Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game over Delete this pls

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited October 2015 in Skyforge
game over
Post edited by Pongping on

Comments

• NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I don't know what this is (Have not played yet) and there seems to be little content here to actually discuss.
    I assume you reached a high rating and queues are taking a long time. This happen is game with ladder systems, if you are in the top 1-5% of players and you need to find people to play against there either needs to be a massive community like Hearthstone or you get long waits. It wouldn't really be fair to other players trying to ladder if their team of 15k players had to fight a team full of 30k players. It would feel like the match making system was keep the high players high rated by matching them with weak teams and a player that would be a higher rated player not has to play against a strong team with their weak team. 

Are there no unranked modes you can play?
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    edited September 2015
    whatever i reached i am in a simple instance queue since 30 mins and i just quit the game.

Skyforge´s devs will sincerly adress that all but i am a bit burnedout anyway.

i didnt exepect to reach a Brickwall instead of fame and glory....

it would be possible for me as 30.6k player to do run good instances with 10k or 20k players too. no need to lock me out...

i am now looking for something else....
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Narwrynn said:
    I don't know what this is (Have not played yet) and there seems to be little content here to actually discuss.
    I assume you reached a high rating and queues are taking a long time. This happen is game with ladder systems, if you are in the top 1-5% of players and you need to find people to play against there either needs to be a massive community like Hearthstone or you get long waits. It wouldn't really be fair to other players trying to ladder if their team of 15k players had to fight a team full of 30k players. It would feel like the match making system was keep the high players high rated by matching them with weak teams and a player that would be a higher rated player not has to play against a strong team with their weak team. 

Are there no unranked modes you can play?
    From what I'm reading, the issue here isn't that he's locked out of PvP due to no one else to queue with.  He's locked out of EVERYTHING.

EVERYTHING in sky forge is "ranked" by prestige, including all the PvE.  The poster appears to have hit a point where his prestige is so high that there isn't even anyone he can queue up with for any PvE activities (and I'm pretty sure at his level, ALL PvE activities are 100% unsoloable).

(and again, even the PvE is ranked so there is no way whatsoever for him to party up with people with lower prestige)

Assuming I'm reading that right.  I don't know that much about Skyforge but from what I've heard I was under the assumption it was like that.

It seems at this point the only thing you can do is to wait for more people to reach 30k prestige so you can party with them.  And it's questionable if that'll ever happen since most people seem to get burned out of Skyforge long before that point.
  • SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    It's their way of saying, "Go outside and play" :)

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Your playing NA? No problems at EU, pvp ques are now around 1-5 min. As for PvE I almost never que with pugs (get into a good and friendly pantheon) or spamm into the anamolie zone once you reach about 3,6k prestige!

GL

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited September 2015
    Yep it is a very terrible feature.

For those not familiar with what is being said here:

The game doesn't have "levels" but instead you have Prestige. Prestige goes up with unlocking new nodes in the atlas, new gear and other stuff. Before reaching 30k prestige and/or unlocking God Mode, you are queued with people from prestige 100 to 29,999 players depending on the map (Maps have a minimum prestige requirement to access), the lower prestige players get boosted stats to compensate.  

However, once you reach that number (30k), the queue system will only match you with people at 30k prestige and higher. And that is very very bad.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I stopped after about 2 weeks and realized I'd have to play another 2 weeks just to unlock the class I wanted to play (Warlock) just so that I could start again.  Yes, play for a month in order to start playing the game, sounds legit.

Kinda sucks cause the game itself is pretty fun, but all the imaginary walls really hinder it.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    u didnt know ? , after 30k u are in new queue (the devs talke about it looong time ago, it was over the forums when ppl cried about queues and prestige scaling) , after 30k u enter a new queue for ppl 30k+ , to avoid having to group with low prestige players that would only slow down 30k+ players down...

there is so few ppl at 30k+ that yeah u are going to solo for a while until more ppl reach the 30k+
  • CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Skuall said:
    u didnt know ? , after 30k u are in new queue (the devs talke about it looong time ago, it was over the forums when ppl cried about queues and prestige scaling) , after 30k u enter a new queue for ppl 30k+ , to avoid having to group with low prestige players that would only slow down 30k+ players down...

there is so few ppl at 30k+ that yeah u are going to solo for a while until more ppl reach the 30k+
    I have been hoping that more people would get past 30k prestige...  In fact I've been waiting for weeks.  And its not really working!  

