Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Chris Roberts encourages people to support the Everspace Kickstarter project

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14931-Note-From-The-Chairman-EVERSPACE

Everspace has already reached its Kickstarter goal ... lets help them reach some more stretch goals !

"Greetings Citizens,

It should come as no surprise that I love a good interstellar dogfight… and EVERSPACE from ROCKFISH games looks to deliver exactly that! The team behind Galaxy on Fire (a genuinely good space combat game for iOS) is back to craft a beautiful space shooter for the PC… and what they’ve released so far has been very impressive! Looking at their Kickstarter presentation, the environmental effects are top-notch (check out the asteroid slicing) and the game itself looks like a whole lot of fun. The project has just hit its Kickstarter goal with nine days remaining and is getting ready to move on to stretch goals… so I thought it would be good to share with the Star Citizen community that might not have seen it yet.

Now, I know what you’re thinking: aren’t these guys our competition? Like fighter pilots that argue over who’s flying the hottest aircraft, the conversation between space gamers has always inevitably turned to who supports the best game, with plenty of ribbing (good natured and otherwise) in every direction. Whether it was Wing Commander versus X-Wing in the 1990s or Star Citizen compared to Elite: Dangerous today, we all like a good argument! But just like pilots, at the end of the day we aren’t truly competitors… we’re all part of a band of brothers and the success of any great project buoys us all. As I’ve said since the beginning: Star Citizen isn’t truly a success unless it helps bring back high quality PC games in general… and space games in particular!

So, with that in mind I encourage you to check out EVERSPACE. The team at ROCKFISH is doing some outstanding work, and I think anyone who backed Star Citizen would be interested in learning more! The game is more action-focused than ours, and should allow for some great, fast-paced gameplay that’ll stand alongside Star Citizen, No Man’s Sky, Elite and all the others. You can view their crowdfunding trailer below, check out their Kickstarter page here, or learn more about the project at everspace-game.com.

— Chris Roberts"

Have fun

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockfishgames/everspace/posts/1341025

"What an amazing rally within the last 48 hrs!

Shortly after we hit our funding goal an armada of Star Citizens came over to back EVERSPACE after Chris Roberts did a fantastic shout out on his forum – big thanks to all of you!"

First stretch goal EASILY reached.

Second stretch goal to fall easily before the end of the campaign  (only 14k more).

:-D

Have fun

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Everspace looks really cool as well.  I can see why Chris would recommend it.

Now if I just had the extra cash to spare... 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Chris if folks ask ya will you give them there money back ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Elsabolts said:
    Chris if folks ask ya will you give them there money back ?
    He already has. 1200ish refunds out of 760.031 pledges.

Have fun

Hum don't seem to be able to find it on there web site. Oh well im sure no one has ever scamed anyone over a Game.

MAGA
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Looks great!

Backed.
    Elsabolts said:

Hum don't seem to be able to find it on there web site. Oh well im sure no one has ever scamed anyone over a Game.

"A spokesperson for Cloud Imperium said that a total of 1,269 refunds have so far been given out, with 93 refunds since the beginning of July. " Thats 1269 out of 760.031 or  0,17 %.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/20/9180067/star-citizen-backers-claiming-refunds-are-getting-their-money-back

Polygon has another long article, well written  (although the title is clearly clickbait)

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/8/31/9211969/what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-star-citizen

From my personal experience ... people I know asked for a refund because they were in financial trouble and needed the money. CIG gave him his money back after an e-mail which explained the reason why he asked for a refund. I guess a significant portion of those 1269 refunds is made up of such cases.

Have fun

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    From my personal experience ... people I know asked for a refund because they were in financial trouble and needed the money. CIG gave him his money back after an e-mail which explained the reason why he asked for a refund. I guess a significant portion of those 1269 refunds is made up of such cases. 

Have fun

That's one reason banks are making deals with businesses now to not allow charge backs. It's not the products themselves that are bad nor any other valid reason for charge backs...it's the people themselves that are the problem.
    Hum ok, did not know polygon was part of SC or CIG I guess you learn something new everyday.
                                            MAGA
    No worries the lawyers will get it all sorted out that im sure of.
                                            MAGA
    edited September 2015

That's one reason banks are making deals with businesses now to not allow charge backs. It's not the products themselves that are bad nor any other valid reason for charge backs...it's the people themselves that are the problem.
    When you are being laid off unexpectedly in 2015 (like in this case, together with his whole departement) you try to save money for real emergencies and try to recover money from "nice-to-have" projects like crowdfunding projects. I am glad they DID give him a charge-back. He did NOT spend more than he could afford based on his situation 2 years ago in 2013 when he pledged. Sometimes life is a bitch and somewhere some high level manager of a transnational ogling his X-mas bonus and stock options decided that the company has to kick out 6% of their workforce (irrespective of how much they worked, how talented they are or how much profit  they generated for the company ... "concentrating on the core competence areas" was the reason, if I recall correctly).

