Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be warned befor installing RU version of BD:

Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Quote from reddit:

I just noticed this after uninstalling the game & GameNet client, Thorn.exe and some Thorn helper process stays on your computer and you can't kill it. According to the license agreement it doesn't collect personal data, but pretty weird it's not removed when uninstalling the game so you have to do this manually. Just a friendly warning, I rather not have extra processes running on my PC while I don't even play their game..

License Agreement

4.10. User acknowledges and agrees that the installation and operation of the software project (in particular, Annex GameNet) on the electronic computer user's machine in a folder at %LOCALAPPDATA%\THORN can be installed administration software designed to combat the misuse of the Project GameNet and Security User Accounts Project (hereinafter - the "Service Provider Assistant Account Security"). Service Provider Assistant Account Security Administration sends daily updates statistical information about the software used by the user. Service Provider Assistant Account Security does not collect or transmit personal data. When you delete or uninstall applications GameNet service provider Account Security Assistant is not deleted or uninstalled automatically to computer user's machine. The user has the right to delete Service Provider Assistant Account Security manually. To remove the Service Provider Assistant Account Security system must run the command line utility an administrator and run the command cd %LOCALAPPDATA%\THORN && thorn.exe -c 20 && thorn.exe -u

I just spotted this 2 programs today in my Task Manager, and was wondering what they were about. Pretty sneaky i'd say.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes i love it when devs post this kind of nonsense then you enter the game and see cheating all over,so not like it EVER works.
    I would think if you had high enough malware settings"heuristic" your program would remove it.

Want to know what is even funnier..."you have the right to remove it" well how about the right to not install it in the first place" lmao.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.