Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no PVE Server ? No wonder this game is history soon.....

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited August 2015 in ArcheAge
Not one of my old ArcheAge friends me included wanted to do PvP

PvE in ArcheAge is wonderful and fun , until PvP starts...... and its forced

Developers and PvP Fans think this game is chained to PvP and cant work withtout it....

NOW >

They all left.............

AND >

ArcheAge is merging servers now........

Who wonders ?

The developers wont get their Porsche , Swimming Pools  and other Luxury by not listening to the players demands..

Wrong decicions wrong pride and closed Eyes and Ears  lead right into to a Dead End 

I feel so sorry for the games GRAFIC/SOUND and LORE/STORY designers that have to watch their work going down the drain.

They did awesome work !! To bad that management decicions arent made by them too.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    There are a number of reasons people avoided AA post launch including rampant hacking, botting, gold spam, and a mechanic that limited many peoples ability to farm as the wanted unless the bought potions from the cash shop.

I'd probably put your complaint about 7th or 8th on the list. Seriously, I'm a carebear, but have learned how to have fun in PVP games, 6 years in EVE and did not mind the PVP in AA, adds to the challenge.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    @Kyleran, dont forget you are you and everyone has his own preferences. I avoid PvP like a plague. I have my reasons why.

i had fun until i think L30 when PvP started and some idiots ganked me over and over ...

same happend to my buddies.... they just wanted to do their PvE stuff....

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Adding PvE servers isn't as simple as it sounds. When Pve is a rather large part of the gameplay those servers will have less content than the regular servers. Now, if they made the game with both server types from the beginning it would have been simplerut now they also need to up the PvE content past lvl 30 for it to work.

And yes, they should consider doing just that since there are plenty of PvE only players, my point is just that it takes more work then most people assume.
    Pongping said:
    @Kyleran, dont forget you are you and everyone has his own preferences. I avoid PvP like a plague. I have my reasons why.

i had fun until i think L30 when PvP started and some idiots ganked me over and over ...

same happend to my buddies.... they just wanted to do their PvE stuff....

Don't take this the wrong way, but your reasons are irrelevant, you learn to overcome your preferences and adapt to the game, you don't ask the game to adapt to you. 

I did it, everyone can do it, just a matter of will and perseverance.

But like you said, you and your friends had another choice, not to play which was the correct for you.

But there is little evidence that making a PVE only server would pay for itself, hence it isnt made.

Also, Korean Devs seem to expect their players to enjoy PVP, pretty central to most of their game designs.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    That's exactly why I never even played it. I knew it was a pvp MMO.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I disliked the fact of forced PvP as well and left peacefully.

the other fact is that pvp games wont have a chance over the long term........ even if their player base feels like something special

ArcheAge has many other problems than just forced pvp though
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    any changes to pvp yet ?
    can i disable it  since 2.0 ?
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    The majority of people that left did so because of how patron works not because of PvP... The game is actually thriving right now, not sure how long that will last but I'm having a lot of fun on the fresh start server. Between AA and ESO I am very content with my MMO gaming right now. Maybe someday someone will combine the best of both games...
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    edited September 2015
    Kyleran said:
    There are a number of reasons people avoided AA post launch including rampant hacking, botting, gold spam, and a mechanic that limited many peoples ability to farm as the wanted unless the bought potions from the cash shop....
    These are primary reasons why I won't play ArcheAge. In my opinion this MMO was designed from day one to be a congame and the Players are the marks.

PvP for me has nothing to do with why I won't touch this.... and I nolonger PvP.... that should tell people something.
    edited September 2015
    As others have said, PVE only AA would not be an enjoyable game. Sure, you can quest, but most agree the quest system is pretty boring.  You could farm, but to what purpose?  Once you built your house or whatever, then what?  You could craft better gear, but for what purpose......it's mostly beneficial in PVP, not PVE.

You wouldn't like what you are asking for, best to seek it elsewhere.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Griefers would probably come over to the pve servers and find a way to harass people anyway. We all know this isn't really about a pve server. It's about a lack of grief prevention. And I'm going to stop right here because this forum is dangerous close to becoming a pvp vs pve argument.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Kyleran said:
    As others have said, PVE only AA would not be an enjoyable game. Sure, you can quest, but most agree the quest system is pretty boring.  You could farm, but to what purpose?  Once you built your house or whatever, then what?  You could craft better gear, but for what purpose......it's mostly beneficial in PVP, not PVE.

You wouldn't like what you are asking for, best to seek it elsewhere.

Crafting - Gear.

Dungeon - Gear.

Raid - Gear.

Isn't this the route to succeed in NA and EU?

Korean Weapon and Armor upgrade RNG system is why Archeage failed in NA/EU and RU.  There is no challenge in getting gear in Archeage. All you have to do is Open your Credit card, and let RNG decide how much money Trion will earn this month, haha.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    As much as I'd love a PVE with elective PVP server, the game seems designed for the upper levels to be all about warring factions. I'm betting XLGames says no to repeated requests from Trion.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    The only reason I avoided Aion and Archeage forced pvp. PvP in mmorpg makes no sense PvP in first person shooter is where is at my actual skill as individual counts in mmorpg a 2 year old mashing buttons on a super geared real money build character will kill everyone around.
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited September 2015
    Credit card battles are the best part of AA.   Take away the PvP and you take away the CC wars.  Then nobody would enjoy it. 
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:

I would hope Trion has never made such a request - because that would be an epic /facepalm

The game is fundamentally designed in every core system to be a guild PvP game.

