Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmm I think it must be me, but this game is ehhhhh

2»

Comments

• TreadworthyTreadworthy Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I am enjoying it quite a bit.  But i'm more of a solo type player anyway, and like to socialize/group only part of the time in my mmorpgs.  

I've found ESO to be a very mature game, in that its rated M and often times has dark story-lines not suitable for young players.   The crafting and character development/progression are very mature as well, and actually somewhat complicated, as an open ended skill progression should be.  This game is not perfect however, and hopefully it continues to improve.   Population right now is bursting, and not just on consoles, but on PC as well.  
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Meh, I tried it 5 months ago or so, while it wasn't a bad game overall, and even had a few things I liked, the rather boring combat and character customization (ESPECIALLY for a game with the "elderscrolls" brand.) and the near complete inability to group up with others to do stuff outside of dungeons made me move on.

Maybe I'm just getting to the point where I can't put up with bad aspects to a game, even when the rest are good. Like champion's online, that game let me make the most enjoyable class I've EVER played in a game, let alone a mmo. But then the quests and world were just soooooooo boring.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I played beta, wasn't a fan. Then tamriel unlimited was released and it went B2P, many people had said so much had changed, it's so fun now, etc. etc. combat is worlds better, etc. but it feels all the same to me :( Silly easy quest grind, quick 5-10 second battles and mobs are all dead... then what? Does this always continue like this? lol

I got to level 10 in about a day and it all feels the same. I think I only made it to 20 in beta before quitting, but is this hopeless for me? There is no challenge, solo everything and the quest grind is so damn grindy.

I was tricked by the hype!!!

PvP. If I only pve'd in ESO I'd feel the same. PvE is the same in every game imo. I judge a game by it's PvP, character skill customization/development.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    The game has major issues. Like doing quests and if someone is on the quest and you go into building and the other person is on 2nd floor and kills the bad guy you get the message you finished quest and go turn it in. That hurts the game and makes it so player is not knowing or allowed to understand what he just did to finish quest. Same with dungeons, it really hurts the feel of the game. Looking for group tool has been broken about a month after release of game. You would think that it would be a high priority bug but they haven't fixed that for over a year now.

The game has a beautiful world but it really is sad how the devs have allowed this game to go on for so long with as many issues (bugs) it has to this day. On main forums they are already complaining how Imperial City which is releasing this week on NA live server just is not ready and we are all expecting major bugs and problems coming our way.

Just don't understand the powers that be thinking when releasing and allowing major bugs to stay in game for so long.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    What I like about ESO is you can make wacky builds. Melee sorcerer? Do it! Magicka tank DK? Yes please. I had fun making wacky/out of the box build, not that optimized mind you, but hey it's my game. As long as its fun.

My only gripe atm is, horses needs 3600 hours for max out. That's roughly 150 days. Too long if you ask me.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    All missed the boat,if you are looking for a grouping game,it left with vanilla FFXI,it might be a long time before we see another quality grouping game.

I know there is some Lucimia game being advertised that claims to be solid grouping and challenging but to me the game looks like it will be a  budget game, will have to wait and see when it releases.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Torval said:
    I only pve in this game and I think it's probably the most immersive and gritty mmo out right now. The combat is great. The questing is great. The stories are great. The crafting is pretty good, but a little underwhelming. The classes are some of the most fun in any fantasy style mmo out.

Maybe everyone else shares the opinion of the OP and I'm way out of touch, but I don't understand how an mmo player who likes a fantasy setting doesn't like this game.
    Couldn't agree more.  I think because this game is not the typical lobby mmorpg it might be a niche for us "gritty" players.  I love the darker stories and medieval setting.  The game is not as polished as I would like, but the world is the most immersive I have experienced.  I only hope the success of the game will lead to solid development in future content and fixes.  
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Why in 2015 people buy into the 'the game has changed so much' bullshit when the reason you didn't like the game because it was fundamentally the same fucking game we have been playing for over a decade. Ain't no amount of patching fixes cancer.
    karmath said:
    Why in 2015 people buy into the 'the game has changed so much' bullshit when the reason you didn't like the game because it was fundamentally the same fucking game we have been playing for over a decade. Ain't no amount of patching fixes cancer.
    I'm enjoying it :)  I see obvious improvements from beta and launch.  I received a full refund after first week of launch with no hassle.  Came back well over a year later and can honestly say it's much improved.  It's as simple as that 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wizardry said:
    All missed the boat,if you are looking for a grouping game,it left with vanilla FFXI,it might be a long time before we see another quality grouping game.

