Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A game for my child

OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
Ok, so i have 2 daughters that game, my youngest is a WoW player (loves it) and me myself play conquer online (best pvp game imo)

My other daughter loves WoW, BUT she doesnt like the violence. She loves the pets and mounts and graphics. Is there any WoW like game that doesnt involve violence? Like able to obtain, pets,mounts, character creation (multiple choices, and able to change outfits) She loves exploring but in WoW she gets killed by mobs after leaving the city. Mini games inside the game would be a plus (Shes a fan of darkmoon carnival)

Star Stable is the only 1 I found, but that wasnt the game for her. It has to be a mmo and like alot of little girls, it needs to be pretty and colourful.

Comments

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Wizard 101 is pretty colourful with lots of Pets and Cute things haha

not sure if she has tried that

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I have played Wizard101 for about 5 years with my daughter. In fact, we just logged out. @Grimula is right: It's got great spell effects, gardening, pets and pet breeding, mounts, housing and much, much more. It's a blast. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Hey man here is a nice game for your children:) It has a real nice message and it's fun for a day or two.

http://www.crazygames.com/game/vegan-vampire
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wizard 101 is the best choice
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Wizard 101 is really good game for children, but only for a child who likes combat.

You might also take a look at Amazing World, though it has combat too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293500

• OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Wizard 101 seems to have gotten the attention of my WoW playing child, but im about to download Amazing World, my daughter thinks its super cute from watching trailers.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Wizard 101
    Pirate 101 (lots of pets and companions)
    Trove (easily change class)
    Eden Eternal (cute graphics,  rarely ever die)
    Maple Story

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited September 2015
    Couldnt remeber the name of this one  earlier, but did some digging , but i remember my daughter loving it when she was little  ..

http://www.neopets.com/

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2015
    I knew many would say w101 but it is not the game for her in the way you describe what you are looking for.

The problem is that pretty much every game has gear locked to levels aside from cash shop buying.

I tried hard to think of a game that is a mmorpg and offers a WOW atmosphere but no violence.Imo nothing exists.

IMo the ONLY way around this is if you the parent or other adult plays alongside her,that way you could take her out and just explore and let her enjoy everything about the game aside from killing stuff.However over time an adult may influence her ability to cope with minions in the world and better understand how to fight them back or avoid them.My point is she will get older and change her ideas of the game,she just needs parental guidance for the time being.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    edited September 2015
    Ok, so i have 2 daughters that game, my youngest is a WoW player (loves it) and me myself play conquer online (best pvp game imo)

My other daughter loves WoW, BUT she doesnt like the violence. She loves the pets and mounts and graphics. Is there any WoW like game that doesnt involve violence? Like able to obtain, pets,mounts, character creation (multiple choices, and able to change outfits) She loves exploring but in WoW she gets killed by mobs after leaving the city. Mini games inside the game would be a plus (Shes a fan of darkmoon carnival)

Star Stable is the only 1 I found, but that wasnt the game for her. It has to be a mmo and like alot of little girls, it needs to be pretty and colourful.
    Have you considered guild wars 2? To be honest they may not like other mmorpgs like wizards 101, you should get them to try it anyways guild wars 2 seems to fit what they like and the game is very pretty.

There is how to train your dragon which is not bad me and my son played it a few times.

Oh no violence hehe I missed that check out maple story 2 it does not seem very violent and it is very unique, I hear people really enjoy it shockingly, also how to train your dragon is not really about fighting actually from what I played all we did was race, go through rings and stuff like that I do not remember any combat in that game.
  • Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    my nieces liked Webkinz a few years ago

http://www.webkinz.com/