Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The name Terminus

I think about a science fiction game when I hear the name of the world, Terminus. I feel the name would suit a planet in WH40k, a Starcraft or Terminator game. :( What do you think? Maybe it's just me who think the name doesn't suit a high fantasy game and maybe needs to be changed. I guess I will get used to it... Wait, I have tried to get used to it for more than a half year or so by now, but have not succeeded. :)

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited September 2015
    Pantheon has sci-fi undertones. After all, the backstory of the game is that rifts appeared pulling peoples, cultures and even their gods from across the universe into one planet: Terminus. For those who watched the Thor movies, it actually sounds quite similar to what was going on there except with the end result being that the residents of those different worlds have been permanently displaced.

Their position is that the game will maintain its high fantasy theme, while doing so with a less traditional (Tolkienesque) origins story. In other words, not all of the races and creatures found on Terminus are indigenous to the world.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Maybe it's just an evolution of Marthasville.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Terminus was a Roman God so it's not "that" sci fi.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Terminus is also the name of a mining robot in Perpetuum
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    I wonder how many of the 50 states in the US have a city named Buffalo?
    -Chuckles
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

DMKano said:

And how many have actual buffaloes living there?
    estimated at 7 .. herds wander tho
    Scorchien said:
    I can think of at least two...

Don't make me use a search engine, dagnabit.
    -Chuckles
     1 city 18 towns according to the census .. you asked for cities
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Terminus was the name of a planet in Asimov's Foundation Trilogy, written in 1953.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

Scorchien said:
    Check mate. Grats to you sir!
    -Chuckles
    Scorchien said:
    Check mate. Grats to you sir!
    i was bored , figured i check :)
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Key West, Florida is a terminus.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • evgen88evgen88 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I say, what's in a name?
    Only your future, earning potential, and appeal . . . that's it.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    edited September 2015
    It just means the end or final point. . like you draw a line with a pencil and lift it up. . creating. . . THE TERMINUS!  *play sci-fi creepy music*

actually when looking into it it seems that Terminus was often used around 3000BC and after to refer to the beginning. . I guess looking backward it would be the end. . .  can you tell I need an MMO to play :) 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Dullahan said:
    Pantheon has sci-fi undertones. After all, the backstory of the game is that rifts appeared pulling peoples, cultures and even their gods from across the universe into one planet: Terminus. For those who watched the Thor movies, it actually sounds quite similar to what was going on there except with the end result being that the residents of those different worlds have been permanently displaced.

Their position is that the game will maintain its high fantasy theme, while doing so with a less traditional (Tolkienesque) origins story. In other words, not all of the races and creatures found on Terminus are indigenous to the world.
    Ok, thanks for your comment Dullahan. I hope it's not to sci-fi like, as I prefer playing fantasy games which have no guns and so. I like how it was in EQ and VSoH. :)