Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter - the latest population reducing eruption

2»

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,538
    Torval said:
    I think that is a bit melodramatic and overstated. If the game becomes a ghost town it's because they have made several wacky decisions over the last several months, not just because easy AD farming got nerfed.

They needed to do something about this for a long time now. What exactly do you suggest they should have done to curb massive AD farming through Leadership? Do you have any suggestions that would actually work and still not piss off the same people "rage-quitting"?
    Numbers took a dive at Mod 6 - that was simply terrible, so this is another step down. Whether it's one huge step or a couple of slightly lesser ones - the outcome is the same.

Alternatives to Leadership AD? That is precisely what the player base was asking Cryptic to consider before just doing this removal.
    People have put multiple suggestions forward in that forum thread - there has not been one single response from the development team.

But it is not the players responsibility to produce these alternatives - that is game design, and that is what the development team is for.

As for Melodramatic? Everything I said in my previous post has either been directly witnessed or comes first hand from other guild leaders who I've known for years.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    The last PWI financial statement listed US operations (Cryptic) as the reason for poor performance.  I would guess PWI has been coming down hard on Cryptic and Cryptic is scrambling for ideas to increase revenue.  I would guess they are thinking If you cant make AD's anymore in leadership, maybe you will spend some extra money. 

Is there any reason now to have leadership trained?  Did this change make leadership worthless?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I took a break from the game a couple of months ago as I got tired of some stupid things - bugs that had extraordinary effects in the game going unfixed for months, every patch breaking something in the game, new content being added which was broken while leaving older broken content still unfixed, etc.

I'm not sure I will return now. This change seems completely profits driven. The real source of botting has nothing to do with leadership, it's the bots that plague the game inside -- you can see literally hundreds of thousands of things selling on AH rolling up all day every day, amounting to hundreds of millions a week. Nothing's ever been done about it, despite endless reports. However, the leadership stuff is mostly from genuine players who have paid money into the game, bought extra slots, etc. I'd say that Crypic/PWE is assuming that these players will feel there's no other way now than to buy VIP and buy AD via Zen.

• Drago1982Drago1982 Member CommonPosts: 1

hi, i am new to this gamers site.

i have wondering and been searching for other sites about NWO's moderators abuse of power, saying i was creating flamebaits, which i never did, all i just did to offer suggestions and recently i found some of posts i made went missing.

since Mod 6 released, it was horrible, and game got harder and been getting oneshotted even with current item score 2.3k as playing Gaurdian Fighter, and my other alts became useless and still without boons.

it made me angry and felt helpless and afraid of getting ban for no reason. i have no problem with Star Trek Online, it is still decent and some missions can be hard but doable to get it finished.

now i am wondering again, What about Hasbro/WotC doing, do they know what going on with Cryptic? the way i see, it is ruining reputation and abuse of Liscense contract, many of guildmates already left, not just because of ADs get serious cut, seeing big "roadblock" to game progression and amount of frustrations when it should be fun and stress-free game environment.

it seem devs are focus on something that isnt broken or can be fix later when they should focus on playable issue and difficulties that need to tone down, now that forced many to create leadership crew to get much needed currencies to get upgrades and to buy Greater mark refine stones. many players are tired of seeing same status/item score for weeks with no chance of upgrading unless feel forced to open the wallets.

we are backed into the corner.

And NWO's moderators just delete or move to "black hole" section where it wont be ever answered. then why do we need those guys to clean up and do they want us to talk in baby words? best moderator i trusted the most was Zebular and he often gave me advices, and others just claim as flamebaits, and i ask Zeb to check few times but not too much since they are busy.

the new community moderator leader seem to have no clue and seem to make him/her unpopular.

censorship are getting heavy handed just recently, and i have seen other posts made by other players are worst than mine posts and still allowed and very rough words used.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,766
    edited September 2015
    Glad I left this game when I figured out that everyone had better gear than me because:

a. they were willing to spend months doing a data-entry job with multiple toons with leadership, something I was not willing to do just to compete in an MMO

b. they were using AD generated from one of the many gigantic exploits in the game's history

c. (much rarer) they spent thousands of dollars on the game, also something I wasn't willing to do

I really enjoyed the PVP in the game despite being basically limited to 2 BGs (ridiculous to have that few).  But the combat system was great.

Anyway now that they are taking away option a, which I still can't believe people actually did, that leaves just the exploiters and the whales.  No room at all anymore for working for your gear in game, or even as a data entry job from your phone through leadership.

The game was already struggling pretty bad when I left last August.  I can't imagine it's going to stay alive much longer after this.

Honestly it kind of smells like a last ditch effort for cash.  They're hoping some people are so desperate for AD that they will fork over real cash before they close up the shop.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,936
    Glad I left this game when I figured out that everyone had better gear than me because:

a. they were willing to spend months doing a data-entry job with multiple toons with leadership, something I was not willing to do just to compete in an MMO

b. they were using AD generated from one of the many gigantic exploits in the game's history

c. (much rarer) they spent thousands of dollars on the game, also something I wasn't willing to do

I really enjoyed the PVP in the game despite being basically limited to 2 BGs (ridiculous to have that few).  But the combat system was great.

So true Hamlet, I actually love playing NWO it has such an amazing feel in terms of actual gameplay.

The pvp would be amazing if they made a few more interesting battlegrounds/game types, normalized gear/levels for bgs, and implemented proper controls on botting/leaving games. 

The flow of the pve story is quite entertaining (despite a few grindy areas) and the environments are well done.

But that AD grind/p2w for gear, ouch. Still, I will probably play it again more if it is ever released for ps4.