Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone who doesnt have any real plans to play going back

rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
just to get the titles and flying mount?

I am thinking about it, but not sure if I remember how to get the launcher completely off my computer.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2015
    if i dont have any plans to go back, why would i want titles and mounts just to leave and never come back?...

Im not playing again unless they do something about the swtor-like business model. Im not subbing, and im not paying in the cash shop just to stay restricted. Thats the only reason i have no plans to play again.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Labor points, check.

Cash shop selling labor potions, check.

RNG crafting, check.

Fuck you Trion, check.
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Not going back. The "Evolution" made sure of that. Not going for another land rush. My land was my progress.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    When they have a sub no cash shop server I'll play...

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    When my sub allows me unrestricted gameplay I might be back.  I used to login, harvest my farm, make a traderun and then be completely out of labor.  I couldn't mine, couldn't fish, all I could do for the rest of the day is PvP or grind mobs but I could not open the loot as that required labor.  Paying a sub fee every month to be that restricted is silly to me. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    if i dont have any plans to go back, why would i want titles and mounts just to leave and never come back?...

Im not playing again unless they do something about the swtor-like business model. Im not subbing, and im not paying in the cash shop just to stay restricted. Thats the only reason i have no plans to play again.
    So if they do that and you do go back and dont have the title or mounts then what? They will obviously sell that mount in the store eventually and probably skins for it too. So if you go back, dont have it and they sell it will you complain about it?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I thought it was a lousy game, that's why I'm not going back.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Talonsin said:
    When my sub allows me unrestricted gameplay I might be back.  I used to login, harvest my farm, make a traderun and then be completely out of labor.  I couldn't mine, couldn't fish, all I could do for the rest of the day is PvP or grind mobs but I could not open the loot as that required labor.  Paying a sub fee every month to be that restricted is silly to me. 
    100 percent why I left.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Burntvet said:
    Labor points, check.

RNG crafting, check.

Fuck you Trion, check.
    Didn't XL game develop and put those systems in place, not Trion? I was under the impression that Trion was just the publisher and didn't have much say over those things?
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Burntvet said:
    Labor points, check.

RNG crafting, check.

Fuck you Trion, check.
    Didn't XL game develop and put those systems in place, not Trion? I was under the impression that Trion was just the publisher and didn't have much say over those things?

IMO, "fuck you Trion" is a stand-alone point itself. 
    The crafting and labor systems don't have to be related to any other points to be valid as well. 
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    edited September 2015
    Burntvet said:
    Labor points, check.

RNG crafting, check.

Fuck you Trion, check.
    Drug dealers are not making drugs, so they are just drug sellers just earning honest money right?
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    They had there chance, and no  will not be going back.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Talonsin said:
    This ^^^ plus the land hacks, dupes, cheats, having to buy labor pots even while being a subscriber, the constant rising cost to open labor purses. Then with this new expansion the land grab race beings all over again. Trion can keep their mount and title. The game is more hostel to the players than they are to each other.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Not going back. The "Evolution" made sure of that. Not going for another land rush. My land was my progress.
    It does feel shitty to be homeless and landless. I went back and stood on the land where my house and farm used to be, but now I'm on a different server with nothing. It doesn't feel good at all.

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited September 2015
    Edit: Never mind
  • cburbacburba Member UncommonPosts: 17
    The game is not only about Land but Land is a large part of the game. It is so hard to get land because the goes for Thousands of gold for anything decent and takes for ever to make thousands of gold with the land. Unless you sell it. So going back with out land just means I will get aggravated as hell because I cant farm and make any gold. But no worries there are ppl with 20+ plots of land. They are just keeping the Poor man Poor and the Richman Rich.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    No way in hell....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Yup went back in yesterday. Land all taken up everywhere. I only saw 3 or 4 plots for sale and one was on a hill half usable scarecrow for 1375. Two side by side scarecrows 2K each.

Problem is also deflation (of in game items) and mega inflation on store items. Prices for stuff is barely above vendor price. Used to be able to process stuff and make some decent profits. But no one runs trade packs anymore other than larder ones so market is gone. I rode around west map twice and didnt see a single trade cart anywhere. Used to be they were like ants. Guess people figured out the labor to cash ratio wasnt worth it.

I had 4 properties loaded with stuff now all gone, the deeds, storage chests, around 50 labor pots, probably 10 APEX, decorations etc. Put in a ticket but am not expecting anything.