I agree, but Trion's also smart enough to know that PVE means more players.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Seriously, this is a PvP focused game.  Its like saying add bloody death pvp to Hello Kitty Online.  You dont even grind mobs in this game, except for Hasla, like you do in other games.  PvE is just there to get you to max level and give you time to learn your abilities.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    ArcheAge will probably do fine once they sort out the cash shop stuff or whatever it was people had beef with... i mean lots of people seemed to love the gameplay

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    ArcheAge will probably do fine once they sort out the cash shop stuff or whatever it was people had beef with... i mean lots of people seemed to love the gameplay

If Black Desert Guild PvP is better than Archeage guild PvP - guilds will leave, and only players that invested $ will stay.

Let's see how thing will go with Black Desert RU, and how big of an impact it would have on Archeage RU, when it launches in October/November this year.

Mmh, with Blade and Soul also launching soon, Trions Archeage will have a tough time ahead.

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Reputation is everything. AA is finished (In the West anyway) and their quarterly financials will prove that. From the ground up it was a RNG, Cash Shop, PVP mess though not honestly advertised that way to people who backed it. It was bait and switch and those burned will never come back. In fact, I will be wary of Trion period from now on. 

From the ground up, the PVE was just put there so that they could entice the PVE crowd to buy in and it worked fairly well i think. Unfortunately the PVE crowd is the majority of an MMORPGs economy. AA was a game created with a tiny bit of real content. Cheaply made having its entire endgame languishing in the repetitive PVP and pack haulting/crafting that has kept some people playing. I stuck around to engage in some sea and land PVP but after even doing that for a while...it got boring and repetitive. Sometimes we did well and sometimes we did not do so well, rinse, repeat. Hauled alot of resources for gold, crafted alot of weapons and pharmed alot of tokens....I mean ALOT of tokens. I just couldn't keep doing it. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    You cant blame the repetitive gameplay on Trion. XL designed and coded the game and I disagree with you about a lack of real content.  I think this game has a lot of great content but the problem is it is hidden behind paywalls (castle sieges) and the necessity to be in a large guild.  Some of that is due to XL's design and some of it is due to Trions cash shop pricing.  I also agree that there is quite a bit of repetitive gameplay.  I got bored of doing trade runs myself.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Talonsin said:
    You cant blame the repetitive gameplay on Trion. XL designed and coded the game and I disagree with you about a lack of real content.  I think this game has a lot of great content but the problem is it is hidden behind paywalls (castle sieges) and the necessity to be in a large guild.  Some of that is due to XL's design and some of it is due to Trions cash shop pricing.  I also agree that there is quite a bit of repetitive gameplay.  I got bored of doing trade runs myself.
    I agree Trion is not responsible for all of AA's woes.  However, they mislead the players, went back on their promise, and went out of control on the cash shop.  

Trion knowingly got into bed with XL, and they are just as guilty for the bastard created. 
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    While PVE only server sound stupid for a game with PVP at core like Archeage , i can't deny the PVE part of this game is bad .
    I avoid PVE from level 35 to 50 after get ganked many time by the max level players while doing quest . Spend labor to mine and craft stone instead of doing PVE quest . There are peace time , but i always missed them
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Loke666 said:
    Adding PvE servers isn't as simple as it sounds. When Pve is a rather large part of the gameplay those servers will have less content than the regular servers. Now, if they made the game with both server types from the beginning it would have been simplerut now they also need to up the PvE content past lvl 30 for it to work.

And yes, they should consider doing just that since there are plenty of PvE only players, my point is just that it takes more work then most people assume.
    Man it wouldn't be hard. They would just have to shut off players being able to attack each other, and that expansion where you had to fight over the castle thing, just turn it off, and make it place able land. Not to mention UO, figured it out lol....... I don't know why you guys make all sorts of excuses for these really bad developers. 

It does not take more work then people assume, Trion just doesn't want to do any work at all. In fact all they do , is mess the game up. Then convince people such as your self, which are in no minority, that all this stuff is extremely difficult and nothing ever can be done.  I have seen Dayz epoch servers ran better, by people who don't even make money off it. SWG EMU, does a better job, and SWG is way more complex than Archeage ever dreamed to be. The resource system on that, is so complex in the database, if it isn't done right, it over loads the server, but whoa some people who don't get paid figured it out............

But hey, you guys enjoy your gank fest, bot infested, hack ruining, labor point game. When in a few years, Trion milks it dry, and shuts it down, because they care about the players as much as oil companies care about the environment, you can come here, and defend them about how they really did the best they could. Like BP, when it blew up the Texas plant due to poor maintenance, but hey they employ people right haha. 
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    edited September 2015
    Pongping said:
    Not one of my old ArcheAge friends me included wanted to do PvP

PvE in ArcheAge is wonderful and fun , until PvP starts...... and its forced

Developers and PvP Fans think this game is chained to PvP and cant work withtout it....

NOW >

They all left.............

AND >

ArcheAge is merging servers now........

Who wonders ?

The developers wont get their Porsche , Swimming Pools  and other Luxury by not listening to the players demands..

Wrong decicions wrong pride and closed Eyes and Ears  lead right into to a Dead End 

I feel so sorry for the games GRAFIC/SOUND and LORE/STORY designers that have to watch their work going down the drain.

They did awesome work !! To bad that management decicions arent made by them too.
    Im the total opposite tbh, i found archege pve tedious and boring

The down side is the they tried to balance it to be PvE friendly to much and didnt have any realy risk vs reward in the pvp so i stopped playing it. 
    Sure u can get trade ships but its very rare to see the mcross the ocean most of them just went along the safezone coastline and only visited PvP enabled ports during peace time. Wasnt any real incentive to cross the ocean cause the reward wasnt there for the risk involved.
    Playing a pirate when no one dared to enter the open ocean isnt that fun unfortunately.

There were ofcourse other reason to it aswell to pus hme to quit like the labor system and how the devs were handling things.