I know there is some Lucimia game concept being advertised that claims to be want solid grouping and challenging but to me the game looks like it will be a  budget game, will have to wait and see when it releases.

Fixed it for you. 

I never really understood the group complaints with ESO. Yes quest are a solo experience for the most part. Group questing left when WoW redesigned the old world, a shame.

Beyond that though -

•  world bosses need a group
    •  public dungeons go better with a group
    • dolems need a group
    • Craglorn is all group, even questing.
    • There are a bunch of group instances and trials
    • Groups all over Cyrodiil. 2 man all the way to 72 man...

What more is needed? 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    karmath said:
    same as what game? please be more specific. i cant even go back to games like wow and swtor because of this game and it isn't because its the same fucking game.

one mans cancer is another mans gold i guess lol

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

DMKano said:
    I only play PvP these days in ESO, it's aight. I managed to force myself to quest grind to 50 when it launched, but never doing another quest again in ESO.

I just hate questing so much at this point I can't do it anymore.

Different strokes, to me PvE has no hook at all, PvP is where it's at.

i hear ya about questing, if that's all you do when you pve. i am a crafter so my main focus a lot of times is gathering materials and finding treasure chests while i'm questing.

it still can be boring for sure but it makes it better. agree about the pvp though.
    baphamet said:

DMKano said:
    I only play PvP these days in ESO, it's aight. I managed to force myself to quest grind to 50 when it launched, but never doing another quest again in ESO.

I just hate questing so much at this point I can't do it anymore.

Different strokes, to me PvE has no hook at all, PvP is where it's at.

i hear ya about questing, if that's all you do when you pve. i am a crafter so my main focus a lot of times is gathering materials and finding treasure chests while i'm questing.

it still can be boring for sure but it makes it better. agree about the pvp though.
    I suppose the questing right now is fun/immersive for me because I'm new and haven't spent a ton of time in mmorpgs yet.   I also tend to just go with it, and let my imagination roam a bit.  (Would get old if i spend too much of my time doing the same thing, I can already see that.)

There is another reason why I enjoy the game that is not as featured in these conversations but has a tremendous amount of impact in the PVE immersion . . . sound.  This game has excellent sound effects (not to mention voice overs) that contribute a lot to the dynamics of the game world -- horses' hooves and footsteps, echo effects when in dungeons or cold harbor, and well done weather effects like rain and
    lightning . . . .  

On another note, read that some players have issue with the combat.  I too at first thought 'what the hell' concerning the combat until I understood it a bit more and got used to it.  I'm loving it now, and the importance placed on resource management and dodging/blocking are much more fun to me than standard mmorpg combat I've tried out in the past.  I had to change a few keybindings and grab a couple addons but I'll be ready for PVP combat by time I get my first 50.  Hopefully by then I'll still enjoy questing, but imagine PVP will take up most of my time.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

I played beta, wasn't a fan. Then tamriel unlimited was released and it went B2P, many people had said so much had changed, it's so fun now, etc. etc. combat is worlds better, etc. but it feels all the same to me :( Silly easy quest grind, quick 5-10 second battles and mobs are all dead... then what? Does this always continue like this? lol

I got to level 10 in about a day and it all feels the same. I think I only made it to 20 in beta before quitting, but is this hopeless for me? There is no challenge, solo everything and the quest grind is so damn grindy.

Your perception is not in error.  The combat is largely the same aside from extensive balancing changes and the numbers are much larger.

When people say it's greatly improved they mostly mean that all the horrible bugs from launch have been fixed.  Granted you can also now steal stuff which adds some fun and the horrendous class imbalance from launch has largely been fixed.

For the most part if you didn't like the fundamental game at launch you probably won't like it now, unless you really enjoy stealing. 

People who quit the game over bugs or class imbalance at launch should enjoy the game now and I assume these are the people running around saying it's greatly improved.
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    reeereee said:

Your perception is not in error.  The combat is largely the same aside from extensive balancing changes and the numbers are much larger.

When people say it's greatly improved they mostly mean that all the horrible bugs from launch have been fixed.  Granted you can also now steal stuff which adds some fun and the horrendous class imbalance from launch has largely been fixed.

For the most part if you didn't like the fundamental game at launch you probably won't like it now, unless you really enjoy stealing. 

