Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The BIG MMO question: WHY?

WHY do you play your favorite MMO?

WHY don't you play you most hated MMO?

WHY do we play MMO's?

What makes you MMO better then the rest? What makes WoW inflict the "wow" factor upon kiddies and young adults (some cases fully grown adults)? What makes DaoC original and the "best" PvP MMO out there?

Here you explainwhat makes you MMO what it is and WHY you think it is the best.

Let the games begin!

------------------------------

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Game On!

Comments

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

Fun.

• MylonMylon Member Posts: 975

MMOs are an excuse to socialize in a world where people are becoming increasingly reclusive. And it has lots of neat little side activities one can do that either fills the time between talking to people or brings people together.

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

The reason why we play any game is because it it is fun and entertains you*. Gaming is a leisure activity* and thats its main objective... There are games that teach things, like those for small kids, but in the core of these games it is always the fun it gives the children.
    Now, what makes MMOs different from most other games is that they are played togheter with other people, allowing you to socialize, make friends, feel that you are a part of something (when your in a guild, for example). This is, I believe, the main factor why people play MMOs... if they don't care for this aspect, they might aswell just play SP games. For some people MMOs are also a way to, for some time, get into another world, another life, run away from any problem they have by becoming another person.

This is just my opinion, but I think many will agree with me.

* there are always the people who work in the game industry, and these whould play games in order to get ideas of how to develop their game... but if someone is working in the game idustry, they should have fun with games ::::31::

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Zythyl
    WHY do you play your favorite MMO?
    WHY don't you play you most hated MMO?
    WHY do we play MMO's?
    What makes you MMO better then the rest?

Because it's entertaining.
    Because it's not entertaining for my taste.
    Because it's entertaining.
    It entertains me more.

Good enough? ::::35::

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Because the game fit me well

Because I found it boring

Because playing with people online is fun

I don't play any atm

I will chose SWG pre-cu, because it was the best online game I have ever tested, best comminuty with best roleplayers, great sandboxing, great townraids, good crafting, much to do when combat feels boring.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

*Gestures repeatedly*

Darrmock ...

and Gellaad ...

on the ocean ...

~ Ancient Membership ~

• hodge12hodge12 Member Posts: 99
    I play to grief other players.