Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If You Like The X-file,Then Why Are You Not Playing The Secret World ?

AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
edited August 2015 in Secret World Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8

This mmo is just like the X-files in story.
Secret governments,aliens and even you can your own Duvid Duchovy,so stop waiting and play the Secret X-Wold Files now.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

While it starts out that way, somewhere in 2nd part of Egypt is lost some of it's charm and I found myself endlessly grinding quests towards an endgame of hard mode dungeons and gear grinding which was the end for me anyways.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• danadutescudanadutescu Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited August 2015
    casue after all this years they still want 30 $ for that shit
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    edited August 2015
    Honestly I lost interest in it, I am not a big horror fan but there combat animations need work on some weapons and such. The questing is amazing to bad we cannot get questing like this in another settings.
    Post edited by moonbound on
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    don't get me wrong I love TSW  but there are not Aliens !
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    The atmosphere is this game's strong point.
    I guess people who had any interest at some point already saw all of that.

The combat just isn't good enough to stay after the storyline ends.

PS: I am one of the few who actually liked Egypt with the hilarious fanatics.
    ATEN ATEN!
    Harbinger of Fools
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Because...the combat

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Combat, animations, story-driven gameplay, no seamless world. Otherwise could be a great game.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Combat wasn't quite there and there was quite a lot of tedious travel.

It wasn't a bad game and I enjoyed my time and would recommend everyone give it a try, but it didn't hold my interest.

Also I think Funcom's account management (outside the game) is probably the worst of any MMORPGs I've ever played. This is true of all their games. While not the reason I quit, it certainly didn't help the overall experience.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Secret governments,aliens and even you can your own Duvid Duchovy,so stop waiting and play the Secret X-Wold Files now.

Seems like we get one of these 'play TSW' threads every couple of days now.  If it's so great why are you here posting about it instead of in game enjoying it?

The folks that like TSW are already playing it so give it a rest ffs.  Anyone would think that Funcom are in trouble .... oh! wait a sec.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    No Gillian Anderson.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Why not ?
    - Horrible combat.
    - Along with the combat, ugly animations.
    - World is not a world but a random assembly of areas linked by some artificial esoteric subway.

Oh, and doesn't this thread belong to the TSW forums anyway?
    great post....right on the money
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Stuka1000 said:

Seems like we get one of these 'play TSW' threads every couple of days now.  If it's so great why are you here posting about it instead of in game enjoying it?

The folks that like TSW are already playing it so give it a rest ffs.  Anyone would think that Funcom are in trouble .... oh! wait a sec.
    Lol you do know anyone can acces internet and forums from anywhere, but to play a MMO isn't quite possible yet to do everywhere due to missing your game system at your workplace or on your travels.

anyway's

Love X-files but didn't get a X-files fibe from the game, while the X-files did have a few lovecraftian episodes.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I like watching the The X-Files, not playing it. I prefer more open world MMOs and TSW, while full of great stories, is a game of unlocking the next piece of the story which makes it a different game experience than that which I am looking for. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Combat and animations are not that great.  The gear grind gets tedious.  Characters look the same other than outfits.

It had great potential with a great story but execution failed.
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    edited September 2015
    It's been said ten million times already for years on end. But I'll say it again, "The combat SUCKS."

(Also the class building sucks in the way it works, the abilities and animations of them are also crap. But then that technically is covered by "combat sucks".)

PS: I will say however that the story was good, the monsters looked cool, and while the "monster petting zoo" level of clumping monsters into a small space was stupid, the atmosphere was good.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Main thing would be the combat.  I also hate taking skills in the trees I know I will never use or taking badly nerfed skills.  They should have respecting as that would make me stay longer or play more.  At this point I have no intention on filling all the skills trees in any game I can think of at the moment, ESO, Skyforge, etc.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• evgen88evgen88 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I couldn't make a character I liked, and the tutorial combat and animations turned me off. And I bought the full game on pre-order :/
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Why not ?
    - Horrible combat.
    - Along with the combat, ugly animations.
    - World is not a world but a random assembly of areas linked by some artificial esoteric subway.

Oh, and doesn't this thread belong to the TSW forums anyway?

The combat was horrific (sorry :) ), like Streetfighter without good combos, bash away on your keys was a through back gameplay wise.

I liked the graphics but the animations were rather below average.

I loved the world, even though it was a jigsaw puzzle of locations. The theme was the games strong point, done really well, no other game like it out there.

TSW is still a MMO I would recommend to anyone, but must admit I only played it for about 6 months.

• Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Because of poor combat,the quest areas are small,no housing,characters always looks bad no matter how much time you put on customization and although the poor graphic quality the game has a really low FPS even on gaming PC.
    TWS could have been the best mmorpg ever with a lot good ideas but has too many flaws.
  • RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Just in case it hasn't been mentioned... the combat sucks
  • aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194

I love X-Files and everything about lovecraftian horror, conspiracy theories, hacking etc.

But TSW is to much of a themepark to be interesting. You go to Egypt or Transilvania, do the linear quests, and ... you're done.

I was expecting players created puzzles, hackers trying to infiltrate the other factions network, guilds setting up huge rumors about monsters (or maybe they're not rumors!), players learning alchemy and starting a plague on London, and -indeed-, guilds acting like custom-FBI groups and asking their players to do Mulder & Scully stuff, spying on others guilds, preventing mad scientist and freaks from destroying the world etc. etc.

Funcom really dropped the ball here. If they had followed the sandbox road and gave players a spooky world PLUS tools to exploit it, to create their own mysterious quests and conspiracy, TSW would have been amazing.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I do like the investigation aspect and the quests and story-lines. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• quix0tequix0te Member UncommonPosts: 138
    casue after all this years they still want 30 $ for that shit

You can get it on steam for half that, so you are basically paying 15$ for 60 to 100 hours of gameplay.  I think the world is fabulous.  The atmosphere is amazing.  The character design is crap.  You end up grinding points to get abilities you don't really want, so you can FINALLY get the ability you actually want.  ALL the abilities should have something that makes you go "Oh, cool".  Instead you get superspecialized abilities that are only useful in a niche build.   I would have loved to play TSW with the Champions Online character development.  
  • quix0tequix0te Member UncommonPosts: 138
    aSynchro said:

I love X-Files and everything about lovecraftian horror, conspiracy theories, hacking etc.

But TSW is to much of a themepark to be interesting. You go to Egypt or Transilvania, do the linear quests, and ... you're done.

I was expecting players created puzzles, hackers trying to infiltrate the other factions network, guilds setting up huge rumors about monsters (or maybe they're not rumors!), players learning alchemy and starting a plague on London, and -indeed-, guilds acting like custom-FBI groups and asking their players to do Mulder & Scully stuff, spying on others guilds, preventing mad scientist and freaks from destroying the world etc. etc.

Funcom really dropped the ball here. If they had followed the sandbox road and gave players a spooky world PLUS tools to exploit it, to create their own mysterious quests and conspiracy, TSW would have been amazing.
    I think the world was (mostly) well done and at least doing once.  Coding some of that stuff (killing yourself to solve some mysteries, survival puzzles where you evaded your pursuers instead of simply killing them) would have been difficult.  That said, I love me some character-created content.
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Dakeru said:
    The atmosphere is this game's strong point.
    I guess people who had any interest at some point already saw all of that.

The combat just isn't good enough to stay after the storyline ends.

PS: I am one of the few who actually liked Egypt with the hilarious fanatics.
    ATEN ATEN!
    Actually it is the story as well.