Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage by the numbers

jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
Ok, so we have a love hate thing going on with this game.  It's true.  From day to day you are going to hear people saying good stuff and you are going to hear people saying bad stuff and a lot of the time those people are going to be the same person, and some of the time those people may even be me LOL.

And that's how you know it's a good game.

But just for laughs.  Here is an interesting thing that the people over at Trion created to kind of give you a sense of what has gone on inside the game of Archeage over the last year.  It's a look inside of an MMORPG that you rarely get to see and I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/infographic/?affiliateId=null

Comments

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Its publish by mmorpg on news section.
    But seams the extremes are allreay upset because mmorpg have to much news around about ArcheAge.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    edited September 2015
    AA is an okay game ruined by an extremely poor financial model.  I am laughing at some of the points they're highlighting.

• Terrible pirate class mechanics as indicated by the 0.2% usage.  Pirates were screwed constantly.
    • Lopsided skill tree usage indicates class imbalance that's still not fixed.  
    • 33 billion labor spent purchased. (fixed)
    Although certain elements of PvP were enjoyable the basic economics mechanics are beyond broken. Botting was rampant when I played and I firmly believe that any game that suffers from massive bot farming is fundamentally flawed both in design and code.  

I'm surprised Trion actually released this...wait, no I'm not.  They're a terrible company with horrid leadership.

In the end, just because a game creates a lopsided, polarized pool of critics and fans does not make it a good game as you suggest.

P.S.

A well designed and managed game would never need to go through the ridiculous server merger/changes that just happened. 

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    LOL  funny.  Sorry for the dupe though.

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    unclemo said:
    AA is an okay game ruined by an extremely poor financial model.  I am laughing at some of the points they're highlighting.

• Terrible pirate class mechanics as indicated by the 0.2% usage.  Pirates were screwed constantly.
    Although certain elements of PvP were enjoyable the basic economics mechanics are beyond broken. Botting was rampant when I played and I firmly believe that any game that suffers from massive bot farming is fundamentally flawed both in design and code.  

I'm surprised Trion actually released this...wait, no I'm not.  They're a terrible company with horrid leadership.

In the end, just because a game creates a lopsided, polarized pool of critics and fans does not make it a good game as you suggest.

P.S.

A well designed and managed game would never need to go through the ridiculous server merger/changes that just happened. 

Dude I can't even argue with you on any point other than it being a good game because deep down inside, if you play it to be a good game, it really IS a good game.  In my opinion though, and like you said, it's business model allows people to not play it as a good game if they don't want to though, and that's what make it a bad game to some.  For me though, really, there really is no alternative right now.  It's the best persistent world simulation MMORPG on the market for me (unless you or somoene else can suggest another).

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    jesad said:
    unclemo said:

P.S.

Dude I can't even argue with you on any point other than it being a good game because deep down inside, if you play it to be a good game, it really IS a good game.  In my opinion though, and like you said, it's business model allows people to not play it as a good game if they don't want to though, and that's what make it a bad game to some.  For me though, really, there really is no alternative right now.  It's the best persistent world simulation MMORPG on the market for me (unless you or somoene else can suggest another).
    I here you there.  We'll have to wait for Camelot Unchained or Crowfall. They are the next hope for open world PvPers.  
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    unclemo said:

P.S.

The negative points about ArcheAge are not exclusive by ArcheAge, however the positive points are exclusive. ArcheAge is unique in alot of good things.
    So i learn to deal with the negative ones and continue to play because of the positive ones.

And im sure that everyone do that in one way or other on their current mmorpg of choice. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Archeage has negatives for sure, so do all games. However AA has uniqueness, features, and polish that other games don't have so that's what brought me back. I appreciate Trion, but they have mismanaged this game a bit...
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • spafonspafon Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited September 2015
    ARCHAGE PROBLEMS WORSE THAN EVER

With the first land grab fiasco in AA the hackers ruled the  day and grabbed  most of the land.  At least they had intentions of selling it.

With the second fiasco thing were the same but at least those who owned land already got to keep it.

With the latest fiasco players who had been playing from the start planned ahead and intended to build large houses with lots of gazebo farms.  When the server went live the first few dozen who got in got most of the best land for trade.  

These players, although they grabbed on the average 8 24 x 24 plots, have no intention of selling their land.  So now the situations is by far worse than ever.  

The economy on Nazar is beginning to crash with trade packs selling for less than 80% because there are so many landless people that all they can  do is trade runs to make money.  

All the resources are foraged clean because the majority of people now have to gather resources rather than grow them.

A lot of people have quit and as more players get discouraged trying to get land the more will leave.  If Trion doesn't do something this game is doomed.
    Post edited by spafon on
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    In terms of AA's current status (whatever that is, since I haven't really played it since launch), people need to blame XL as much as Trion. I wont say Trion is great since they have so many bugs in Rift that it isnt' funny, but the RU and Korean or chinese whatever versions of AA weren't so hot either. I'm not defending the game, just share your hatred equally.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i think AA is a good game... lots of content.. pvp is fast and enjoyable.. lots of classes and builds. good housing..

