Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it posable to find a really good FC?

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
I'm looking for a Free company that actually helps each other, and works together. One that has a leader that keeps it well organized. One that even sets up random FC events where the members can come together as a whole to do random stuff like hang out at the FC house, or chill together in the gold saucer. Perhaps even beach parties..... or w/e. Also one that has a steady player base without a huge turnover.

So far i've been in a few FC's but they are pretty much just social chat channels. Even the leaders rarely ever talk and they don't seem to organize anything at all. They just invite random peaple then a month later go through and just delete several that havn't loged on in like over a month just randomly sometimes.

The FC's i've been in have all had a huge turnover rate. Like the one i'm in now when heavensward first came out there were like 40+ peaple loged in daily, but for awhile now we average around 10 peaple on. A few of those chat ocationally, but no one ever does anything together. We all just gather/craft by ourselfs or just use DF.

I'm on the Ultros server. Is it possible to find a FC that really comes together in this game?

Comments

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Dzone said:
    I'm looking for a Free company that actually helps each other, and works together. One that has a leader that keeps it well organized. One that even sets up random FC events where the members can come together as a whole to do random stuff like hang out at the FC house, or chill together in the gold saucer. Perhaps even beach parties..... or w/e. Also one that has a steady player base without a huge turnover.

So far i've been in a few FC's but they are pretty much just social chat channels. Even the leaders rarely ever talk and they don't seem to organize anything at all. They just invite random peaple then a month later go through and just delete several that havn't loged on in like over a month just randomly sometimes.

The FC's i've been in have all had a huge turnover rate. Like the one i'm in now when heavensward first came out there were like 40+ peaple loged in daily, but for awhile now we average around 10 peaple on. A few of those chat ocationally, but no one ever does anything together. We all just gather/craft by ourselfs or just use DF.

I'm on the Ultros server. Is it possible to find a FC that really comes together in this game?

What you are seeking does exist but is very hard to find, but yes many players tend to socialize more than actually do things in this game oddly enough. A lot of players have moved towards voip as ways communicate as sadly many players don't like to type all that much as of late (but is still common enough if you find the right FC). What you are looking for is a casual/event RP linkshell so trying to specify that those are thing things you are looking for does narrow things down a bit, though the helping each other part is going to be a toughie. A lot of guilds/fc's e.t.c. are usually based around a small group of RL friends that help eachother personally and just invite more randoms to increase their currency gain for company actions (not all of them but quite a few). 

The whole turnover and activity consistency is going to be a problem in any vertical progression MMO because they usually can only sustain a persons interest for 1-2 month intervals. As a result  people come and go all the time and someone new/returning takes their place. It comes down to how actively a leader keeps recruiting, and that can even become a job in itself. 

I am not on Ultros myself but maybe someone can happen by that has a FC in mind. If you don't get much input here I suggest the OF using the Ultros sever shard forums (I think they have server specific forums but I forget). Good luck on your search for it is a dying breed of players, especially in current gen MMO's as most play for their own goals and personal vendetta's. 

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Dzone,

Yes there are FCs out there like that.  The problem is 95% of the FCs out there are exactly that a Chat channel.  The problem is they are VERY hard to find and you have to spend time getting to know the people before making a commitment to them.  Just about every FC I seen spams chat channels endlessly and takes anyone interested.  They do not screen their recruits to see if they fit their FC.

With that said I do run a FC on Siren.  We are an ET Zone FC though we do have people in CT and PT.  We just setup our events on ET.  Now we have 2 days a week where we do events (Mostly dungeons or Fates to help us level so we can get into end game and raid)  Sunday at 8pm ET and Wednesday at 9pm ET are our set days and we for the most part do something, and not every gets in like 2 weeks ago on of our friends was just not in Heavensward yet so was not in our fate group.  Too night we are going to try to run 2 dungeons one for Stone who is leveling a ninja and just came back to the game, and another will be a level 50 to 57 level dungeon just for exp for 2 friends who are leveling in that range.  

Thing is we dont always get our events off; like the last 2 weeks was basically just about all of us had some summer ending stuff going on so we couldnt pull it together.  So we didnt go.  Now we are pulling ourselves together and getting back to normal.

Now if you are interested a little about us.  We are on Siren, we are also a tight nit group who has at sometime ran together as a group.  Just about all of us are on first name bases though we still use some nick names.  We also all have been together 5+ years and are just slowly getting new recruits in that fit our FC.  We already said no to people because we want like minded people so we dont have drama issues like every other FC out there that randomly recruits.  Will you get runs nightly here NO will you get a few times a week.  Yep.  2 to 3 for sure.  We use Skype on the side to communicate with each other though honestly I need to get a few of the others to get Skype so they can get in the group convo.  

If interested let me know.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm sure the OP has tried 14's forums before coming here.