Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion / wtf

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I agree, but you about a year behind the pack.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Anyone with a real soul has already quit long long time ago and some in a galaxy far far away B)

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
     Archage is truely damaging their image.
    Trion didn't need ArchAge to damage their image. They barely left out the smallest chance to ruin their reputation way before AA.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Kyleran said:
    I agree, but you about a year behind the pack.
    LMAO,i pretty much figured Trion out a month after Rift released.

Now in saying that,i never got the feeling that Trion is an in your face developer,they tend to let the behind the scenes stuff take care of business.I just feel they try to cut corners and nickle and dime everything they do and it adds up game after game.You might say that is good business,every nickel matters but not to me the gamer.There is a fine line to keeping a gamer happy with thousands of other choices out there.

Most people imo are just not good at reading between the lines.I know that EVERY single decision has a reason behind it,nothing happens out of some fluke.So when you see que ue's or botched launches,they happen for a reason.When i see very lazy designs in systems,that is for a reason,like i said it all adds up in giving your business a grade rating.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Can someone help elaborate for me, the reason why Trion is so hated on this forum now? Not too long ago it was a company revered as the second coming for MMO's. I thought I kept fairly up to date on the comings and goings of MMO's but I guess not..

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited September 2015
    [mod edit]
    Hey, if EA can deal first then why not other company do the same. As long people throw there money at a company they see it still working not much will change. It's not even trion, we even got other mmo pushing even as far they can to get your money, there no mmo out there I can think of not trying to do a shady thing.
    Post edited by Amana on
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited September 2015
    Heafstagg said:
    Can someone help elaborate for me, the reason why Trion is so hated on this forum now? Not too long ago it was a company revered as the second coming for MMO's. I thought I kept fairly up to date on the comings and goings of MMO's but I guess not..
    Yeah it's kinda like how Pantheon was universally panned at first but somewhere along the way its become a beacon of hope for MMO's. Strange. Have we been a victim of a timeslip or alternate universe joining? For instance I remember the Berenstein Bears as a kid and as a Dad later in life, but it's apparently spelled Berenstain Bears. Weird innit?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited September 2015
    Heafstagg said:
    As of the ArcheAge debacle that started last year and continues in full hilarity on the forums right now with the 2.0 release/rollback.

Debacle v2.0 perhaps?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Archage has made me uninstall all of trions games from my machne, I dont have time to be that frustrated//  They arent going to make it this way and Archage is truely damaging their image.
    Last month's Defiance changes kinda made me turn away from TRIOn for good. Even as veteran (former B2P) player I'm now being crippled in my gameplay like normal F2P players. That while I even bought the season pass :unamused: 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Reizla said:
    Archage has made me uninstall all of trions games from my machne, I dont have time to be that frustrated//  They arent going to make it this way and Archage is truely damaging their image.
    Last month's Defiance changes kinda made me turn away from TRIOn for good. Even as veteran (former B2P) player I'm now being crippled in my gameplay like normal F2P players. That while I even bought the season pass :unamused: 
    What happened to Defiance?

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    edited September 2015
    Well Trion went from being a company that cared about their customers, with phone support that could instantly fix any problem with maybe a 15 minute turn around, that actually sincerely felt bad when they did something wrong. A company that created its own games and took pride in them with a team able to literally bring down a server and fix a reported bug instantly. From being a company involved in and listening to the community, to basically one of the worst companies in the industry only focused on money money money under the leadership of Hartsman Trion the best in the industry has become SOE 2.0 the worst in the industry. Hell Trion now outsouces their CS to the same company doing CS for Perfect World. That says it all.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Trion, the good idea company that has no idea what the consumers want.  Seriously, Rift could have been amazing, but no someone decided to go the WoW route (not a clone, but too close).  Defiance.  Yeah what needs to be said there.  A niche game based of a niche TV show.  No one thought this would go anywhere, even in Alpha when people wrote mutli page posts about how to fix it...and nothing was done.  And then Archeage...I get that Trion did not produce AA, but at the same time if they were not going to be able to have input into what would work in NA markets, why touch the game?

I, like many others in this thread, am done with Trion.  I hope they don't get their hands on another IP, I seriously hope the studio just shuts down.  Trion is a good lesson on how to not succeed in business or the gaming industry.  Sorry guys, but you need to shut it down.  I understand how cruel this sounds, but business is business.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    d_20 said:
    Reizla said:
    What happened to Defiance?
    Arktech being limited for non-patrion players (even the former B2P ones!). And for the former B2P players it's bugged like hell that NO arkrech is added at all.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    DMKano said:

Hatefull said:
      Sorry guys, but you need to shut it down.  I understand how cruel this sounds, but business is business.
    LOL

Username checks out :)

P.S Trion just had the most profitable year in history - heh
    As long as they didn't make a cent off me, is all that matters.

Terrible company.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    laserit said:
    DMKano said:

Hatefull said:
      Sorry guys, but you need to shut it down.  I understand how cruel this sounds, but business is business.
    LOL

Terrible company.
    May I ask why you think they are a terrible company? Genuinely curious. 
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    @OP so you dont liek one of the games they publish so you remove al ltheir games even if you enjoyed playing them ?

err ok then,
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Thanks for uninstalling all other games from Trion, i was away from Rift for quite some time due to my guild leader leaving for WoW : WoD and after i returned 3 months ago i was like : "wow, where are all the trolls and drama queens?" Now i know where you guys are, goodbye and hope you never come back to us.   

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I was waiting for these posts after the server merge was finished. Figured there would be something.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    edited September 2015
    The shilling is stronk in this thread.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    DMKano said:

Hatefull said:
    LOL

You do know your unconditional defense of Trion on this forum has reached legendary joke status, right?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    edited September 2015
    Viper482 said:
    DMKano said:

Hatefull said:
    LOL

You do know your unconditional defense of Trion on this forum has reached legendary joke status, right?
    I think the hate-train is just as much of a joke :P 
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:

psiic said:
    Well Trion went from being a company that cared about their customers, with phone support that could instantly fix any problem with maybe a 15 minute turn around, that actually sincerely felt bad when they did something wrong. A company that created its own games and took pride in them with a team able to literally bring down a server and fix a reported bug instantly. From being a company involved in and listening to the community, to basically one of the worst companies in the industry only focused on money money money under the leadership of Hartsman Trion the best in the industry has become SOE 2.0 the worst in the industry. Hell Trion now outsouces their CS to the same company doing CS for Perfect World. That says it all.

Do you know how many game companies use the same company to outsource their CS?

Daybreak
    Blizzard
    Square Enix
    EA
    Trion
    NcSoft

yeah.....

pretty much all of them - because they do a great job so every game company goes to them

Why do you stick up for Trion and EVERY ONE OF THEIR GAMES so much ?

And every now and then maybe you can say something agreeable with the community instead of giving a lecture on how big business works !

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    What does AA have to do with ... say trove or rift?  Play the games you like and don't play those that you don't.

I self identify as a monkey.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    laserit said:
    DMKano said:

Hatefull said:
    LOL

Terrible company.
    May I ask why you think they are a terrible company? Genuinely curious. 

After I made a $150 purchase on AA for the early access. I noticed on a credit card statement that unbenounced to me, I had also purchased a 6 month subsription to Rift.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee