Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats with the hating??

2»

Comments

• Smooth317Smooth317 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Jargonecius

Originally posted by JigsawJesus
    This game has huge beautiful worlds, a nice pvp(1.), it rewards rather than punish(2.),
    its pretty balanced in endgame when compared with other games(3.),
    its got a good mix for casual and hardcore players(4.)
    and its sickly intuitive.(5.)

1. PvP is... lack luster, it's something they implemented after the game was released and it's obvious it's not the main focus of the game, thus it suffers drastically from neglect.

2. LOL, Rewards? Do you mean the PvP rewards? The ones that require you to PvP 40+ Hours a week to maintain?

3. Uh, Warlocks anyone? *Death Coil, single target castable fear while you're death coil feared, shadowbolt to death without you even having the opprotunity to do anything.* Not to mention Shamans in WSG. (They're pretty much fine everywhere else, though I will admit they are quite annoying.)

4. Haha, Good mix between casual and hardcore? Are you even level 60 yet? Because once you hit level 60 any notions of a casual friendly game wither and die, even notions of a game that don't require raiding to do anything die.

5. Intuitive... What about it is intuitive? It looks to me like a clone of Everquest but based in the Warcraft universe which would make sense since Jeff Kaplan (Tigole) is the head developer. (I think that's what his role was...)

Lots of us who dislike raiding are fed up, we'll be the first to leave.

The raiders who only raid for items for PvP will follow as the easy targets they enjoyed will be gone, and they'll be back to square one, fighting as if they had no epics at all.

You'll only be left with the hardcore PvErs who enjoy raiding, and I'd assume that's somewhere under the 20% percentile of the population. Don't think that'll be enough to maintain 100+ servers, merges will happen perhaps they'll lose even more as they make changes to try and bring their old customers back. Perhaps WoW is just Asheron's Call 3, destined to flop just as hard as 2.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.  The game is relatively fun to level up in the first time, maybe even a second time.  However, once you cap out at level 60, there's absolutely no reason to continue playing the game unless you like to raid.  Raiding means spending 4-5 hours with 40 people, most of whom you probably don't like.  You probably don't like those people because they're either egomaniacs or idiots.  One idiot losing focus can cause the entire 40 person raid group to fail, so the egomaniacs have them beat in that regard.

The only competition in this game is who can finish PvE raid content first, then who can finish it the most often.  All of these have the same goal in mind, which is gear.  Gear is entirely too important in determining the outcome of PvP, making skill, tactics and teamwork less important.   What is the point of spending all of your time working toward better gear?   So that you can use that better gear to get even better gear.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Lol Paravion. Unlike you, I provide proof for said 'moronic' statements. All you can muster is the typical blathering and sling insults.

However, I'll respond generaly to you with a 'CMN'. ^_^

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• draketalondraketalon Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Blue3000

Jigsaw Jesus wrote: Everyone hates WoW lately.
    Wrong!!  I hated WoW from way back when and not lately.  Many people been hated WoW for the longest as its an over-hyped old game.  Its just that more of them are posting it lately.
    I know, they'll say it has had a large population.  But thats only because its been around a long time since before it came on as a mmorpg.  And it plays in many countries around the world so natch it'll have a large population.
    People can't get in because greed has pulled in people without a place to put them in.  They've opened the game in many places and now have no place to put them so they can't log in.
    Vanguard Saga of Heroes will overtake WoW in no time when it comes out and it won't even be that difficult to do it. 
    WoW is the best of the worse of its kind.

time for you to lay off the crack - 5.5 million paying haters huh? you must have gotten kicked from your guild because your so friendly (not) or you went 0 for 50 in duels and quit - not sure which....i am an officer of a great guild and im over 20 and i love the game as many many people do.....sorry ass troll IMO..
  • paravionparavion Member Posts: 422
    ppl play wow because hey, remember...it's blizzard right? yeah, we'll forgive your 10 min lag before i can move my characters around again and those AH and mailbox lag is just beautiful.
  • coldworriorcoldworrior Member Posts: 3
    To me i think that WoW is alot more stupid than EverQuest 2 becuse everything about WOW stinks its graphics role playing and sound are all bad compared to EQ2 so i think it is worth play EQ2 instead of wow in my opinison.
  • IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by coldworrior
    To me i think that WoW is alot more stupid than EverQuest 2 becuse everything about WOW stinks its graphics role playing and sound are all bad compared to EQ2 so i think it is worth play EQ2 instead of wow in my opinison.

