Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get ready to retire your MMO's...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
edited September 2015 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

Hello my lovely community recently I announced that I'm finally done with 3 MMO's I've been rotating through the years and I don't think anything that's released can hold a candle to all of what's coming on the market, anyways...ENJOY!

My 10 MMORPG's on my hype meter are (in no particular order):

Dragon Dogma

Revelations

Black Desert

Bless

Lost Ark (ARPG, but still amazing)

Star Citizen

The Divison

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade

Lineage Eternal (ARPG)

Finally...No Man's Sky

Other good MMO's that will come that I'm not overhyped about:

Blade & Soul

Everquest Next

The Repopulation

Camelot Unchained

Tree of Savior

Albion Online

Peria Chronicles / Chronicles of Elyria

Comments

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    edited September 2015
    The way I see it...I could roll with Guild Wars 2 since it went fully free and see if the expansion is worth it. Then there is Blade & Soul and Albion (which any sandbox fan should not miss) that could keep me busy, but yea...this is surely a sign that better is coming for this genre! I doubt also anyone is paying attention on once the highly hyped Wild Star that's also about to go F2P in a week or so. I'm curious what they will bring with its F2P release.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I'll likely return to GW2 for the expansion, always good fun with friends.  Albion has a lot of potential as a game, not too huge on the no brainer combat though.  Planning to try blade and soul but I've heard its just a pretty  grindfest for materials so not looking forward to it that much.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Not 1 of those are worth a dam as an MMO.  Its sad to see how much you people get Hyped for games.  Has the last 8+ years have not thought you anything?  We dont need more MMOs we need less and we need publishers to stop making MMOs the market cannot handle the number that is currently out right now.  What makes you think any of these will be any better than the countless we have on the market right now?  
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    I am looking forward to getting lost in No Man's Sky.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I just want Lineage Eternal.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    edited September 2015
    double post, ignore
    Post edited by KenFisher on

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Revelations will make me quit any MMO when it comes west.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Ill stay on ArcheAge for a unforeseeable time.
    Not superhappy there, but still, its a living for years and has more to do then i have time to play.
    To me its currently the best MMORPG game on the whole market.
    Nontheles, its archaic.
    Not only the companies involved are greedy, but RNGesus is still a scratch as well.

Nobody is telling the bright side of the game, that makes me wonder anyhow ...
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited September 2015
    More Asian MMOs....just what the genre needs. Hyped for these but not Camelot Unchained.....smh.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Viper482 said:
    More Asian MMOs....just what the genre needs. Hyped for these but not Camelot Unchained.....smh.
    Well, the only ones putting in money for AAA MMOs are from Asia by now. There are of course a few really interested western games as well but they have a far less impressing budget and can't give us the same graphics as a AAA game.

Gameplay is another matter, hopefully will games like Shards, CU, Pantheon and CF bring back interests in the west.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Out of those you mentioned three of them I am looking forward to.
    • Lineage Eternal (ARPG)
    • Tree of Savior
    • Bless
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Looking forward to several of those games. Nice list, Kop

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I'll add one:  Moonlight Blade Online

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Bless looks like something I'd enjoy.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    No Man's Sky sounds amazing. We'll see.

Joined - July 2004

• DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Viper482 said:

No offense but we're pretty tapped on medieval/D&D stuff.  Granted, I would still play them if any of them offered the customization I crave.  I am a RPG'er. 

Frankly, the Asian stuff is new and different.  Blade and Soul is beautiful and allows for some frequent customization.  Not thrilled with the keymapping.  I pray I can alter it.  Yes, I too am worried about it being a grindfest. 

Funny thing is I haven't heard or seen some of the games listed initially.  I assume because they're in Asia.  If so, that's part of the problem.  Jesus!  We're globalized in every other way, but MMOs!  They might be better.

I agree with the person who stated we have so many.  That's true.  It's like an argument I had with people concerning another piece of tech,  just because you have many more 'options' does not make them actually worthy of being labeled options.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I am interested in Dragon Dogma. I loved the single player game.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Division and No Man's sky are the only two worth my time.
    The rest is typical of what i expect to see in Asian games,over the top spam combat.Bows shooting like machine guns,players spinning around like motors,jumping 20 feet in the air to jump on a dragon,a big no thanks.

No man's is actually not quite up to my standards of quality but i do like it's concept's that i could look past the Indie look.

