Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkscape Old School 100% Open World PVP and 100% Free

ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
edited September 2015 in Runescape
Jagex has just released a new version of Runescape known as Darkscape it contains all of the Runescape 3 content that was available shortly before June 2015.
Unlike normal Runescape no membership at all is required and every player has access to all content from the very beginning, this includes all quests, areas, and bosses.

New Info
Apparently the lead developer for Darkscape is the lead dev from Darkfall before he left to go to jagex, thats awesome. I'm going to try this now.
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/clausgrovdal

The Basic Breakdown.
100% Open World PVP nowhere is safe not even towns.
Towns, banks, and some areas will have level 138 Guards who will attack any PKer on sight and as of now are seemingly imortal.
You start from scratch even if you had played Runescape before everyone gets a clean slate.
Weapons and armour above level 75 have a drastically reduced gain over their previous tiers.
Legacy combat basic easy to master Runescape 2 style combat but with the new Runescape 3 interface, no action bars in this version.
Free trade and the Grand Exchange are still present.

Members Benefits
If you are a Runescape member you will get some benefits over free-players.
50% experience bonus.
Double the normal bank space.
One extra item kept on death, unless skulled(Runescape's way of labeling PKers).

Full FAQ
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?398,399,0,65678848

Play the Game, client highly recommended over browser for best performance.
https://darkscape.runescape.com/game

I heard about this and for nostalgia's sake figured I'd give it a go and so far it's pretty fun. The economy is just starting so acquiring items and gear is really difficult and the starting zones are still kill on sight but once you hit around level 25-30 things quickly begin mellowing out and players begin judging risk vs reward.

Friendly tip if you want to be a melee warrior if you do the Waterfall quest it will instantly give you enough experience to jump to level 30.

Post edited by Shauneepeak on

Comments

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I guess this pretty much sums up how many people like OWPVP...GL with this one. WOW look at ALL the posts!!!
  • amikobamikob Member UncommonPosts: 29
    thanks
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    bentrim said:
    I guess this pretty much sums up how many people like OWPVP...GL with this one. WOW look at ALL the posts!!!
    It's a redone Runescape, man.  Now go back to your gear treadmill and beat that boss so you can beat the next boss so you can beat the next boss.  You know, so you can beat the next boss.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Awesome.

Definitely going to give this one a go. Thank you for sharing.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• beej1986beej1986 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I was dreaming of this version of RS 10 years ago, it's about time! 

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Apparently the lead developer for Darkscape is the lead dev from Darkfall before he left to go to jagex, thats awesome. I'm going to try this now.
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Interesting, I did not know that.
  • spazy1989spazy1989 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    @Shauneepeak ;

I did not have any idea of that and i followed darkscape for awhile.
  • jdamusojdamuso Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited December 2015
    Darkscape is pretty epic! If you are looking for OWPVP and massive pvp fights in an extensive risk vs. reward system Darkscape is where its at!! Here is a linkto my youtube channel where my clan put's up vids of the antics in the game: EXPLICIT CONTENT WARNING: Vids may contain swears and excessive trash talk: 

Cheers! Hope to see you all in game soon!
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Do they have WASD movement? I need a game for my chromebook but really like WASD movement.
  • jdamusojdamuso Member CommonPosts: 2
    No, wasd is camera view controls.The game uses ground click "walk here" movement. We all prefer wasd movement, but you quickly get used to the conrols.