EQ2's not a bad game, but I'm a little dismayed at the instanced zones. I can understand having instances in cities to cut down on lag and for dungeons/raids. However, I can't imagine PvP'ing and all of a sudden lossing your target due to a server boundary.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

I think alot of us hate WOW and Blizzard because it didnt offer what we want. Im my case it was more meaningfull PVP and not this Instance PVP in a bottle crap... I played in beta and a few months in before the Honor system,BG's, and the Grief system and was really spoiled to the PVPing outdoors that Warcraft offered.. While it was not teh RvR system I was hoping for it still was very entertaing even though it was meaningless.. With the introduction of BG's and the grief system my dream game became a freaking nightmare as I had to wait hours upon hours due to bugs, or people for the opposing team not wanting to enter into the freaking PVP in a bottle instance...Combine this withthe multitude of gamebreaking bugs and servere nerfs and death for the most part of outdoor PVP my days of WOW came to a crashing halt..Add to all this the constant promises or lies that I call them of bringing back things like outdoor PVP (Cay said they were planning on brining some type of outdoor PVP events and this was in freaking Oct of 05), the steath or open faced slap class nerfs) and queues and it was enough for me. I have been there with other MMORPG's and things dont get better most of the time and if they they do it will be a while before it happens.

But I still must say that this was the most fun and complete MMORPG I have ever played. No other game had me thinking about playing it as much as WOW did. But in the end just like with every MMORPG I have plaed and enjoyed for any period of time. The Devs fiddle with it to much and end up doing more harm then good, and thats were the hate comes in. Isnt it so very ironic that the very ones that made the game will ultimately in the end be the ones that destroy it.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• croyalcroyal Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by Jargonecius

1. PvP is... lack luster, it's something they implemented after the game was released and it's obvious it's not the main focus of the game, thus it suffers drastically from neglect.

2. LOL, Rewards? Do you mean the PvP rewards? The ones that require you to PvP 40+ Hours a week to maintain?

ok my friend you oviously have NO IDEA what you are talking about. how do i know? you gave yourself when you said pvp rewards had to be maintained which is completly false. ever heard the saying "once a grandmarshal always a grandmarshal"? it basicly means that once you get up to GM status or any status for that matter you can use what you have gotten from that rank.

so please get your facts straight before you flame a game you dont know anything about image

im not over powered! look it took me 10 minutes to kill that guy

• CrazyMonkCrazyMonk Member Posts: 143

There just jealous becasue WoW is the very best mmo on the planet :P ::::02:: Im sick of all the damn flamers around here..::::27::::::26::

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    I hate the lag and the very long Queues. I may have to sell my toons.
  • CrazyMonkCrazyMonk Member Posts: 143

Wait WOWLAGS What do you have? Its prolly your comp./connection/or server :) I never get lag only in IF :P hehe Thats when im rading it :P

• bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293

people has to hate everything if they dont have anything to do

• jackilojohnjackilojohn Member Posts: 144

Actually, WOW's servers lag like a bastard.....lol I have seen people warping all over the place.

• slapme7timesslapme7times Member Posts: 436

gotta say thats a lie.

i played on kelthuzad and it runs better than any other mmo i've ever tried.

it's a full server, and part of the first batch of servers released ie crappiest least prepared supposedly.

even on my shit ass dial up connection i cant even recognize the lag compared to other games.

there is no jumping or flying around whatsoever.

i dont even play the game any more, but this is just bullshit lying.

the fact that it had such a rough start, the fact that people kept playing after what happened should be a prime example of just how good the game is.

and i hated every game blizzard had made before it, even starcraft.

--people who believe in abstinence are unsurprisingly also some of the ugliest most sexually undesired people in the world.--

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

There were some really good points on the thread

I can think of a few specifics what gets folks frustrated

someone mentioned ao, in ao even with lag there if you enter a pvp zone you are told in bold lettering warning pvp zone

Say someone is new to the game doesn't read the boards goes exploring then they find out after incap of course ....

Another aspect is finishing a quest dungeon to get a level specific spell for a class. You try several times usually during weekend when most folks are on get a group kill the place clear it out kill the boss mob loot then the server crashes nope no quest item

Try same said quest again get a group go through dungeon half way through part of the group ld's starts warping all over ther place or they see you you cannot see them suddenly mobs become unattackable etc....

While these things are common occurrence in any online game if you cannot procede in your class due to server/lag group finishing a quest to get a specific spell your toast.....

While it is a nice world nicely laid out it is a shame with the revenue they have coming in they can not do something about the server issues

• slapme7timesslapme7times Member Posts: 436

why dont you guys just vote with your feet?

if the game wasnt the best mmo i've played...

ultima, ff, shadow, planetside, swg, ever, ever2, autoassault, rf online,

i'd say it really mattered what the servers did the first few days.

from my experience, other than the first week, the servers on wow have had less lag and less shutdowns than any other mmo i've ever played.

thats the reason it has 6 million players. it is the best.

--people who believe in abstinence are unsurprisingly also some of the ugliest most sexually undesired people in the world.--