But basically like we all said 11 months ago, when the store bought items are the foundation of the economy its a bad design. A semi fix would be to double or triple trade pack turn in GOLD prices in the safe area. Because it is still all about labor and labor pots were ridiculously expensive when they were 20G per. Now theyre 56+ which is just stupid.

Still not worth playing but if it ever is I will have all the free crap they give out to try and entice people back.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited September 2015
    Burntvet said:
    Labor points, check.

Cash shop selling labor potions, check.

RNG crafting, check.

Fuck you Trion, check.
    Don't think Labor that bad, and is not like arch age never had any labor that trion asked to put it in to screw people with). My problem in any game RNG is to real!. It's been getting worst and silly each year seeing mmo's trying to find ways to keep people long.
    DMKano said:
    If you have no plans to play... why go back?

Heh
    In case it ever gets fixed.

It isnt a horrible game, it has a decent foundation it just needs tweaks to it. Problem is the no lifers and guys who either have way too much time, way too many accounts, or too much money set the rules with games like this. And neither Trion nor XL will change those rules because it makes them more money than making the game good for normal people.

The thing s the game now is almost pointless. Land ownership was the big draw, and while stuff was being duped and hacked and very low price it was almost worth it to have land and make trades. Then as labor became too expensive it made trade not worth it. Then tax certs (also duped and hacked in the beginning) werent outrageous so owning land wasnt horribly expensive either. But now theyre crazy price too. So land ownership and trade isnt a viable source of income. But neither is NOT owning land. So its a mess.

The whole shift has just gotten worse. In game stuff was almost viable enough to make it worth playing. Cash shop stuff was semi reasonable. But now all the cash shop stuff has inflated and the in game stuff has deflated.

Then of course the RNG and the upgrading, that is also ridiculously expensive.

I havent played since Dec so I dont know the numbers like I used to but basically even with increased labor regen a labor pot of over 25G per makes 90% of the stuff you do in the game a losing proposition. The other 10% takes more effort than what little profit you could eek out was worth. Now with 56G + labor pots there isnt anything in the game that is profitable that uses labor. And labor is required for everything.

Its a wallet economy even worse than what it was. Problem is there is still enough ill gotten in game gold in the game to keep the fake economy going. The only people who have left are the legit guys while the cheater and hacker types are still there getting gold out of thin air despite what claims are made to them being stopped.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I will not play a game based on what I wish it was. 

Joined - July 2004

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Let me say OP, labor is not ridiculously expensive anymore if you know how to use it. Also, Regrading is cheaper now, though it's still expensive, but it's gotten a lot better with 2.0. In 2.0 Archeum is much more abundant. Items drop a LOT more often.

Regrading (RNG) is probably the toughest aspect of AA there is. However it does have a bonus to it. It serves as a way to make money for people who farm coinpurses, print paper, etc. It also sinks gold OUT of the economy to keep gold valuable. 50-60 gold goes *poof* on each regrade attempt. That gold goes to no other player and leaves the economy preventing inflation.  If I P2W, I can buy Apex, but the person who gives me gold, earned that gold. You aren't harming the economy by buying Apex.

Would I like less cash shop, of course. Would I want a sub? no. Would I want B2P expansion content, maybe... but in a sandbox that would mean P2W because some people have more options than I do to make wages if I don't "upgrade".

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited September 2015
    There are few things need to change if they want more player come back

Remove labor system (for everyone) replace it with gold consume system

Create instance land system for housing and farming (for patron) no more open world land owning (which pretty pointless)

If those 2 change happen , i may plan to go back .
    The labor AFK stuff still left bad taste in my mind , and the land system make me feel pointless to sub .

only land system that i see interest is the castle land owning , because you can PVP for the right of owning land . The original land system just suck and only good for cheater to ruin the game .
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Hell no. Darkscape just stole the best parts of it.

• BajsN3rdBajsN3rd Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Burntvet said:
    Labor points, check.

RNG crafting, check.

Fuck you Trion, check.
    True true.
    The labor was a good plan to make the game last longer for you to get into end-game content shit.
    So was the RNG crafting system, a good way to make sure that end-game gear and such would take along time.

But thats when labor pots ruined it, and sure it could be without labor points but then they would have changed other systems since, well lets face it. Everybody would run around in end-game gear.

The turnoff was labor pots and their ridicolous amount of hackers, p2w shop and so on.
    The system could have ben good, if they would have executed it correctly but if we should blame trion or xl games is just a matter of time with Trions upcoming games.

But I have to agree for now, Trion aint yackshit for now.