Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Developer Named, Free Open Beta Begins | A Tale in the Desert | MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion
imageNew Developer Named, Free Open Beta Begins | A Tale in the Desert | MMORPG.com

A new developer has been named for A Tale in the Desert. Pluribus Games has taken over the management of ATITD and a "new journey" will begin on Setpember 11th, 2015. Tale VII is expected to last for approximately 18 months and will begin in ancient Egypt.

Read the full story here

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    According to their website they got the new developer back in April 2014. Why does MMORPG.com report it as if it's some recent news?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2015
    Vrika said:
    According to their website they got the new developer back in April 2014. Why does MMORPG.com report it as if it's some recent news?
    According to the press release, there was a new developer in May 2014 but no progress was made on Tale VII (or any other news TBH) until now, hence the report. It's flown way under the radar and the news sent to us by the team's public relations group is relevant now as a result of the new content and "journey" that begins soon.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    I've heard many good comments about ATITD and its unique gameplay.  Glad to see development continue.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    I've never been a fan of an MMO that resets itself, taking away any progress you've made.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    I haven't played ATITD since III.... the graphics look the same as they did 10 years ago :D
  • toothless420toothless420 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I am a player of this game, highly suggest it if you like a peaceful cooperative crafting mmo with lots of fun puzzle and complex mechanic and an amazing community. The game was pretty much dead before the new dev take over. he has been doing a lot of work on it. For these who want to try it, tales 6 is now free until the 8th (where the tales end)
  • blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Great game, Great community. If you like to craft, solve puzzles and just hang out in an Egyptian theme then give it a go
  • ROFLcopter13ROFLcopter13 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Shelassa said:
    imageNew Developer Named, Free Open Beta Begins | A Tale in the Desert | MMORPG.com

A new developer has been named for A Tale in the Desert. Pluribus Games has taken over the management of ATITD and a "new journey" will begin on Setpember September 11th, 2015. Tale VII is expected to last for approximately 18 months and will begin in ancient Egypt.

Read the full story here

Fixt!
  • jshannarajshannara Member UncommonPosts: 1
    This game is great and has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the former head developer had lost interest years ago. Hoping for great things from the new management.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Will be interesting to see where this game goes, glad there's an injection of interest!
  • light487light487 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited September 2015
    When Pluribus, one of the original hardcore players and helper decided to acquire the licence for the game, I wasn't sure what to expect. As noted, the game fell into woeful disrepair for many years.. the most loyal of fans of the unique genre (and this is a very unique genre even though it shares bits and pieces from other genres) held on as long as they could but something had to give eventually.

I am excited to say that the new management is really shaping up well, fixing a lot of years-old bugs already and moving to a much more stable and robust server cluster than it was ever before. The game, at this point, looks much the same as it has since the last major graphical update in Tale 5, if I remember correctly, and that doesn't look like it is going to change any time soon. What has changed of course is the involvement and energy of the developer.

I recommend that anyone who tried the game over the last couple of years, give it a go again.
  • MissBarbaraMissBarbara Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I am one of the very old ATITD players myself, and I had to take a break due to real life issues that needed my attention. I have now been back for a bit more than 3 months and the game and expectations for the new Tale is super exciting. Pluribus and his team have put a huge amount of hours into the new Tale already, I have seen hundreds of old players back sharing the feeling, that the upcoming tale will be an amazing journey through the past and into the future as a lot of older tests will be back and the game bigger and more developed than ever. If you like to challenge yourself in other ways than combat, I suggest to give this game a try. It is worth every moment spent there.
  • lawson381lawson381 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    As an old T2,3,4 player I am super excited to see the refreshed energy for T7! For sure we will make friends, and have loads of fun learning skills and passing tests again. If you are at all interested I would highly suggest giving it a shot as there is a little something for everyone! So MUCH FUN!
  • FoundationalFoundational Member CommonPosts: 1
    The energy of the player base is really great in the run-up to the new Telling! I'm excited that the game has a fresh coat of paint and a passionate and helpful core community.
  • TorgamaticTorgamatic Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Tried this game due to type of game it is. Love crafting building. However, Game world is really dead. Played 12 hrs. (6am-6pm est) Total of 6 people to interact with, total of 2 people whom did. gameworld is Dead , Hardly worth the $12 / month fee they ask. Graphic dated, animation basic, travel - walk/run. LARGE world to explore, and you have too to find resources you will need. Has many good ideas, but needs revamp to make most work. Hoping major publisher takes the idea of a tale of the desert and runs with it. ( 1/29/16)