Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In your opinion, what is the current best pvp game?

JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
And why?
Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    for instanced pvp i'd say GW2 you can get in there right away and there's no gear gap or crap like that.
    if they'd add some more variety in map types it would be boss  B)

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    whuarang said:
    For me its INSPIRIT ONLINE, thats the true skill based pvp game if you askm m.

I come from a abackground as gladiator in wow and i have always been playing pvp games but Inspirit online is damn amazing pvp.

CHeck it out, truy amazing.

Never heard of this one tbh.

whuarang said:
    For me its INSPIRIT ONLINE, thats the true skill based pvp game if you askm m.

I come from a abackground as gladiator in wow and i have always been playing pvp games but Inspirit online is damn amazing pvp.

CHeck it out, truy amazing.

Nevermind. I looked at this guys post history. Every post seems to be promoting this game. Not even going to bother.

• HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148
    edited September 2015
    GW2 for instanced PvP and RvR

Why?

Cause it is fun your are getting right from the start be able to do instanced PvP and there is no gear advantage just skill.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Call of duty

Why? Because it has nothing to do with MMORPGs.
  • ichigo62ichigo62 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Now, nothing, maybe Rift for Conquest (If premades are balanced, a huge fun for sure)

Warhammer Online was the king for me, the RvR was crazy intense !! Aion is the closest to Warhammer's RvR but the bots and pvp-gears-grinding just ughhh.
    Hmm, has GW2 changed any since release?

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Return of Reckoning.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    LoL
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Smite
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    League of Legends. They treat it as a sport as much as a game.

While e-sport has been around for decades, to me League of Legends is the game that made it big in the West. It is now at the point where big companies like Coca Cola are not afraid to officially sponsor teams, and stadiums like Maddison Square Garden sell out in hours.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    shadowbane..why?..because i play2crush and i are from mourning!

was thinking about trying simte on xbox-one just to see how it is / plays..it was great on PC but just like every warm muffin it goes cold after awhile..

mmorpg's and pvp is pretty much DeD
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    JakeSim said:
    Hmm, has GW2 changed any since release?
     Yeah, it has they added some things, not a ton, but there's more meat on the bone now. It's still my pvp mmo of choice, given what's out there currently. Aside from that, there's lots of decent mobas out there.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited September 2015
    These forums.
    Nice contribution as usual. lol

Edit: We already know, you only pvp here.
  • GruesdomandivinGruesdomandivin Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Planetside 2 is a fun PVP...but best? Could be I guess.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Fighting games.
    why? because the entire development is focused on PvP with good and active combat mechanics. No cooldowns, no bs skills, you are the only one responsible for your victory/loss.

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I am playing and enjoying ARK a great deal.  The pvp server I am on is pretty cool cause I'm in a good tribe.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

If I could play any game at it's prime over the 2 decades for PvP only I would go with (no particular order)

Star Craft 1

Star Wars Galaxies Pre CU

Ultima Online in it's early years

Half Life: Bubble Mod

Counter Strike 1.6: Warcraft 3 Mod

I like games that require both skills and choices you are making with gearing as well as chr abilities. I also like games that don't force me to depend on some individuals to PvP like MOBA's do. I also don't like learning 100+ heroes and 100+ different maps consistently like some MOBA's do. I rather finish university than continue to study every single map, every single hero, every single abilities as well as watch twitch/youtube and other bs on tips.

• HighestHandHighestHand Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited September 2015
    MMO - GW2 because you have much more control of your character compared to other games. Other games started doing this, but the GW2 skills system gives every player the same materials to win. 

MOBAS - Dota2 because it has a lot of fast paced mechanics that make every game very action packed. Lol a close second. 

• GausseGausse Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Wot World of tank, good graphic, addictive gameplay, very nice statistic about our entire career. 

You need to play this with your own team.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited September 2015
    I agree with GW2. For me that's the best pvp (not the wvw) of any mmorpg I've played as far as being fair and fun.

Darkfall (original) had a lot of potential and fun, but I don't want to open that can of worms right now.

Otherwise, I'm playing War Thunder (air -- arcade mode) for my pvp. I haven't tried WoT.

I've still never played any MOBA. Maybe I should start with the Blizzard one? Heroes of the Storm, is it?

EDIT: ESO could be really fun if they added an arena mode and it wasn't imbalanced because of CP. If they could do something to level the field like GW2, or do matchmaking based on CP. Otherwise, IC is just too zergy -- and ava as well. Unless you're one of the 1337 gank squad guys, I guess.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Gausse said:
    Wot World of tank, good graphic, addictive gameplay, very nice statistic about our entire career. 

You need to play this with your own team.
    Have you tried War Thunder?

I haven't tried WoT. I have invested a lot of time in War Thunder (air). I'm not that interested in tanks, though it can be kind of fun.

Have you played World of Warplanes?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    i guess it depends on what type of pvp game, i think in terms of FPS'ers Planetside 2 is probably a contender, although it does have a few P2W issues where you can buy better weapons, both for infantry and for vehicles, that give you a significant advantage over others, unless they have them too, then there is Eve Online, but, there the PVP is reliant on you not being solo, so really its  a group based PVP game, although battles can risk devolving to mass brawls involving hundreds of players. Then there are the fantasy based games that have pvp, contenders there range from GW2 to ESO etc. where really its not a case of best but personal preference. As for moba's who knows, i find them universally boring.
    edited September 2015
    Guild Wars 2 wasn't exactly bad. But the combat to me felt really...bland. I felt like my skills barely had any impact and I felt limited.

im thinking of picking up ESO as well as Skyforge.

As far as Mobas. I've had my most fun in Heroes of the Storm and Smite.

Fps...counter strike GO and Insurgency.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited September 2015
    you mean, after quake?

no idea, surely some other shooter, and no mmo tho :>

if mmo, it is purely which combat system you like most i guess
    WoW has most likely the most fluid engine, but even the devs never claimed to balance pvp there. it's just... available :pleased: 

GW2 had some probs with the display of characters in open world pvp, in instanced, you need a premade team or it will be the same  hell as every other mmo :)

honorable mentions are maybe wildstar due to the (imo) best combat system and err... yea only wildstar :proud: 

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"