People who quit the game over bugs or class imbalance at launch should enjoy the game now and I assume these are the people running around saying it's greatly improved.
    They have also overhauled the animations in every regard, including voiceovers.  They did extensive sound work as well.  The game is more immersive now, but it still is just not immersive enough until they let me get rid of the damn fog (I am aware of the ESO launcher, but after looking through the code for it and seeing the autoplaying features people that pay get I did not think it was safe to use).  The fog really irks me, not being able to see ahead of me really kills the sense of wonder and exploring that I am so fond of in other games.

I am really bugged that the justice system is not yet fully implemented.  This is taking too long.  Allowing stealing was important but having full on cops and robbers in an MMO would be something special.  Right now I do not have ESO installed, waiting for them to do more updates to the game.

All that negative stuff said, I really like the combat in the game.  I feel like they succeeded at mimicking Elder Scrolls combat but also adding some expected MMO stuff that really made it better.  I prefer the combat in ESO drastically over any of the offline Elder Scrolls games.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Game is just too boring.
    The game has a lot of problems, but like some say they have fixed a lot of it.  Yes it can get boring at times. But for some reason it has a magic to keep bring you back. Sad part it seems it isn't bring a lot of people back. For the PvP players if IC releases tomorrow with a lot of bugs like they are saying from PTS it could put a nail into the game that they will finally never recover from. I hope ZoS listens and rethinks releasing tomorrow.

One thing about this game is they have recovered from a few issues like putting PC/MAC on hold for over a year while they worked on consoles. Most games do not get second chances and this one is going on #3 chance tomorrow.

Brenics said:
    The game has a lot of problems, but like some say they have fixed a lot of it.  Yes it can get boring at times. But for some reason it has a magic to keep bring you back. Sad part it seems it isn't bring a lot of people back. For the PvP players if IC releases tomorrow with a lot of bugs like they are saying from PTS it could put a nail into the game that they will finally never recover from. I hope ZoS listens and rethinks releasing tomorrow.

One thing about this game is they have recovered from a few issues like putting PC/MAC on hold for over a year while they worked on consoles. Most games do not get second chances and this one is going on #3 chance tomorrow.
    They weren't ready at initial launch and it turned me off despite the fact it's my type of game.  If indeed the patch tomorrow is troublesome, I'll likely stick around because I'm in starter zones anyway . . . but i can see a lot of damage being done to an otherwise healthy player base.
  • toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    edited August 2015
    Maybe skyforge then? It gets Grindy too but not so much on the quest side and about 90percent of that is all instances grouping and minimal outdoor stuff is as much grouping and other people reliant as it is solo. Plus it's pretty if your PC can crank max. It's not really for me, but you may like that better? It's challenging as well, to the point of frustration with other people. I'm constantly trying to play a necro and have to switch classes to pally cuz no one I get can ever tank. Idk if it's really a challenging game though or just that most people suck at it and it is group reliant/heavy. Tera as well but that's quest Grindy as u put it as well. Not too sure what to recommend off your criteria without further elaboration...
    Post edited by toomuch4212 on
    Well they released the patch and yes there are some problems with it. But I must say with the size of this patch and everything they did with it, it is a very successful patch. No major game breaking bugs so I have to give the dev's a big well done and first round on me. Very impressed.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just been reading about the stamina nerf.  Not a lot of happy campers.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2015
    Just been reading about the stamina nerf.  Not a lot of happy campers.

Some people got used to perma-blocking while they used abilities. I mean why not? It was essentially free blocking with full-on stamina regen while you did it. It was a pretty cheesy tactic that everyone knew was doomed.

They've been talking about getting rid of that for months and they said how they would do it (no stamina regen while blocking) and now they have. Why is anyone surprised?

If you time your block instead of just holding it forever you'll be fine.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited September 2015

This game was fantastic as a single player game from 1-50. Building my character, exploring the world. The main story was actually really good, even compared to Skyrim/Morrowind. Those had better overall immersion, but story in ESO is great. Then you V1, and you don't move. You have to beat the game 2 more times, and you still aren't max level. You don't get many new skills really or as fast. I am so bored of my class...

PvP is only allowed in one zone. It's a large zone, but why should PvP be completely turned off everywhere else? Oh that's because other factions are literally different "Realms" or "Servers" you will never see them unless in Cyrodil.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile