Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you satisfied with your current MMO?

Comments

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I've stopped playing MMOs for now.  They are just all the same now and I've grown tired of the same 'ole same 'ole.  I might go back in the future but I'm just tired of themeparks.  I guess in my old age, I'm looking for something more meaty and more roleplay driven.
  • ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236
    YashaX said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    As limited as the poll is, I'm surprised it's skewed positive.  My starting hypothesis was that it was gonna skew negative based on the overall negative threads.  Kinda refreshing that it isn't all gloom and doom. 
    There seems to be a group of people on these forums that basically hate mmos, but they try to convince themselves and anyone who will listen that the problem is with the young people, all games now are crap, etc, etc.

From what I have seen they tend to keep posting similar threads about how bad everything is and basically troll their own threads to keep them alive, which is probably why it looks like everything is doom and gloom. 

You rarely see long threads about how great something is because those tend to die out quickly. Most threads don't get much airtime without  a voice of dissent or an old man with a chip on his shoulder about the younger generation, reminiscing about the days of yore and/or ranting excitedly about a game years from release that promises to bring back the days of his youth.
    Clueless.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Torval said:
    I play a lot of mmos and don't have enough time to play the games I like. LotRO, GW2, ESO and my others. Loving them.
    Same here, so many good games, so little time....
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

You might as well ask players "Are you satisfied with your current life?" :D

I am astonished it as not gone negative yet, will put my polling choice in now. Good to see it is positive if that lasts.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Yes. I am subbed to EQ2 playing on the TL server Stormhold. Loving it
    Me too am very happy.

• User836User836 Member UncommonPosts: 117
    I very much like my game (AoC) but I also very much miss the good old days of playing on an RP-PvP server (now shut down/merged) with populated levelling zones.
    Bring in 200000 new players and open up a new server where everyone starts fresh and that would be so great. Can't be done, I know, this is just me saying the game is great but I miss the good old days.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited September 2015
     My unscientific summary of those who chose to state what MMO/game they are playing breaks down to:
    1) New School titles  - 10
    2) Old School titles - 8
    3) Waiting for something to come along - 6

Whoo hoo, back to 20K posts again, (lost a couple hundred in the conversion)

Where's my badge Mike?  :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    ArcheAge has eaten me.
    Nontheless i keep watching.

Watching for a sandboxgame with that kind of a themepark that ArcheAge offers.
    I have some careful hopes for Star Citizen and im curious about Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    After finally admitting to myself that I was no longer playing MMOs because I enjoyed them, I was only playing because of my guild mates, I quit. It was SW:TOR that finally broke my back, that game was / is horrendous. Beyond the bland / generic questlines (which somehow people think are great?!), the combat and design of the game was just too easy and boring. 

In the three years since quitting MMOs, I've kept an eye on most AAA new MMOs and managed to beta test most of the ones I wanted to. I still hope that, someday, a new MMO will meet my needs (which aren't many) and I will subscribe and play again, however, all recent MMOs have fallen short. 

So, still waiting, still hoping and using the only voice that counts: my wallet. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    rawfox said:
    ArcheAge has eaten me.
    Nontheless i keep watching.

Watching for a sandboxgame with that kind of a themepark that ArcheAge offers.
    I have some careful hopes for Star Citizen and im curious about Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.

In the same boat, there is a LOT I would change about Archeage, but there is much more that I would change about just about any other game lacking player freedom.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • AberiusAberius Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Voted "Satisfied" with FF14, which is actually glowing praise considering I've been playing it pretty steadily since release and I'm still not tired of it.  It may be a themepark, but it's a great example of how to do themepark right with variety in both combat and non-combat activities.  It helps that I have an awesome group of friends I play with almost daily and who make the raiding really enjoyable.

That said, I'm still keeping my eye on the next wave of games coming hoping that something like Pantheon, Project Gorgon, etc. does a good job of making a modern old-school MMORPG that actually hits all six letters in the acronym again.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Ooooo, fancy new forum thing that shows our votes. 

I wont be "satisfied" until I make my own game.  Still I'm glad to find an mmo that hit the mark on a few points of interest with me.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    I am surprisingly satisfied. Dungeons and Dragons Online is still my sweetheart, back from 2005.

Holy... Yeah, I've been playing the same MMO for over ten years. DDO gives me everything but RP, which I find with limited success in Elder Scrolls Online instead.

What keeps me in DDO? I've not found an MMO with "better" combat or character customization (in gameplay mechanics/terms. Rift is the only one what comes close.) - Nor have I found an MMO what rewards specific roles in a party as much. I mean, there is no more need in modern gaming for rogues to disable traps or mages to deal with certain foes, such as elementals..

Ah well, I've mostly moved out of MMOs and into singleplayer/cooperative RPGs. There's always Divinity Original Sin and Neverwinter Nights 2, the later which offers persistant worlds with the best choise and consequence, since DMs can actually change stuff permanently in the world.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• minideedminideed Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited September 2015
    If I ever find a MMO that holds my interest I will let you know. Right now I have not seen or played anything that I find interesting or good.

For now I no longer bother with MMO's anymore since I find the current models boring and tedious unless you throw lots of cash at that, which I won't just to get ahead or to not be penalized.

I still prefer the old MMO engines from the early 2004+ era, at least they were fun to play and kept my interest. Today it's just rush to get end game as fast as possible and to hell with things like deep story lines and lore.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I play and test multiple games. The one game I currently play the most is World of Warships. For some reason I just love this game and its not an mmorpg by any means.
    Love that game.  DDs all the way.  I bounce between that and ESO ATM.

I self identify as a monkey.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    For me pretty satisfied with rift for me but it don't mean I don't try other mmo and see if it drags me away.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Clueless.
    Exactly what part of Yasha's post was clueless?  Everything seemed quite accurate.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    I voted "Not playing anything and waiting on the next thing."

But I'm not waiting for the next thing. I'm hoping for a complete overhaul that I don't expect to ever see. Mostly because gamers can't seem to pull their heads out of their arses. They aren't happy, but want more of the same just do it so it makes them happy again. They're crack babies.

Sorry to be so blunt.
    pretty much what @Amaranthar said.  Not playing any MMO's and it doesn't look like that will change any time soon.  Enjoying some multiplayer co-op with a buddy or 2 is about as multiplayer as my gaming gets nowadays.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Illius said:
    I voted "Not playing anything and waiting on the next thing."

But I'm not waiting for the next thing. I'm hoping for a complete overhaul that I don't expect to ever see. Mostly because gamers can't seem to pull their heads out of their arses. They aren't happy, but want more of the same just do it so it makes them happy again. They're crack babies.

Sorry to be so blunt.
    pretty much what @Amaranthar said.  Not playing any MMO's and it doesn't look like that will change any time soon.  Enjoying some multiplayer co-op with a buddy or 2 is about as multiplayer as my gaming gets nowadays.
    How do you two reconcile this opinion with the objective evidence that here on MMORPG.com (with its unhappy vocal minority) 51% of the poll respondents have voted Satisfied or higher?

Just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening?

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    eq2 loving it what else is there really to say
    Chamber of Chains
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Between ESO which I find to be the best fit for my taste, SWTOR ( it's Star wars), and some Gw2 (which is growing stale) I get plenty of enjoyment, although..GW2.. I may give up on that. The other two offer enough to make up for the loss in a third option.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Vardahoth said:
    Like you, Yasha completely misses the point for the 0 (24% and highest% as of now) voters.

We have said exactly what is wrong with the current state of mmorpg's and we have said exactly what we want out of mmorpg's and what would make it right. The industry keeps producing more evolved of the stuff we do not want and continues to ignore us while making things worse and worse. So we keep trying to tell the devs here about it. Everything we used to love in our MMORPG's has been stripped away from us leaving us nothing in its place.

Now we have this user (Yasha) coming and telling us we are trolling and having nothing but doom and gloom posts. Yeah I would justify clueless as being the right response.

@Yasha

Watch the video in my sig (1st link), and become un-clueless. BTW the user of that video is not an old man. He's only 18 yrs old, and i was surprised to see someone so young able to recognize the changes I have said over and over again.
    Respond to what's actually being said. Don't discuss the topic with imaginary opponents.

YOU said: "Yasha completely misses the point for the 0 voters."
    YASHA said: "There seems to be a group of people on these forums that basically hate mmos"?
    RESULT: Yasha didn't miss those 0-voters, and in fact explicitly mentioned them.

YASHA said: "but they try to convince themselves and anyone who will listen that the problem is with the young people, all games now are crap, etc, etc."
    YOU said: "We have said exactly what is wrong with the current state of mmorpg's..."
    RESULT: You're behaving exactly like Yasha said.

YOU said: "The industry keeps producing more evolved of the stuff we do not want and continues to ignore us while making things worse and worse." (aka doom and gloom)
    YOU said: "Now we have this user (Yasha) coming and telling us we are trolling and having nothing but doom and gloom posts."
    RESULT: You've behaving exactly like Yasha said.

CONCLUSION: Zero evidence of Yasha being clueless, and lots of evidence proving exactly what she/he said.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    YashaX said:
    Torval said:
    I play a lot of mmos and don't have enough time to play the games I like. LotRO, GW2, ESO and my others. Loving them.
    Same here, so many good games, so little time....
    So conflicting, even worse if you enjoy play multiple classes. I have yet to really dive into LOTRO or try ESO.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Bored...bored...bored...at the moment.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Vardahoth said:
    Axehilt said:
    Clueless.
    Exactly what part of Yasha's post was clueless?  Everything seemed quite accurate.
    Like you, Yasha completely misses the point for the 0 (24% and highest% as of now) voters.

We have said exactly what is wrong with the current state of mmorpg's and we have said exactly what we want out of mmorpg's and what would make it right. The industry keeps producing more evolved of the stuff we do not want and continues to ignore us while making things worse and worse. So we keep trying to tell the devs here about it. Everything we used to love in our MMORPG's has been stripped away from us leaving us nothing in its place.

Now we have this user (Yasha) coming and telling us we are trolling and having nothing but doom and gloom posts. Yeah I would justify clueless as being the right response.

@Yasha

Watch the video in my sig (1st link), and become un-clueless. BTW the user of that video is not an old man. He's only 18 yrs old, and i was surprised to see someone so young able to recognize the changes I have said over and over again.
    I would hope that some kids will grow up to appreciate the classics. But it doesn't make either one of them clueless.

You may enjoy Led Zepplin, but I fucking don't. I do recognized and appreciate what they have done, very much. Jimmy Page is brilliant.

Do I have to have a clue what made Zelda or Final Fantasy so great? Do you have to like them? Fuck no!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!