Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yennefer vs. Triss

JuzaaJuzaa Member UncommonPosts: 31
Which lady do you like more?

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Yennefer for sure, the love story between her and Geralt that stretches 20 years is quite amazing. Their relationship was hinted at in Witcher 1 and shown in flashbacks in Witcher 2 as an important underlying storyline that plays a large role in Geralt's life. While she may seem like a "cliché" hot woman in heels, I think the amount of effort and detail put into their love story is what set's her aside from other video game characters who fit that role with very shallow character development/story.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Originally posted by Mithrundir
    Yennefer for sure, the love story between her and Geralt that stretches 20 years is quite amazing. Their relationship was hinted at in Witcher 1 and shown in flashbacks in Witcher 2 as an important underlying storyline that plays a large role in Geralt's life. While she may seem like a "cliché" hot woman in heels, I think the amount of effort and detail put into their love story is what set's her aside from other video game characters who fit that role with very shallow character development/story.

Yennefer (based on books) is one of most powerful sorceres and absolute bombshell. She is far more powerful than Geralt and is very patronising all the time (and also kind of ashamed of him)  Its like people that marry to a more rich and sucessful woman that is also super model.

Triss on other hand is like that nerd girl from school that was always in love with her best friend but never dared to tell him.

In books Yennefer is Geralts eternal love, but i would always perfer Triss

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

....and absolute bombshell. 

That's an illusion dude, she's a 100 years old hunchback (this is not a joke, it is explained in the novels).

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh

Neither.

I'm sick of female characters that are nothing more than eye-candy and obligatory "hot tough chick in high heels and makeup" in these games.

They're both pop-culture tripe.

Umm they are imaginary video game characters with more substance than some RL celebrities.

Video games are pop culture now, didn't you get the memo?

They're only imaginary if they aren't in 4k. Otherwise they actually live in your house. 

Also, they are both sorceresses, so it's entirely possible that they are actually quite average, or even ugly, and have just cast a spell on themselves to make them look the way they do since, you know, women have used their looks to manipulate men since the beginning of time. Shoot! I'll bet it was Eve who ate the fruit in the Garden of Eden and then said Adam did it first and she probably whispered to admit to it and he could, you know, do stuff. 

Look at every male sorcerer, they are like old and frail because, you know, it takes a long time to learn this stuff. Soooooooo, basically, Yenn and Triss are more likely 80 year-old hags playing dress-up in young-girl skins in order to use the humans natural sexual desire in order to gain an advantage or get something they want. Even look at Keira. She sees Geralt coming and immediately retreats to what? A bath tub.... yeah.... that makes sense. Oh and then beckon him to come to you, even though you're naked. If you didn't immediately say to yourself, "Ok, what do you want?" then you're naive. We should take another poll to see how many people helped Keria get the magic lamp in hopes that it might lead to some gesture of gratitude. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    No gay love interest possible? I noticed some hints in one of the quests.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Philipa is gay.  Geralt is not gay so there are no gay love interests for him.

This is obviously a personal thing, but I don't like Yennefer that much.  She helps Geralt and Ciri, but she often does bad things to accomplish that.  She also puts Geralt down all the time.

Triss seems a fairly good person.  I generally have liked her in the games.  Especially in the Witcher 2 and 3.  In the Witcher 1 she was more like Yennefer for some reason.  She seems fairly concerned with politics and helping everyone.  I really enjoyed the romance scene in the Witcher 2 with Triss.  It was probably the best scene like that has appeared in video games IMO.  It had great music and atmosphere.  Geralt is not interested in politics at all.  Even though I like Triss I'm not sure if I see Geralt retiring with her.

I think the best ending would be to go with Ciri and be Witchers until Geralt dies.  I'm not sure if that is possible.  I've looked into it a bit, but so far all I've seen is it's possible for Ciri to become a Witcher.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2015
    i havent read the books so i know almost nothing about Yennefer. Didnt play enough Witcher 1 (couldnt stand the controls in that game). I beat Witcher 2 and the only thing i learned about Yennefer was through the loading screens/dialog.

As good as Yennefer looks in Witcher 3, and as badass sorcerer as she might be, i havent learned enough about her to be a memorable character outside of the books.

From Witcher 1 (the little bit i played), and the entirety of Witcher 2, Geralt was very close to Triss. I am catching up with Triss on Witcher 3 because she is a memorable character in my experience with the Witcher Franchise (excluding the books).

TLDR. Triss is my answer (after being naughty with Keira, of course).

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    edited September 2015
    Ciri is the best
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2015
    Flyte27 said:

I think the best ending would be to go with Ciri and be Witchers until Geralt dies.  I'm not sure if that is possible.  I've looked into it a bit, but so far all I've seen is it's possible for Ciri to become a Witcher.
    If Andrzej Sapkowski ever kills Geralt in a future story i hope the franchise continues with Ciri as the main character and as Geralt's apprentice.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Flyte27 said:

If Andrzej Sapkowski ever kills Geralt in a future story i hope the franchise continues with Ciri as the main character and as Geralt's apprentice.
    I think it's very likely.

I'll miss Geralt though.  You don't see to many heroes that are so emotionless, but also emotional at the same time these days. 

I hope they improve Ciri's animation if they use her for the next character.  I found she ran kind of sissy for someone who was trained as a witcher and has been on the run.  I did enjoy playing as here though.  Her ability to teleport was pretty fun.