Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob-ish and can't find a single person to do dungeons with!!!

IdtaIdta Member UncommonPosts: 24
So I used to play this game when it first came out and there were always a ton of people around to group with/dungeon with...Now I play with my boyfriend, mainly for the awesome stories but when we come upon a 5-man dungeon or a quest that is super hard without a full group, we get stuck...I am wondering if it's just the server I am on or is this a game-wide issue? Why not put a group finder in the game? :/ 
Are there perhaps any guilds on here that we can join who are active and playing together? The world chat is always so silent...Very strange playing an MMO like that.

Thanks!

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    This is The Secret World mmo! - You are not supposed to actually play it, just talk about how good it is.
  • mmorobommorobo Member UncommonPosts: 126
    World chat is not normally used as it is just good for the phase you are on.  They keep the number of players low on each phase to help with the atmosphere of the game.  I have found these to be the most useful  game wide chat channels.

/chat join noobmares
    /chat join Sanctuary
    /chat join event

Explains the Sanctuary help channel
    https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?76927-Need-help-in-game-Presenting-the-Sanctuary

Explains how to put auto loading channels (scripts) in the game
    https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats

There is also a LFG channel.  All dungeons are run frequently just not well advertised with how the game is set up.  Plenty of active Cabals (guilds) to join depending on faction or times you play.

They do have a weak group finder that is why most people don't use it.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited September 2015
    What mmorob said. TSW inherited AoC's chat, with its weaknesses - and a couple of boons, like the custom channel support. As a newbie (and not noob :wink: ) those three mentioned above are very useful.

Sanctuary and Noobmares are dedicated to help players, right from the start of the game.
    Sanctuary is similar to other games' global and help channels rolled up in one, it's full with helpful folks, almost any timezone you can get help for any questions you have, or can seek assistance there. Also used for seeking additional group members for normal content.
    Noobmares is the elitist-free LFG + help channel for the time when you've already finished the game plus the dungeons on Elite difficulty, and want to start the so-called (in other games) "endgame grind". Noobmares folks help starter players with the Nightmare version of dungeons, explaining the mechanics, etc. without concerns of your previous experience or gear or build / deck.

Event is slightly different, but also an important and useful channel: that's used for player coordination during in-game events. From announced golem spotting or rare boss respawns, to dancing at one of the dj-shows ( :wink: ), Event is the channel you need.

There is a group finder in game, which was revamped and extended just a couple weeks ago. It was pretty meh before (and because of that nobody used it, so the circle closed on itself), now it's better and also its use is encouraged now by Funcom through the added daily system. Still, I'd say if you need a group, it's faster through Sanctuary :awesome:

Or even faster (to address your third question), by joining a cabal - the guild version of TSW. There are plenty of cabals in game, some actively recruiting. (actually there's an mmorpg.com cabal as well, but it's pretty dormant sadly :lol: )
    After the new player experience update this year, there was a nice mass-recruiting cabal event (shameless plug, my post about it: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6592187/#Comment_6592187 ), you can ask one of those any time, based on your faction - but there are also multi-faction cabals.
    The middle link in that post (this one: https://youtu.be/Dy2vIppQg7k ) has the persons you can contact if you want to join their cabal.
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Just some mental notes here:

There's no quest that require you to do a dungeon, unless it's a dungeon quest, which itself is the dungeon.

Since #12, there are multiple ways to progress aside from nightmare dungeons, which is actually very friendly to newbie players.

Do join the Sanctuary chat, it's about all the people who play the game.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    This game is top heavy. There is 0 reason to make a new character, and do the lower content. There aren't many new players, that come all the time, so it is what it is. I played it for awhile, but i end up quitting, because all the faces look the same, the animations are clunky, the cloths look horrible like some one went crazy with starch, and my biggest problem with it the crafting is terrible, like most theme park MMOS. Since the combat isn't overly hard, you could get away with boxing your characters, that way you would only need 1 extra person. 

The problems you are talking about, are problems of all theme park content grinders. The only one that is a exception is WOW. 
  • mmorobommorobo Member UncommonPosts: 126
    This game is top heavy. There is 0 reason to make a new character, and do the lower content. There aren't many new players, that come all the time, so it is what it is. I played it for awhile, but i end up quitting, because all the faces look the same, the animations are clunky, the cloths look horrible like some one went crazy with starch, and my biggest problem with it the crafting is terrible, like most theme park MMOS. Since the combat isn't overly hard, you could get away with boxing your characters, that way you would only need 1 extra person. 

The problems you are talking about, are problems of all theme park content grinders. The only one that is a exception is WOW. 
    You sound bitter, and wrong at the same time.  Lets see, how about you don't have a character at all or want to play with someone else through the story?  I have seen plenty of new characters in every zone over the past couple of months.

I get it, you don't like it, so no one else should play it.