Have fun  
    edited September 2015
    Erillion said:

When you are being laid off unexpectedly in 2015 (like in this case, together with his whole departement) you try to save money for real emergencies and try to recover money from "nice-to-have" projects like crowdfunding projects. I am glad they DID give him a charge-back. He did NOT spend more than he could afford based on his situation 2 years ago in 2013 when he pledged. Sometimes life is a bitch and somewhere some high level manager of a transnational ogling his X-mas bonus and stock options decided that the company has to kick out 6% of their workforce (irrespective of how much they worked, how talented they are or how much profit  they generated for the company ... "concentrating on the core competence areas" was the reason, if I recall correctly).

Have fun  

If he would have done all that in a chargeback status and the bank ever found that out (with their fraud investigators)...he'd be spending quite a few years in jail.

If he would have done all that in a chargeback status and the bank ever found that out (with their fraud investigators)...he'd be spending quite a few years in jail.
    Seems we mean different things when we talk about chargeback status.

In English there seems to be a legal status/procedure called "chargeback" as i just found out on Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback
    The equivalent word in German ("Rückbuchung") seems to have a somewhat different, more general meaning. According to LEO they seem to use the english word "Chargeback" even in German (instead of the more general "Rückbuchung") for the specific "chargeback status" you mentioned.

I just meant that he tries to get all the money back that he CAN get back  (e.g. asking friends to give him back money he lent them over the years, asking ongoing projects he supported on Kickstarter to maybe give him the money back (some do), cancelling ongoing subscriptions early and getting a partial refund etc.).

He is NOT trying to get back money for items he has bought and already received. There is no bank involved that "forcibly initiates refunds to settle a debt".

Have fun

Seems like some facts and concrete numbers confuse people .... maybe because it makes it harder for  them to believe in their conspiracy theories.

Have fun
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Can't tell it's a good or bad thing. A lot of successful kickstarterted games recommend others to help. I hopped into SC after I bought SotA because of a recommendation. Pillars of Eternity and Torment, Tides of Numia also have close ties (not sure if they cross recommend each other, but they Obsidian gives credits and thanks toward inXile).
    Oh I understand Erillion. :) Thanks for clarifying lol.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    cool , this game has third person view , for sure I ll buy this game  when they done it 
  • jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Interesting. From supposedly 750k-950k backers that CIG/Roberts claim to have, less than 7k pledged for Everspace after he suggested.
    In my opinion that implies that most of people do not trust on Roberts anymore, as before. In the past, we have always around 30k people blindly following and backing whatever project that he suggested. I guess that Star Citizen project made a lot of his original fans losing trust on him.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    jcrg99 said:
    Interesting. From supposedly 750k-950k backers that CIG/Roberts claim to have, less than 7k pledged for Everspace after he suggested.
    In my opinion that implies that most of people do not trust on Roberts anymore, as before. In the past, we have always around 30k people blindly following and backing whatever project that he suggested. I guess that Star Citizen project made a lot of his original fans losing trust on him.
    Do you ever have anything to say that doesn't include bashing Chris Roberts? What type of things do you like? What's your favorite Mmorpg? Are you having a good day?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Kickstarter: Caveat Emptor!
    Everspace finished Kickstarter with 420.252 EUR (225.000 € was the target) and 10700+ supporters.
    Which means it added roughly 200 k€ and approx. 7000 supporters since CIG gave the shoutout.
    Like CIG they will continue crowdfunding on their own website

http://everspace-game.com/

Have fun

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    its singel player... i really don't play sologames, unless its nintendo.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    laserit said:
    jcrg99 said:
    Do you ever have anything to say that doesn't include bashing Chris Roberts? What type of things do you like? What's your favorite Mmorpg? Are you having a good day?
    Dude. Its obvious his favorite game is Bashing Chris Roberts Online. A rather popular game these days it seems.
    Was just trying to see if there was any humanity in there. 

Guess jcrg99 is just another one, of the Walking Dead rofl

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    jcrg99 said:
    Or it could be that, oh I dunno, maybe some people are not interested in Everspace? 

But that would be an outrageous assumption to make, wouldn't it? 

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"