Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devilian | PAX Prime 2015 Hands-On with the Action MMORPG | MMORPG

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Maric said:
    I'm much more interested in Umbra. The fact that they just closed Devilian down in two regions does not exactly instill confidence in the game. Oh, and Trion isn't aware Westerners don't like gender lock? Riighhht. Nice dodge there. I will give Devilian a shot. I just won't buy a pack until I try it out.
    Did you people complain about diablo's gender and race lock? Why do you people complain about chinese, japanese or korean games with gender lock? I am thinking it is an extreme case of racism, nothing more.

And Bluhole Ginno's owner Bluhole having trouble all over chinese sea and south east asia areas with their publishers, tera has been shut down in both south east asia and china sea region. hopefully Trion will not be a problem for them.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

im playing Thai version and its awesome... genderlock? cmon.. even PoE have it and no1 fking care and,hmm 10 yrs old lolis? image cmon2.... how can you not like my loli-gunnar? :P
    People tend to forget Diablo series have always had gender lock and every single isometric arpg in western market are the same. But as soon as it comes to a game from far east they start complaining, this racism at it's best.

And i am a big fan of japanese culture, my favorite time is spent reading manga/manhua/manhwa/light novel/visual novel, watching anime but i will never  ever support this "lolicon" theory, it is pedophilia and it is disgusting. And i will mention here that i never play dwarf or gnome or any kind of loli type races in any kind of games.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• MorganRamsayMorganRamsay Contributing ColumnistMember UncommonPosts: 16
    DMKano said:
    Devilian was doing well in Korea, it's launching in China as well. The Korean publisher that was hosting Devilian is shutting down all PC games as they are going pure mobile. Bluehole/Gino are looking for a new publisher in Korea. 

To add to this:

Bluehole Ginno actually bought back the publishing rights to Devilian from Hangame, and in my interview with Trion Worlds CEO Scott Hartsman, he said that Devilian would be launching exclusively on Glyph. ("[W]e recently announced Devilian with Bluehole Ginno. That'll be an exclusive launch on our platform.")
  • zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202
    im playing Thai version and its awesome... genderlock? cmon.. even PoE have it and no1 fking care and,hmm 10 yrs old lolis? image cmon2.... how can you not like my loli-gunnar? :P
    People tend to forget Diablo series have always had gender lock and every single isometric arpg in western market are the same. But as soon as it comes to a game from far east they start complaining, this racism at it's best.

And i am a big fan of japanese culture, my favorite time is spent reading manga/manhua/manhwa/light novel/visual novel, watching anime but i will never  ever support this "lolicon" theory, it is pedophilia and it is disgusting. And i will mention here that i never play dwarf or gnome or any kind of loli type races in any kind of games.
    Um...have you played D3 at all? No gender locking there. That is so 1990's in western society. Too, if you're such a big fan of japanimation, well, lolicon is pretty huge there, too. Playing a short or petite character doesn't make it pedo. At least the bunnies have some semblance of boobage, putting them at least at 13ish, unlike in Tera, where you played a flat chested little girl that comes from an island where another playable race, [pedo]bears, lived. Talk about blatant in-your-face gross. Heh.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Ugh, Bosses in open PvP areas = I will never get to kill a boss or see it's loot. Nice. I'm beginning to think that the eastern playerbase is better at forming lots of groups to create healthy competition which is why they enjoy this type of gameplay (I may be way off though). Here in the west, it's the same story every single time. 1-2 big mega-guilds dominate everything and no one else gets to participate unless they join those guilds. I think we have a very winner-take-all mentality that leads to not playing well with others.
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Rusque said:
    Ugh, Bosses in open PvP areas = I will never get to kill a boss or see it's loot. Nice. I'm beginning to think that the eastern playerbase is better at forming lots of groups to create healthy competition which is why they enjoy this type of gameplay (I may be way off though). Here in the west, it's the same story every single time. 1-2 big mega-guilds dominate everything and no one else gets to participate unless they join those guilds. I think we have a very winner-take-all mentality that leads to not playing well with others.
    'Murica
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    im playing Thai version and its awesome... genderlock? cmon.. even PoE have it and no1 fking care and,hmm 10 yrs old lolis?
     cmon2.... how can you not like my loli-gunnar? :P

