Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Release Arrives After Successful Greenlight CampaignMO Mortal Online News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageSteam Release Arrives After Successful Greenlight CampaignMO Mortal Online News

The Mortal Online team has sent word that the game is now officially available via the Steam gaming platform a few months after a successful Greenlight campaign. To celebrate, a new trailer has been released. Check it out and then head to the Mortal Online Steam page to get started.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mmortexmmortex Member UncommonPosts: 12
    The game is not f2p . is unlimited trial / pay to paly full.
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    it is pretty much play up till a certain skill then when you need more to further yourself you have to be a subscriber.. Its always been this way now for ages, I bet even the thief skills are still behind the lvl 100 sub skill book area.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2015
    F2P wasn't mentioned here. :D In fact, in a large box at the top of its Steam page, it says it's a subscription game with a recurring monthly fee.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    This should be fun... (to watch)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Has anyone ever called you a thorn?  =)  So funny.
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Their site said Unlimited Trial, skills capped at 60 in trial.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    "The Mortal Online team has sent word that the game is now officially available via the Steam gaming platform a few months after a successful Greenlight campaign"

LOL, their idea of a few months and the rest of the worlds idea of a few months is vastly different.  They got greenlighted almost two years ago didnt they?  It took them this long to get the game in a condition that Steam would accept it and Steam accepts some pretty terrible games.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    "The Mortal Online team has sent word that the game is now officially available via the Steam gaming platform a few months after a successful Greenlight campaign"

LOL, their idea of a few months and the rest of the worlds idea of a few months is vastly different.  They got greenlighted almost two years ago didnt they?  It took them this long to get the game in a condition that Steam would accept it and Steam accepts some pretty terrible games.
    Yes.. two years ago: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/mortal-online-has-been-greenlit.91526/

Keep in mind that the game actually "released" over 5 years ago...  It's been so long that even "I" have lost interest.  but I'll watch this Steam Release to see if any fun nuggets pop up.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Hulluck said:
    Has anyone ever called you a thorn?  =)  So funny.
    Only in polite company.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Any thread about MO is bound to be riveting. 

I self identify as a monkey.

• lorddarkalorddarka Member UncommonPosts: 26
    game has alot of depth, unmatched crafting system thats actually very good. pvp isnt bad game has issues but if the population was there it would be great.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453
    lorddarka said:
     but if the population was there it would be great.
    Sums up pretty much every hardcore PVP MMO

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Im surprised anyone pays for it tbh.....It does appeal to the "I have to be the best" PVPer out there but for us mainstreamers it is not much fun.......I dont know if they ever took out the jumping in front of other players when they were engaged in PVE to have them deliver first blow then they get killed....It had some bad things about it just wasnt interested very long.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    edited September 2015
    lorddarka said:
     but if the population was there it would be great.
    Sums up pretty much every MMO made by a team of inexperienced and incompetent devs
    Fixed it for you. Unfortunately those seem to be the only dev teams actually focusing on these types of games in the past several years. MO, Darkfall, etc. At least Gloria Victis is shaping up to be a great game so far, and they actually have a pretty competent team behind it. At the very least they're a team that actually communicates with and listens to their players without delaying for months with lies about what is going on. Great community involved in the game so far as well.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I have heard mainly bad things about this game so have never picked it up. Anyone have a positive spin on it?

I like the idea of games like this or Darkfall and Gloria Victis, but I found Darkfall boring (too much grinding for resources) and the UI really clunky, Gloria Victis looks great but from the videos I've watched I can't tell if the combat is engaging/well done, and the MO videos also look quite clunky to me.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    edited September 2015
    YashaX said:
    I have heard mainly bad things about this game so have never picked it up. Anyone have a positive spin on it?

I like the idea of games like this or Darkfall and Gloria Victis, but I found Darkfall boring (too much grinding for resources) and the UI really clunky, Gloria Victis looks great but from the videos I've watched I can't tell if the combat is engaging/well done, and the MO videos also look quite clunky to me.

Why don't you try it out yourself? It's still free to test. I like it alot, but due to real life taking most of my time I can't dedicate the time MO requires from me. So it's not a casuall MMO. But it's one of a kind, and if you can live with some bugs etc, there is a really gr8 game to be found. But I wouldn't listen to me or the haters. I would test it for myself.