Now, Yes, I am in a fairly large Pantheon.  But not many of them can play at the odd hours that are most convenient for Me.  And while many of the instances can be soloed.  I would prefer to play with others.

So Yeah their system is NOT really functioning quite as well as they planned.

Will it improve over time...?  At this point I'm not sure.
    edited September 2015
    i am not playing anymore. made it to 30800 Prestige but the waiting time for groups is just stupid.

no way i am willing to waste my lifetime by waiting for some 30k+ players to sign on or join a guild

In addition i just saw that Pommels and Rings are again on PvP maps both, which is pissing me off even more.....

Skyforge could be a great game, currently its more a brickwall and dissapointment than any other game i have played so far.

If we could sign up for Multiple Instances at once afte 30k ....

If they would return Warhammer online i would play it right away. 

p.s SOLO playing in Skyforge is one of the most boring things ever. Its not fun, its hard work even at the lowest difficulty... No way to relax a bit in this game after work.
  • SkillgannonSkillgannon Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Sorry but there are a lot of players already at 30k prestige on EU and NA.
    The problem is the most players dont do PUG in general and are playing with Pantheon(guild) members or premade groups for the PVE group instances.
    So join a Pantheon =)
    who cares anymore ? :D 

i dont....
    edited September 2015
    the chat window alone is pure horror. cant scroll up or down nor repeat what you wrote. STRG-V works though.

now i need a need game quick to forget this Skyforge nonsense asap.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya, that would tick me off. Not sure why that was put in there. Maybe to keep people using God mode not helping lower level runs as it could be OP. IMO this should be removed as the population of 30K+ is very small. 
  • SkillgannonSkillgannon Member UncommonPosts: 16
    The population of 30k plus is not very small =)

its very small for casual players that have no will or interest to joina guild.

its honestly extremly small... even smaller than small. its so small that you cant find a PUG in hours queueing.

so dont try to tell us something else.

The skyforge US/EU forum is filled with 30k+ complaints. The mods cant lock them fast enough.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    You worked hard to become the top of the heap, the cream of the crop and found there was no one else up there. Congratulations.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    um the top of the heap would be the players in the 60-90k bracket or the couple that are actually 90k +. 30-59.999k just means you started week 1 and capped every week, which isnt hard.
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Join a Pantheon, we group with members of all Prestige all the time with no issues. We rarely do PUGs, saves a lot on drama and idiots.
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    This is a definite problem right now and I cannot recommend enough that players avoid inflating their prestige to this point, even if it means holding onto sparks.  My friends complained of waiting for hours before giving up.  I imagine this problem will resolve itself, but some dev intervention before then would be nice.
  • shadownight311shadownight311 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Pongping said:
    I have seen much in games but thats just to much.

Since i am past 30k Prestige i am suddenly locked out from standard PUG´s and now have to wait for 30k+ players to sign for the instances which takes forever in europe. 

i cant play with 10k, 15 or 20k Prestige players anymore....

They let me play to achieve something i can be proud about and now i am doomed to SOLO my MAPS most of the time...

These game developers cant be serious.....
    Hi, people over 30k with god form don't stay at the capital really much anymore. I find its better to sit at the anomaly zone and spam region chat there. Always seems to be groups forming for something there and I've had no dramas so far getting groups so far and you'll easy also get pug isabella raids forming all the time.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I think it will be much faster after next week, with the catch up system. But even now itsbfast on EU. Getting instant ques for swamps and other dungeons

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    The next patch should help and address that issue
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    The population of 30k plus is not very small =)

Compared to the rest of the games population it is. 
    i am still playing a few times per week but not ver dedicated anymore.

37000 prestige meanwhile.

Soloing most of the time because there arent many people to group with

my Knight is my main. because he has high defense and medium damage i can do harder content with him.

i am also close to unlock alchemist, monk and gunner.

Sadly the class sparks are not nearly enough to enjoy the new classes....

tomorrow is big patch day. we will see