But..

Like others already said here.. AA suffered alot from the launch.. duping/hacks and so forth.. most of the servers the economy is broken as fck..

I am trying AA again.. havent played since launch.. the new EU server, because hopefully their economy will be not fcked
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited September 2015
    Just hate for me, no love. My email name is Americans are greedy, I think I will have to change it to Trion is greedy. Btw, they put no time frame on those numbers, which makes them utterly useless, much like the company it self. 
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited September 2015
    One of the good part of arche age that is more open world then some other games in the market:) Just saying, but I don't like other part of the game but some people do.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Their problem is greed plain and simple.  For example if a player owns 20 plots of land he will be required to fork over 200$ a month.  Where if this land was divided amongst 10 players it would only create 50$ revenue instead of 200$.  These numbers aren't exact its just an example of why the game is the way it is.  They see the blanket profit but fail to see the impact it has on the game.  Which is why they are able to afford to keep the game running from the small population of cash cows.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    filmoret said:
    Their problem is greed plain and simple.  For example if a player owns 20 plots of land he will be required to fork over 200$ a month.  Where if this land was divided amongst 10 players it would only create 50$ revenue instead of 200$.  These numbers aren't exact its just an example of why the game is the way it is.  They see the blanket profit but fail to see the impact it has on the game.  Which is why they are able to afford to keep the game running from the small population of cash cows.
    It would be interesting to know what proportion of that Trion actually gets, or whether all the cash shop profits goes to XLGames who own it.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    ArcheAge was designed/developed/maintained by XLGames in Korea.  All Trion did was publish the game in the west.  Rift is a Trion game.  Defiance is a Trion game.  Trove is a Trion game.  You can rake them through the coals for those games, but when it comes to AA, the BULK of the blame falls squarely on the developer.  You seem to think they have autonomous control over the game... they don't.  People seem to forget this simple fact.  Does that excuse everything?  No.  But honestly people, you put the blame on the wrong heads.  You didn't complain when they announced they were going to publish the game here... oh no, you complained when it arrived.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    filmoret said:
    Say What.....

The people spending this type of dough are ruining gaming whether they want to believe it or not.

crazy crazy crazy

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    It just seems like the game was designed to keep the population low.  There is a limited number of land plots, people are allowed to grab as many as they can and new housing and farms are only getting bigger which take up more land plots.  While the land thing is fun, in hindsight it was a terrible mechanic that limits your game population.  What is the benefit to subbing if you cant find land to farm?  I see posts everyday since the merge of people leaving because all the land was gone in 15 minutes and no one is selling any. 

You cant compete if you have to pay 5 or 6 gold for a trade pack that will make you 9 gold.  Meanwhile the land owners are paying less than one gold to make those packs and earning a solid 8 gold per pack.  With a farm cart turning in 5 packs the non-land owner earns a profit of 15 gold while the land owner earns a 40 gold profit per run and that is just a small land run.  It gets worse when you do sea runs.

I dont understand why they did not limit people to two plots or implement a system where your plot auto-snaps to the next plot so it limits wasted space allowing for more plots. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Talonsin said:
    It just seems like the game was designed to keep the population low.  There is a limited number of land plots, people are allowed to grab as many as they can and new housing and farms are only getting bigger which take up more land plots.  While the land thing is fun, in hindsight it was a terrible mechanic that limits your game population.  What is the benefit to subbing if you cant find land to farm?  I see posts everyday since the merge of people leaving because all the land was gone in 15 minutes and no one is selling any. 

You cant compete if you have to pay 5 or 6 gold for a trade pack that will make you 9 gold.  Meanwhile the land owners are paying less than one gold to make those packs and earning a solid 8 gold per pack.  With a farm cart turning in 5 packs the non-land owner earns a profit of 15 gold while the land owner earns a 40 gold profit per run and that is just a small land run.  It gets worse when you do sea runs.

I dont understand why they did not limit people to two plots or implement a system where your plot auto-snaps to the next plot so it limits wasted space allowing for more plots. 

I wrote this suggestion on their forums the first week of launch.  I described a little earlier that they make more money from 1 person owning 20 lots of land then 10 people owning 2.  It saves on cost because they don't require servers to handle 10 people they only require to handle 1.  It hurts because its possible that those 10 players would buy other things,  however that 1 person is forced to spend x$.  The land thing was a good idea because all land owners must pay sub fee's and they must log in to maintain their land or lose it.  Yes it limits populations but then they can just open more land or new servers to solve those problems.  Sad only a few small changes would make this game awesome.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • spafonspafon Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I have a question.  What is Archeage?  It is not a game since it is pay to win.  It's not a persistent world MMO if they wipe 6 servers and disfranchise everyone.  So what is it? 
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Ignoring the fact AA is pay to win and has badly implemented content e.g ghost ships for one. What really lets it down is the pvp yay a mage can 2 shot a tank and if its a whale mage eg spending 5 to 10 k a week it will 1 shot you and tank like a beast, archers are currently every ones bitch and 1 on 1 fight last 10 to 15  seconds or less if they are not geared.