Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no PVE Server ? No wonder this game is history soon.....

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    edited September 2015
    ArcheAge cannot be changed to a PVE game without fundamentally changing the game itself.  Now with that said it could be a good setup if AA took SWG's taging/Flagging system.  If we can be covert and keep from PVPing unless we choose too it could make the game better.  

For example if the 2 Factions (Not counting Pirates right now) had an ACTIVE and COVERT settings then the game would be better.  For Example if I am a Nui but dont want to get involved with the war between them I should be able to be a covert player because I will want to do more CRAFTING than combat.  So as a Covert player I cannot engage in the combat unless it was a Guild Vs Guild meeting where I could flag up to fight against the other Guild.  Now if I want to be a Combat type player I Go Active and I am always active now if I want to drop that I need to be out of combat vs any of the other faction other than a Guild vs Guild faction war.   

I would also strip the Same Faction killing on the home continents and water ways around the the continents.  Only in the north Seas, Freedrich, and Auroria should this be done and only to become a pirate which should happen VERY fast and would have a long process of coming out of being a Pirate.  Also anyone that killed someone of their own faction can be flagged PVP for at least 2 hours and can be killed by anyone anywhere.  However if you are Green you cannot kill a Greed EXCEPT in the 3 areas above.  

Now this will allow players to level up on the home continents without worrying about PVP most of which is nothing more than Trade pack ganking, and PVPers using the Guards in the Zone to auto kill people.  At least in Auroria its more of a FFA.

I would also bring Guild PVP war type flagging in.  I would also make the game a P2P game because with the cash shop I am sorry its a P2W cash shop and it cannot stand in a Sandbox MMO.  Sorry Kano but it is no matter what you think.

I would also remove any of the Crystals from the crafting to upgrade weapons.  I would have a higher and straight RNG with upgrading items but it would cause hard to get Mats that would be destroyed if you fail the upgrade.  I wouldnt destroy the item.  Also with going P2P I would get rid of the Labor Point System.  You dont need it with P2P.  I would also force grids on the land so that buildings cannot block people from land.  I would also limit the number of buildings a person can have active at 1 time to 10 like in SWG.  Yes another account will increase what 1 person has however its another Subscription its money coming in.  I would take that money and add more Home continent land and islands so people can grow.

Of course no one at XLGames will allow any of this to happen but o well.  Thats what I would do and the game would have high server populations and be adding servers not subtracting them.  But what do I know I am just a carebear today who ones a long time ago would go looking for someone to kill being a 1 x GM with a hally.  That system was great at 18, but not at 35.    

Again the game should not be F2P.  Its too much P2P with having a cash shop in a Sandbox MMO.  
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    The term PVP in this context is a euphemism. It's not "PVP" that is causing players to leave. It's griefing.
    If there was forced PVP, but was governed in some way where the encounters were made to be fair for each side, the story would be different.
  • BajsN3rdBajsN3rd Member UncommonPosts: 41
    I dont like archeage nor do I play it anymore.

But for the love of cheese may the carebears keep on crying. Open world with both pve and pvp is the way to live, if not then go play wow.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    ArcheAge will probably do fine once they sort out the cash shop stuff or whatever it was people had beef with... i mean lots of people seemed to love the gameplay
    Reputation is everything. AA is finished (In the West anyway) and their quarterly financials will prove that. From the ground up it was a RNG, Cash Shop, PVP mess though not honestly advertised that way to people who backed it. It was bait and switch and those burned will never come back. In fact, I will be wary of Trion period from now on. 

