Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What characters do you miss playing the most ?

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Another thing about Vanguard was the epic music which was right up there with AOC IMO.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited September 2015
    I had so many characters in this game I think I had every crafter and class. Yes I'm a total altaholic . I need serious help. I loved so many things about this game but it got very lonely when people all left so what I missed the most was a population.

I miss the shaman and disciple I had the most.
    Chamber of Chains
  • sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I think my Varanjar Rogue was the best character I have played in any game ever. Awesome look, and rogues could really do it all if you had the knowledge, skill, and put in the time.
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    edited September 2015
    I miss my fox (forget name) monk. I miss this game in general. I'm still sad it was never a huge success. I believe it was one of the better MMOs back in the day.

edit: Raki Monk
    Post edited by JakeSim on
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Disciple..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xamenxamen Member UncommonPosts: 13

I miss my dark elf necro, dps/pet pulls/corpse retrieval etc. I thought she was OP until I made a disciple. Then again, she was OP.

And my dark elf DK who diploed until he was hoarse just so NPCs wouldn't kill him wherever he went.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    None, the game was horribly overrated. The only thing I miss from it is the diplomacy system, which was neat.

I agree that the game was horribly overrated.  I did like the Blood Mage but don't miss it.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Something being overrated implies that it was more successful than it should have been.

I think Vanguard clearly cant be accused of that.
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    DE DK and DE Necro. Druid was a bunch of fun too. Great game, lots of issues, but always came back to it after little breaks. Hoping goes this direction soon again, but not holding my breath. One game out there looks promising, but not going to derail the thread, and it's too far off still.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    None, the game was horribly overrated. The only thing I miss from it is the diplomacy system, which was neat.
    It only took the 5th post for someone to say something negative and not answer the question.   sad commentary.

The Necro was my favorite.

I self identify as a monkey.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Excellent game all it needed was a little help, hope daybreak will update and rerelease someday.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Um, Daybreak is the new name of SOE [Sony Online Entertainment], after Sony sold it.

Vanguard however was done by Sigil Inc - R.I.P.

The successor to Vanguard, or the closest to a successor to Vanguard, will probably be Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen by Visionary Realms, again with the same lead developer as with EverQuest (with SOE) and Vanguard (with Sigil Inc) - Brad McQuaid.

SOE/Daybreak currently develops "EverQuest Next". That is a sandbox game and will be of the free to play variant from the very start. While it refers to EQ and EQ2, it doesnt refer to Vanguard in any way.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I miss the disciple as he was in early beta, before the energy bar, where his combat was essentially a flow -- you went through skill paths with your combat enabling different skills three steps down the line by your actions now.  Disciples were still a little op, but they were harder to play, and a lot more fun in early beta.

In essence the skills did less damage than they did in release, BUT you could ALWAYS use a skill -- you never ran out of points. 

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    My funnest to play twinks were level 8 cleric and level 16 bard... they both had like 8k infamy or something crazy

guild banshees FFA PVP server

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Um, Daybreak is the new name of SOE [Sony Online Entertainment], after Sony sold it.

Vanguard however was done by Sigil Inc - R.I.P.

The successor to Vanguard, or the closest to a successor to Vanguard, will probably be Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen by Visionary Realms, again with the same lead developer as with EverQuest (with SOE) and Vanguard (with Sigil Inc) - Brad McQuaid.

SOE/Daybreak currently develops "EverQuest Next". That is a sandbox game and will be of the free to play variant from the very start. While it refers to EQ and EQ2, it doesnt refer to Vanguard in any way.
    Hate to tell you this but EQN was scrapped awhile ago.....
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Leave it to Necros to Necro an old thread  :)
    Haha I only now realize that I listed basically half of all classes in my starting posting.

Its all good though. I tried all classes, more or less, some only to level 10 - and they've all been fun.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Tuurgin Bear Shammy and my kojani Disciple. 

Hate to tell you this but EQN was scrapped awhile ago.....
    Which only proves how little I cared about that project.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    mmoguy43 said:
    mmoguy43 said:

I played a necro Goblin, he was funny as hell at it, plus I necro'd my own Necro post.......

• LeonardValenciaLeonardValencia Member CommonPosts: 13
    Me too i play necro goblin
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I don't remember much of my characters from VG, but I do remember the monk and disciple class. I really liked those.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    I think it was a psi something I played. Some squishy class that could tank from cc.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    edited September 2017
    Now that I think about it, the classes of vanguard that were truly memorable were healers of various stripes.  In modern games you have to kill for a healer.

Healers in vanguard were fun to play.