Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift | Into the Wild | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageRift | Into the Wild | MMORPG

Immediately after seeing the reveal for Atlas Reactor, Trion’s new game, at PAX Prime this weekend Rob Lashley along with Bill Murphy were given a glimpse of the new content coming to Trion’s flagship offering, RIFT. These will be added in RIFT’s update Into the Wilds. Read on for Rob’s synopsis of what Trion has in store.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Let see how they'll do with his so far the game losing it's taste over in the name of balance.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Let see how they'll do with his so far the game losing it's taste over in the name of balance.
    They are still destroying the game with "balance"? WOW!!! Thats the reason I quit it looooong time ago. Couple of months after release. They completely destroyed a couple of classes with their "balance" patch
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Are you talking about the nerfs to certain souls that are mostly used while solo leveling? yeah they did not need to that but who am i to judge? They obviously have more data regarding that.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited August 2015
    Are you talking about the nerfs to certain souls that are mostly used while solo leveling? yeah they did not need to that but who am i to judge? They obviously have more data regarding that.
    Many souls in the game needs work a ton of work, then working on the souls that need it. They end up spending more time on souls that don't need it to be turn now. Is a balance game the more time they spend on trying to balance the top souls in the game, when no mmo have balance there class the less time we see other souls in the game being worked on. So we end up less and less with a few option to play the class over time just been getting worst.

Is like there falling in to a trap like never ending balance on the wrong type that don't need to be tune now when other souls need it the most.

As I don't have problem with them trying to balance all the souls but they need to get there butt in gear work on souls that need it the most.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Many souls in the game needs work a ton of work, then working on the souls that need it. They end up spending more time on souls that don't need it to be turn now. Is a balance game the more time they spend on trying to balance the top souls in the game, when no mmo have balance there class the less time we see other souls in the game being worked on. So we end up less and less with a few option to play the class over time just been getting worst.

Is like there falling in to a trap like never ending balance on the wrong type that don't need to be tune now when other souls need it the most.

As I don't have problem with them trying to balance all the souls but they need to get there butt in gear work on souls that need it the most.
    Problem is that once a build is established more players play it and most of other builds become totally neglected and since more players play a certain build that build become subject to change due to enormous amount of data coming from players and sometimes unintentional use of the build that turns out to be unintended output of code. then comes the nerf bat and people switch to another build, which then after a few months faces the same nerf bat. I personally don't like these overbearing sense of balancing and fairness, it is impossible to completely balance every build, so i would prefer if every build would have some unintentional output which could only be obtained if a player is careful enough to study and explore that build. of course then only a handful of players would know how to do that but that would be a well earned output given they took the time to study the build thoroughly.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I left Rift when they killed PvP for good. I think patches of this size in a F2P game is wonderful however.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
    edited August 2015
    JDis25 said:
    I left Rift when they killed PvP for good. I think patches of this size in a F2P game is wonderful however.
    Don't think anything at this point thats big will bring back pvp like it was use too, to many games out there with have better pudding. As Rift pudding is not bad just not taste as good like it use too when it's less worked on.

• iDigDinosiDigDinos Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I used to love the heck out of this game, but got seriously frustrated over every single awesome mount being behind a lock box. I understand that they need lock boxes in order to entice free to play people to buy something once in a while but I don't mind outright buying the mount either. After not being able to log into the game for a week due to Glyph issues, I got annoyed and that was all she wrote. The Primalist class looks interesting and fun to play. I really do wish the company and game the best because they've provided me with hours of enjoyment when I did play. I think they need to also check into tweaking or fixing the dang game engine itself due to a myriad of graphical bugs that are rampant (grass appearing and disappearing every few minutes, character's faces turning white with blue eyes and green lips, etc).

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    If only Rift had a better graphics engine & combat animations...

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    What I liked about rifts were the animations and interesting classes.

What I disliked were the landscape graphics (they looked so cold, static and artificial) and the lack of choice on where to level up.

How is it doing in matters of users anyway?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)