Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2015 in Videos Discussion

Comments

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Long time Nostromo N52 user. Recently my ancient N52 finally died. I bought both the Orbweaver and the Tarterus. They both have the same issue, which is the thumbstic/dpad is too sensitive and diagonals (even when turned off) are issues. If you want to use it for movement, great but if you want ASDW on keys and want to program abilities in the dpad, then good luck getting them to go off when wanted. Great product but this one huge drawback. Found an old N52 still in the box unopened on EBay. Thankfully I may get 7 more years out of this one!
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I think the problem with the Dpad is that it's too small in diameter, unlike the N52's Dpad. But that being said I still like my Tartarus.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Loved the section on Unboxing!
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Samhael said:
    Loved the section on Unboxing!
    Yep, nice jab at those lame unboxing videos :awesome:

So, you play medic in WS? Go healers.
  • unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Long time Nostromo N52 user. Recently my ancient N52 finally died. I bought both the Orbweaver and the Tarterus. They both have the same issue, which is the thumbstic/dpad is too sensitive and diagonals (even when turned off) are issues. If you want to use it for movement, great but if you want ASDW on keys and want to program abilities in the dpad, then good luck getting them to go off when wanted. Great product but this one huge drawback. Found an old N52 still in the box unopened on EBay. Thankfully I may get 7 more years out of this one!
    Luckily mine is still working. Razer products lately have become cheap mechanically. I tried some of their latest products at Best Buy recently and the buttons are terribad.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Bit uneasy to see a great game reviewer reduced to promoting site sponsored stuff.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    HAHAHA....nice one ...nice unboxing!!! :D

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    JudgeUK said:
    Bit uneasy to see a great game reviewer reduced to promoting site sponsored stuff.
    This was actually all my doing. I met the Razer guys at PAX and they asked me to look at their Orbweaver. Here we are.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    100% useless to me. My only problem with keyboard is when i have to get into the WASD keys because they are so crammed together i always hit the wrong keys.This hardware does nothing to change that.Most of us already have 5 button mice so again this hardware does absolutely nothing to warrant buying it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Already have gaming mouse & keyboard (with extra buttons/keys), so not feeling the need for yet more buttons. However! If I do a review of it can I have a free one?
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    edited September 2015
    _____I used a G13 for a long time. It particularly was helpful in combat while playing Darkfall because my digits tend to get a little frantic and scrambly in PvP. I saw a significant improvement in my fights.
    _____I think the palm rest is another huge element to regard. The G13 gave some support, but I still hovered a bit. It looks like the Orbweaver might allow you to actually rest your palm. For us older players, this means we can play longer without our hands aching the next day. So @wizardry, I respectfully hold a contrary opinion. It does take a bit getting used to, though. And @MisterZebub I'd definitely recommend testing fitment before buying. There were some that were way to small for my big, manly hands. :P
    _____The keypads also come with presets for popular games that you can download. Another thing I liked about the G13 is it would display my RSS feeds, songs playlists, or news scrolls and such as I played on it's LCD screen. If you don't have a second monitor, it actually gave me something to do while waiting for groups or travel time, etc.
    @TheHiveLeader I'd like to hear your opinion after trying another keypad for comparison. btw... how the hell do you indent in html?

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• GreatswordGreatsword Member RarePosts: 354
    Problem is that due to the scarcity of Cherry MX switches (Cherry simply can't produce enough to satisfy the needs of all manufacturers such as Corsair, Razer etc.), Razer resorted to creating its own switches. For someone who has been using the "real deal" - i.e. original Cherry switches - these are really sub-par. And that is a mild understatement. Also the build quality of my old Razer Orbweaver (the one which at least had original Cherry switches) is laughable. The whole rubber palm rest comes down after a few months of moderate gaming. Hf with the gluey slime that's under it.
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I started using the old N52 back in 2006 and I haven't played a PC, for the most part, without some kind of peripheral like this since. I went through 3 N52's, have a Logitech g13, and now my Tartarus. I only have that because Best Buy didn't have an Orbweaver and I didn't want to wait a few days and have to use my keyboard to play. I love it, I might upgrade to an Orbweaver this Christmas. While I love my Tartarus, I got used to my G13 having so many keys.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    Pretty much same here. Just can't beat the N52s.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Great vid, HL! Nice device, but as a lefty, I have been hard pressed to find any of those pads that make me want to give up my Ideazon Fang.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Laptop users. I guess it really depends on this things size vs a full keyboard. While longer a keyboard is no doubt thinner. Weight length not so much a issue if you are already lugging around a laptop. Imagine it's easier to squeeze a keyboard in a tight case than this thing though..
  • evgen88evgen88 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Compared to the old Nostromos I had the same issue as @NomadMorlock, plus it is noisy as hell and the space key is hypersensitive and easy to accidentally hit if it's beside a small keyboard.