Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever been fired for playing video games at work?

TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
I hear players mention often that they are playing while at work.....I'm curious if anyone has ever been fired for playing video games while at work.

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    nope. was told to not to play solataire, was doing during break. company monitors which processes are running. now just use my cell phone and kindle. They cant block me using my stuff on my time.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    My boss won't fire me.  He doesn't pay me and he knows he won't find anyone else who works this cheap.

;) 

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    I've never heard of a company actively monitoring your processes like that. Be a LOT easier to just remove the games from the company image....

I don't play on my work computers, I do watch netflix though :pleased: 
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    I wish I had the opportunity to, I'm generally too busy. I have a mate who basically monitors IT systems at a bank and is effectively only required to do anything when something goes wrong... he plays games/ watches movies/ reads novels.   
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I've never heard of a company actively monitoring your processes like that. Be a LOT easier to just remove the games from the company image....

I don't play on my work computers, I do watch netflix though :pleased: 
    My employer monitors everything you do, heck, many of us tape over our laptop cameras because we know they sometimes activate them remotely.  I only access things from my phone and tablet now, too much trouble to look at anything else.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    No but I got a first and final warning and have to go see a counselor.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    My company doesn't care what you do on your work laptop, they basically allow you to treat it as your own computer. You are only liable to get in trouble if you get a virus, because whatever program it came from is going to get picked clean. 

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• kaarlefengkaarlefeng Member CommonPosts: 1
    I played One Piece Online 2 when I was at work. My boss saw it all. Last, I was fired by my boss! I'm very tired!
  • yogalinyogalin Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Nope. But playing video games while at work will be punished. Mostly $50 per time.