From the ground up, the PVE was just put there so that they could entice the PVE crowd to buy in and it worked fairly well i think. Unfortunately the PVE crowd is the majority of an MMORPGs economy. AA was a game created with a tiny bit of real content. Cheaply made having its entire endgame languishing in the repetitive PVP and pack haulting/crafting that has kept some people playing. I stuck around to engage in some sea and land PVP but after even doing that for a while...it got boring and repetitive. Sometimes we did well and sometimes we did not do so well, rinse, repeat. Hauled alot of resources for gold, crafted alot of weapons and pharmed alot of tokens....I mean ALOT of tokens. I just couldn't keep doing it. 
    that may be.. i'm not really keepng up on the game since i dont play it. i just based it on the amount of topics i've seen about it on various sites since they announced some change.. and that a lot of people have claimed that they'd go back if they removed the p2w aspect of it. so to me atleast it looks like people haven't ruled it out entirely yet.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

that may be.. i'm not really keepng up on the game since i dont play it. i just based it on the amount of topics i've seen about it on various sites since they announced some change.. and that a lot of people have claimed that they'd go back if they removed the p2w aspect of it. so to me atleast it looks like people haven't ruled it out entirely yet.
    Befor, Archeage had no competition on EU market. With Black Desert and Blade and Soul coming in few month- it's might be a game over for Archeage. I know it's a little early to say, but Archeage RU is alredy feeling the effects of RU Black Desert.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    AA is not a PvE game.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited September 2015
    Jonas_SG said:

Befor, Archeage had no competition on EU market. With Black Desert and Blade and Soul coming in few month- it's might be a game over for Archeage. I know it's a little early to say, but Archeage RU is alredy feeling the effects of RU Black Desert.
    Ehhmmm...Balck Desert will have the same type of "pay2win" items in cash shop, you know the kind of items increase the chance of upgrading gears. And Blade & Soul is a completely different game, more themepark than sandbox and also will have gear upgrade items in cash shop. So enjoy...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    AA was always a PvP game. Sorry you didn't like it.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Jonas_SG said:

Ehhmmm...Balck Desert will have the same type of "pay2win" items in cash shop, you know the kind of items increase the chance of upgrading gears. And Blade & Soul is a completely different game, more themepark than sandbox and also will have gear upgrade items in cash shop. So enjoy...

The shop items, depend on the Publisher for each region. Korean version didn't have P2P servers like in RU version. That shows that Publishers have effect on the game.

Just because Trion failed with Archeage cash shop, doesn't mean other Publishers will follow the failed steps. And so far there are no such items as you described  in Korean Shop.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    There wasnt a lot of PvP (in the real sense) it was mostly greiifing. 

If you didnt think people hated PvP then you never saw Hellswamp once t turned blue. There werent 5 people on that map when it was in conflict or at war then when it switched there were literally (correctly used) 2 or 3 hundred farm carts surrounding the machine there. Assuming of course Hasla was also blue which it usually was. But if it wasnt then THAT was the real benchmark because until Hasla was blue even a blue Hellswamp was basically empty other than guys staging their larders or loading up waiting on the timer.

There are/were plenty of ways to make it more PvP associated. If you run trades through a red map you get a conflict or wartime bonus, through all maps you travel through. So if you start at a red hellswamp go through a red Hasla and turn in at a red Cinder or Sandeep you get triple conflict or war (depending) credits. Obviously that is also guild focused as youre going to need protection doing it, but solo guys could try it for a thrill. Or hire out for protection (a mechanic sorely needed but not implemented).

Basically the game tried(s) to hard too be 'hard' when it really isnt. Even the PvP is a joke because you never saw anything remotely 'fair' about it. While some might say PvP isnt about 'fair' thats only true now because everyone has the greifer mentality. If it were a fair and balanced PvP system the "pvpers' wouldnt play it because then they wouldnt be able to compete. So its a vicious circle of irony and fail when all is said and done.

But you cant have forced part time PvP and expect people to do it when the rewards simply arent there.  Because no one PvPs to PvP they all want to get something out of it.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    There are many reasons why AA failed and is declining... not having PvE servers is not one of them :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • AylindelAylindel Member UncommonPosts: 22
    this game had one of the worse issues with hackings in history of MMO.  gold spams, and bots were every 2 minutes.   getting a house was imposible due to the nice hacks.  there is nothing worse than a game that allows cheating without consequenses.    i was enjoying the game even though i only had a small plot of land to farm a few crops. ( no chance of getting a house ever)  but after 30,  you coulden't even do a single trade run without getting pked constantly.  you coulden't level without getting pked constantly.  diden't take me long to uninstall the game and never go back.
  • hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Archeage is a guild PvP game at heart. Don't solo, don't PvE, play it as how it was intended - with a guild, fight other guilds. Profit.