The Division is not a rpg just a fps type game but i have watched an entire hour interview on the game and imo looks good enough.

Star Citizen is the big one on the chopping block,we do not yet know what to expect,my gut says way over hyped but i am willing to wait and see what they have to offer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    edited September 2015
    Dragons Dogma online is one Im really looking forward to. Really loved the 1st game. For anyone who didnt get a chance to play it on consoles, or is interested in it anyway, Dragons Dogma is also coming to PCs in January. Check it out: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

Definitely worth the $30 assuming they dont horribly screw up the port. New enhanced graphics on it look awesome.

Also worth noting: Dragons Dogma Online has already hit over 1 million downloads as of 10 days after it's release, and that was a Japan only release. Will be interesting to see how much that number grows over the coming weeks as well as when it releases to other regions.

Considering it is cross-platform (PS3, PS4, and PC all on a shared server much like FFXIV) it should certainly do well.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Group play is what i care about the most from an MMORPG. I give Dragons Dogma credit for actually showing some as opposed to the rest which show nothing but flashy single player action that i've seen a thousand times before. The Division did show multiplayer, but again, it's not an MMORPG.

The main problem with every single Eastern MMO on that list, and some that were left off the list, is the lack of meaningful PVE content. They just don't invest in creating any. I understand why but it limits them greatly for my tastes.
    DztBlk said:
    Viper482 said:

No offense but we're pretty tapped on medieval/D&D stuff.  Granted, I would still play them if any of them offered the customization I crave.  I am a RPG'er. 

Frankly, the Asian stuff is new and different.  Blade and Soul is beautiful and allows for some frequent customization.  Not thrilled with the keymapping.  I pray I can alter it.  Yes, I too am worried about it being a grindfest. 

Funny thing is I haven't heard or seen some of the games listed initially.  I assume because they're in Asia.  If so, that's part of the problem.  Jesus!  We're globalized in every other way, but MMOs!  They might be better.

I agree with the person who stated we have so many.  That's true.  It's like an argument I had with people concerning another piece of tech,  just because you have many more 'options' does not make them actually worthy of being labeled options.
    Who is "we"? I can tolerate the Asian style, what I cannot tolerate is they typically make shit MMO's and they all look/feel the same.
    DztBlk said:
    Viper482 said:

I don't know how new and different they really are, played some Lineage almost 15 years ago and most of the Asian games seems to me like a mix between it and Wow. They might be different for you though but there are a lot of not that different games around like AION and Tera.

Black gold have some Steampunk gothic elements that are a bit different from what we seen so far and Star citizen is rather different from Eve (even though I kinda think it is the odd one on the list, it is a crowdfunded western game).

But I agree with you, the percentage of high fantasy games is way too large. Fantasy is popular but if you look on movies, TV shows or books you see that there are plenty of other genres that would be as fun while offering  different experience.

Heck, why not a Sherlock Holmes MMO where players play private detectives, policemen and master criminals in the late 19th century? Solving or getting away with crimes, that would be different and fun.

Or a 3 musketeer MMO with duels, war, espionage and romance? Or for that matter a CSI MMO?

The possibilities are endless and new settings would bring in new players that like multiplayer games but aren't keen on stereotypical fantasy.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Viper482 said:
    DztBlk said:
    Viper482 said:

Who is "we"? I can tolerate the Asian style, what I cannot tolerate is they typically make shit MMO's and they all look/feel the same.
     Are you then implying, that Camelot Unchained is an Asian style mmo? What exactly is the purpose of your statement?  You seem to offer both sarcasm, and disappointment with no resolving statement. Going by what you say here, if what we don't need is more Asian mmos, why are you shaking your head at the NA title? 
    You obviously misunderstood. The op is hyped for all these same old Asian MMO's and less hyped for Camelot Unchained, which I think will be better than all of the Asian mmos combined....hence smh.
    Viper482 said:
    You obviously misunderstood. The op is hyped for all these same old Asian MMO's and less hyped for Camelot Unchained, which I think will be better than all of the Asian mmos combined....hence smh.
    CU certainly have a lot of potential even though it wont look as good as those games.But "better" is just a matter of opinion. Personally do I think the Lineage one could be pretty fun. My money at the moment is on Shards. CU and Pantheon are both on the list as well but I think Garriot is on to something here. CU and Pantheon are both more old school but Shards is trying a different direction with a lot of cool possibilities.