Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you satisfied with your current MMO?

124»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    edited September 2015
    Deasant said:
    Loktofeit said:
    Rictis said:
    Loktofeit said:
    Currently playing a lot of Pirate 101. Community demographics seem to change wildly based on time of day and even day of week, but people tend to be very social n this game. Been avoiding wikis and guides except for one particular "find 6 around the zone" quest. I like turn-based combat, and this is one of the few that offers it in an MMO. 

EDIT: This forum's feature of putting a person's vote on their post is pretty cool. 
    I really liked Pirate 101, however the questing system just stops at a certain point and restricts you behind a pay wall. Is it still like this? 
    The sell the chapters individually.
    So in other words, to directly answer the question, no. Nothing has changed
    If we're going to call a paid expansion a pay wall, then sure. I agree, and I'm glad you went there, sir. :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Nope, the devs made it their prerogative lie and avoid direct answers as much as possible. Nothing turns me off more than those in a position of power making every effort to be misleading, with no other purpose than to be misleading.
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    I LOVE my current MMO!!

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Yes between FFXI and FFXIV I m happy as all can be.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    And you are in the minority, more people play mmorpg than ever before, new titles come out offering high quality products.  Eso, gw2, wildstar, ff14, archage, TSW to name a few.  If a group of people both hate everything new and want change then they are screwed- their tastes have changed and the world has moved on, but they can't face that idea and keep clinging on to the doom and gloom blaming the world while praying for change (that they hate)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    YashaX said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    As limited as the poll is, I'm surprised it's skewed positive.  My starting hypothesis was that it was gonna skew negative based on the overall negative threads.  Kinda refreshing that it isn't all gloom and doom. 
    There seems to be a group of people on these forums that basically hate mmos, but they try to convince themselves and anyone who will listen that the problem is with the young people, all games now are crap, etc, etc.

From what I have seen they tend to keep posting similar threads about how bad everything is and basically troll their own threads to keep them alive, which is probably why it looks like everything is doom and gloom. 

You rarely see long threads about how great something is because those tend to die out quickly. Most threads don't get much airtime without  a voice of dissent or an old man with a chip on his shoulder about the younger generation, reminiscing about the days of yore and/or ranting excitedly about a game years from release that promises to bring back the days of his youth.
    Clueless.
    Nope he is spot on and I see you just outed yourself as one of those he is talking about. 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I just had 21 collaboratively-designed missions approved for production, representing a five-year creative span for me, and suddenly I find myself in the honeymoon phase again.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    ArcheAge is my current home, 1 year pass and i dont expect leaving soon.

1 year playing every day and still love it, that must mean something nowdays  :)
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Jabas said:
    ArcheAge is my current home, 1 year pass and i dont expect leaving soon.

1 year playing every day and still love it, that must mean something nowdays  :)
    This is awesome regardless of the negativity .
    I have yet to play the game along with ESO, not because of feedback on this site. A lot of games to fit in and balance out my life.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!