Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Populated

LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
I don't often look for games on here, but I have another MMO itch to scratch. My problem is, since I don't stay 100% up to date, by the time I feel a game is worth trying out, no one plays it any longer or... every out levels the area I start in and the 5,000 people playing are light-years ahead already.

So I'm looking for a game that has a rather... open feel to it. One where the world is and remains populated no matter how new or old the character. A game that has no level restrictions on areas of quests. I'm looking, basically, for a game that has the same general mechanisms that Uncharted Waters Online has/had that mix people of all skill levels up in one big open world in various areas.

Some bonuses would be a classless skill-based system, non-linear story/plot/quest line and most importantly, the ability for a "new" player to still catch up and be on a level playing field with everyone else - where I'm not always the lowest on the totem pole, but somewhere in the middle.

Comments

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Hate to say it, but honestly the only game I can think of that hits all those markers at least some what is EVE. And well... steep learning curve space sims tend to not be everyone's cup of tea.

There's plenty of people playing EVE at all stages of the game, and despite what some whiners might say you can ALWAYS be useful, no matter what price range/skill range of ship you fly.

The ship combat is at least some what comparable to UWO.

But honestly, you might just be shit out of luck.

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Lerxst said:
    I don't often look for games on here, but I have another MMO itch to scratch. My problem is, since I don't stay 100% up to date, by the time I feel a game is worth trying out, no one plays it any longer or... every out levels the area I start in and the 5,000 people playing are light-years ahead already.

So I'm looking for a game that has a rather... open feel to it. One where the world is and remains populated no matter how new or old the character. A game that has no level restrictions on areas of quests. I'm looking, basically, for a game that has the same general mechanisms that Uncharted Waters Online has/had that mix people of all skill levels up in one big open world in various areas.

Some bonuses would be a classless skill-based system, non-linear story/plot/quest line and most importantly, the ability for a "new" player to still catch up and be on a level playing field with everyone else - where I'm not always the lowest on the totem pole, but somewhere in the middle.

Darkfall Unholy Wars has everything you asked. NA server is quite full and devs are parching each week
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    edited September 2015
    Defiance springs to mind. It Has the following
    • TPS combat including levelling of different weapon types 
    • Driving mechanics with time trials etc
    • No traditional levels, but rather an ego system (which unlocks additional skills)  
    • A story quest with fully animated cutscenes. 
    • Challenges, time trials, pvp, group cotnent, dynamic events, world bosses. 
    • A completely open world (PVE). 
    In terms of cons, the length of the game/ main questline is a little on the short side, grouping in the open world is automatic and requires little interaction and the game gets samey after a while (but then don't all games). The endgame is also your standard rinse and repeat of dungeons/ raids.    

It is F2P, but you need to buy DLC content.