If you are looking for a solo pve game - ArcheAge is not the game for you period. 

Archeage with no PVP sounds like my personal definition of hell. That would be such a dreadfully boring game.

PvE only ArcheAge is probably the worst idea I've heard, I can't imagine anyone playing that. 
    What's sad is I'm willing to bet there would be a ton of gamers that would play such a game. They'd be the same type of players that wanted PVE servers in ARK: Survival. Sitting there on their boring little farm plots all day playing what is essentially Korean Farming Simulator 2015.
    People play Candy Crush and Solitaire. Enough said.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    AA has always been a PVP game, was advertised as one and I doubt the devs will change that. I never played it because of been a PVP game, I hate PVP so I dont play those games.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Just woke up but did the OP say PvE was fun in this game?  I played beta briefly and realized this was not about PvE and if you wanted to PvE chose another game.  Since I dont enjoy gank games I chose another game, simple.  I would hope this would become an amazing PvP game so those types leave other games and PvE types can enjoy them.  Alas, it seems there remain issues in this PvP paradise. 
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    PVP players will never be satisfied with any game, they like the plague, like locusts, they come, they raze and they move on from one game to another, when they dont have any PVP game left they come and destroy PVE games.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    exactly why I eventually gave up on Aion - I didn't mind going to the Abyss for Fort fights as it felt like I was going into a BG back in 1.0...but I was never going to be someone who did nothing but PvP and get armed to the teeth with +1 billion gear and OP godstones, so open world was never fun as you would just get destroyed by someone with OP gear.  I loved the world and PvE aspects of the game but the forced PvP eventually wore on me and had to give up on it.  This is why I never tried AA and will not even think about looking at BDO - I am looking forward to BnS though because you have a choice to PvP or not.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Upon reaching level 50 and getting insta killed by someone who has better gear was a turn off for me. I'm a pvper. Gear grind if for PVE.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2015
    Why do people join OWPVP games, stand around and complain about OWPVP like they didn't know what it was in the first place and make everybody else miserable and ruin the servers then ask for a PVE server? Do these folks not research the game before joining it?

Archeage is a great game and the reason it's having issues ISN'T OWPVP. It's the professional victims and cry babies who are ruining the servers by taking up space and f#ck!ing up the balance. It's the P2W + RNG. It's Trion continually pandering to thin skinned softies to pilfer wallets instead of working with the loyal base of folks who accepted the game and the original premise.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    P.S. If you join a game with OWPVP and cry about it, it's not forced PVP. It's self victimization.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    There doesn't have to be a binary pvp,  no pvp server.

What about a server with pvp only in set zones at set times, or something like that.  A lite pvp server.  Or a server where pvp between people more than x levels apart, or one that only allows pvp with the opposite faction (easy enough to add another method on this server to become pirates,

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    This game has literally the worst PvE I've ever seen in an MMO.  It really makes me question the OP if he thinks the PvE was anything but horrible.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    itchmon said:

What about a server with pvp only in set zones at set times, or something like that.
    How is that any different than what they have now?  If I do trade runs from Gwenoid to 2-Crowns I dont go through any PVP zones.  I can go though some of the PVP zones during certain times and also be safe.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    When they first announced the game I was floored by how much pve stuff there was to do int he game.  I was also floored when they said the game would be pvp centric.  Everything sounded so good on the pve side that I decided to play anyway as I have done with a few other pvp centric games.  I really had fun right until level thirty, then I left. 

If they made more pve only zones or changed the times for more pve I would come back.  The thirty and above pve zones didn't even have set timers for pve only, just to make sure they drove away pve only players.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    The only reason I avoided Aion and Archeage forced pvp. PvP in mmorpg makes no sense PvP in first person shooter is where is at my actual skill as individual counts in mmorpg a 2 year old mashing buttons on a super geared real money build character will kill everyone around.
    Who says pvp needs to be about skill in an mmoRPG?