Yeah 15 YEARS AGO!!! In this modern day and age it should be a given that any modern developer should be considering character models for M and F... I do agree with certain exceptions like a one or two races that may be either gender specific or non gender at all. So stop defending this crap and throwing down the "racist" card... If anything it's just developer laziness or just western gamers reacting to eastern game style... These complaints have been present in every discussion pertaining to the gender lock eastern games.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• masaki23masaki23 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    seeing the founder pack's prices i' ll just wait for a beta invite if it comes. The lowest founder is 50 bucks, wow just wow. And the highest is 150 bucks. Are you f-ing kidding me. Who in the hell is going to pay those prices for this game. You would have to be a complete arpg nutt to pay that. This game is not even an aaa game in my opinion. On top of that Lineage eternal and lost ark are coming out with a beta, nobody is going to pay those prices.
    edited September 2015
    zytin said:
    im playing Thai version and its awesome... genderlock? cmon.. even PoE have it and no1 fking care and,hmm 10 yrs old lolis? cmon2.... how can you not like my loli-gunnar? :P

Um...have you played D3 at all? No gender locking there. That is so 1990's in western society. Too, if you're such a big fan of japanimation, well, lolicon is pretty huge there, too. Playing a short or petite character doesn't make it pedo. At least the bunnies have some semblance of boobage, putting them at least at 13ish, unlike in Tera, where you played a flat chested little girl that comes from an island where another playable race, [pedo]bears, lived. Talk about blatant in-your-face gross. Heh.
    Sorry never mind, i created my toons so long ago with default character that came up that i forgot i could change gender now..sorry about it.

edited September 2015
    Wighty said:
    im playing Thai version and its awesome... genderlock? cmon.. even PoE have it and no1 fking care and,hmm 10 yrs old lolis?
     cmon2.... how can you not like my loli-gunnar? :P

Yeah 15 YEARS AGO!!! In this modern day and age it should be a given that any modern developer should be considering character models for M and F... I do agree with certain exceptions like a one or two races that may be either gender specific or non gender at all. So stop defending this crap and throwing down the "racist" card... If anything it's just developer laziness or just western gamers reacting to eastern game style... These complaints have been present in every discussion pertaining to the gender lock eastern games.
    ^watch above, my apologies.

masaki23 said:
    seeing the founder pack's prices i' ll just wait for a beta invite if it comes. The lowest founder is 50 bucks, wow just wow. And the highest is 150 bucks. Are you f-ing kidding me. Who in the hell is going to pay those prices for this game. You would have to be a complete arpg nutt to pay that. This game is not even an aaa game in my opinion. On top of that Lineage eternal and lost ark are coming out with a beta, nobody is going to pay those prices.
    you will be surprised how many people will buy those 150$ pack simply because character slots, inventory upgrade and cash shop credits combined in those packs will cost twice as much on launch if they were to buy them separately. But despite that i still would suggest people not to buy their way into beta.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    zytin said:

I am currently playing D3 with gender locked monk ..you were saying?
    Huh? In D3 you can play a male or female Monk..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

GwapoJosh said:
    zytin said:

I am currently playing D3 with gender locked monk ..you were saying?
    Huh? In D3 you can play a male or female Monk..
    Yeah just noticed that and edited my post above with explanation^. hoenstly never really bothered with male or female toon, i always just click next with whatever game throws at me and go directly to game, never even bother changing default look.....

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I don't care if its gender locked, although I don't like it, I just don't understand the desire to play as a 10 yr old girl, and one they try to make look like a sexy school girl or something, to me its utterly disgusting but maybe I am just racist I guess I have a daughter and it disgusts me to think that some of you sickos out there are into this
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited September 2015
    Myrdynn said:
    I don't care if its gender locked, although I don't like it, I just don't understand the desire to play as a 10 yr old girl, and one they try to make look like a sexy school girl or something, to me its utterly disgusting but maybe I am just racist I guess I have a daughter and it disgusts me to think that some of you sickos out there are into this
    "utterly disgusting" ... "you sickos" so you can say that about whole Japanese (South Korea) sub-culture then lmao :D

i don't know about others but to me this whole "loli" thing is synonym of "cute", like when you see puppy or kitten, yea i would say "Hey man, this is really cute", even though im adult guy i like puppies,kittens,lolis ... i just don't understand why many peoples think its about sexy/lewd things -.-

if you are so concerned about your daughter SAFETY from such "sickos" i would really like to HEAR what you would say about Islam, what they are DOING with girls (6-12 years) and they claim its fine because they doing it over 1500 years already... i was working with army in Afghanistan and Pakistan for 2,5 years and i was really SHOCKED whats "normal for them" while i was there...

But i see you are from USA, i doubt you heard about these kind of things over sea... but it's kinda actual for us, folks in Europe :/
    Myrdynn said:
    "utterly disgusting" ... "you sickos" so you can say that about whole Japanese (South Korea) sub-culture then lmao :D

i don't know about others but to me this whole "loli" thing is synonym of "cute", like when you see puppy or kitten, yea i would say "Hey man, this is really cute", even though im adult guy i like puppies,kittens,lolis ... i just don't understand why many peoples think its about sexy/lewd things -.-

if you are so concerned about your daughter SAFETY from such "sickos" i would really like to HEAR what you would say about Islam, what they are DOING with girls (6-12 years) and they claim its fine because they doing it over 1500 years already... i was working with army in Afghanistan and Pakistan for 2,5 years and i was really SHOCKED whats "normal for them" while i was there...

