Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Blade & Soul Has Beta Dates!

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Blade & Soul Has Beta Dates!

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    I first quarter of next year is not the winter of this year! :) But if BS takes longer to come out it will be better so who cares?
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Well since winter starts on like Dec. 21st or something, I'm pretty sure anyone with the IQ of a potato knew this was going to be a 2016 release.
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Imo everyone that wanted to try B&S already did on Chinese and other servers. I don't expect them to have a giant rush with giant queues at launch. As for Tera, BHS aren't learning at all and doing the wrong things. Because of this they aren't keeping old nor new players. They should rework their end-game content and mechanics. Back when lvl 60 was a cap (when it was P2P) there was enough content to go around, but ever since F2P you basically get to lvl cap and do a few dungeon runs to get the firs gear set and then you quit because of 1-2 dungeon entrance a day which is impossible to PUG (without ragequitting). Game's great up to lvl cap as it is. Cheers.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    ZagatoMKR said:
    Imo everyone that wanted to try B&S already did on Chinese and other servers. I don't expect them to have a giant rush with giant queues at launch. As for Tera, BHS aren't learning at all and doing the wrong things. Because of this they aren't keeping old nor new players. They should rework their end-game content and mechanics. Back when lvl 60 was a cap (when it was P2P) there was enough content to go around, but ever since F2P you basically get to lvl cap and do a few dungeon runs to get the firs gear set and then you quit because of 1-2 dungeon entrance a day which is impossible to PUG (without ragequitting). Game's great up to lvl cap as it is. Cheers.
    Not at all. In fact, you might be surprised to know that the likelihood of the total audience for an MMO or those interested in this actually going to play on foreign servers is exceedingly low. Probably not even reaching a single percent. This is due to no localization, the lag of foreign servers, no technical know how (How to make foreign accounts, download or subscribe to VPNs is applicable), etc. Even people who weren't interested would be caught up in various factors, including hype and their friends saying they'll try it. There are also those who would refuse to play any game that isn't translated in their language, in addition to much of the above.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2015
    I am just surprised Columbia pictures has not sued BnS for a blatant ripoff of Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger.

I thought with the also blatant ripoff of Mortal Kombat type pvp it would be a complete fail but to my surprise Mortal Kombat has been a huge seller.

To me BnS just looks like a pile of silly nonsense.

TERA...Their cash shop is huge with wears,i can see why they would keep loot drops low or meaningless.But wait you can pay a nominal sub fee of 15 a month to get THE GAME,no wait Exclusive items !! and still a large cash shop so in essence you NEVER get the whole game even with a sub fee.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Interested to see what happens with B&S. I'm looking at it as a means of holding me over action-combat-wise until Bless comes out. I'd lean on Tera....but the end-game gear treadmill and grind is horrible. The Community is relentless, and unforgiving for anyone that's not really good at everything. And all the new classes (minus Reapers, who have a lore and legitimate reason to be) gender locked female really kills the replay factor (along with the solo grind in dead areas).
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    This Scarlet Blade sequel should prove most entertaining to it's intended audience.
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Loving Star Wars uprising on my IPAD, lots of fun for a FTP IOS game
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Don't know if you are referring to Bless as being action combat? If you are then you might as well know the game is not an action combat mmo.

Yes you can dodge and evade but it still has the tag targeting it had before the combat overhaul. Don't get me wrong it's an exciting system and keeps you engaged but it's not action combat.

Been following Bless since 2013.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Scot said:
    I first quarter of next year is not the winter of this year! :) But if BS takes longer to come out it will be better so who cares?
    A game taking longer to come out does not guarantee it will be better when it comes out lol. Not even in the slightest.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Wizardry said:
    I am just surprised Columbia pictures has not sued BnS for a blatant ripoff of Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger.

I thought with the also blatant ripoff of Mortal Kombat type pvp it would be a complete fail but to my surprise Mortal Kombat has been a huge seller.

To me BnS just looks like a pile of silly nonsense.

TERA...Their cash shop is huge with wears,i can see why they would keep loot drops low or meaningless.But wait you can pay a nominal sub fee of 15 a month to get THE GAME,no wait Exclusive items !! and still a large cash shop so in essence you NEVER get the whole game even with a sub fee.

You cant sue what u dont own. Or do you think they actualy created it ? :P your a funny guy :P I bet you never seen an asian old school kung fu movie before.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Scot said:
    not to be rude but the game has been out for 4 years. THey are not going to change it.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited September 2015
    this game was sooooo groundbreaking, in 2012. Now its fallen to kinda cool.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Jeez my friends have been going on about this game for years will be nice to be able to finally try it out.
  • NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Scot said:
    not to be rude but the game has been out for 4 years. THey are not going to change it.
    Longer to comes out means more beta test, better server stability, better cash shop...etc. Yes, they cant change about core stuff, BUT what they can change is most likely the stuff we going to see in beta test.