But i see you are from USA, i doubt you heard about these kind of things over sea... but it's kinda actual for us, folks in Europe :/
    Not everyone in that sub culture likes loli, more people actually prefers "plot"(big boobs) than "loli". And just because uncultured muslims do it doesn't mean rest of the world should do it too. And before you say that i am spreading hatred against a religion, you should know i live in a country where more than 90% are muslim and i was once a muslim too. Right now i don't give 2 tin shit about any religion, i only do what is right by human standard not by some fake god's will.

Myrdynn said:
    I don't think that is a 10 years old girl there, at least not in korean version, i mean 10 yaers old girl can't have that kind of big...ok i will stop. My younger sister who is a 25 years old woman still looks like a 15 years old girl, from height to body structure and honestly you will find lots of women of this size in asian territory due to our natural condition, so you can't really jump to the conclusion of a girl's age here just by their size. But on the main point here, the developers of the game is trying to promote "lolicon" with this character, which in my opinion pretty much serving the pedophiles, so like you i feel disgusted and never play small races in any mmorpg or any kind of games.

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited September 2015
    Myrdynn said:
      ... so like you i feel disgusted and never play small races in any mmorpg or any kind of games.
    dwarfs,hobbits,gnomes,goblins,halflings feels sad about what you just said >,..,<
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Looks like Trion is specialising on publishing cheap to get asian b-ware and making money from founder packs.

• DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I will keep my eye on this game, but it seems similar to Echo of Soul just from what I'm seeing minus things like not have to purchase certain things from the store. That part kind of sucks with Echo of Soul. I will have to look deeper though. Oh and someone said who cares to gender lock. Frankly, gender and race locked classes REALLY burn my ass. I know it's work, but it just seems like laziness. As a RPG, I MUST have control over how my character looks and feel. So, I'm not hopeful. That said, I really won't know until I play it. Also, a video would've been nice. :)
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    edited September 2015
    Myrdynn said:
    gender lock- meh, weapon lock BS, ability to play as a 10 yr old little girl, yep another crappy asian game
    Exactly. I am getting tired of this pedo crap being pushed more and more. Pop-culture over sexualizes children more and more as it is... Enter the Asian market and the obsession is disturbing.
    edited September 2015
    Myrdynn said:
      ... so like you i feel disgusted and never play small races in any mmorpg or any kind of games.
    dwarfs,hobbits,gnomes,goblins,halflings feels sad about what you just said >,..,<
    I can go with dwarf, halfling and hobbit because well they are not really presented in "that" way they are smaller than humans but they are not "that kind of" small, i am sure you know what i mean. Now gnomes, goblins and small fairies, some races in japanese, korean and chinese fantasy, well i am not going to go anywhere near them, it is just disgusting...
    Post edited by jesteralways on

edited September 2015
    DztBlk said:
    I will keep my eye on this game, but it seems similar to Echo of Soul just from what I'm seeing minus things like not have to purchase certain things from the store. That part kind of sucks with Echo of Soul. I will have to look deeper though. Oh and someone said who cares to gender lock. Frankly, gender and race locked classes REALLY burn my ass. I know it's work, but it just seems like laziness. As a RPG, I MUST have control over how my character looks and feel. So, I'm not hopeful. That said, I really won't know until I play it. Also, a video would've been nice. :)
    No, it is not like echo of souls, not by a long shot. It is like Diablo with huge open world maps and both instanced and non instanced areas.

And gender lock is not laziness, if you look at a western game without gender lock you will see most cases abilities animation for both male and female are exactly the same but in these games, specially eastern asian games; take great care in designing ability animations for male and female characters, thus unlike most of the western games, eastern games cost a lot more $$ to create male and female version of every ability. 

As for customization, you will have access to a lot of costumes, you can make your own unique set and make your character look different than others. here is a link to character creation :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1ynL7yR5FE

DMKano said:
    Myrdynn said:
    gender lock- meh, weapon lock BS, ability to play as a 10 yr old little girl, yep another crappy asian game
    Exactly. I am getting tired of this pedo crap being pushed more and more. Pop-culture over sexualizes children more and more as it is... Enter the Asian market and the obsession is disturbing.

Lolicon is very hard to understand in western culture, it is common in Asia, and it has nothing to do with pedophilia. That is the most common misconception in the west.

Lolicon fans are not pedophiles, just like FPS fans are not murderers.

As you can see i am not westerner but where i am from there are just too much child marriage and shit like that, i just can't approve of this "lolicon".

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    wait for wildstar f2p much better game