Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Update is a Game-Changer (in a Good Way!)D3 Diablo 3 News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageLatest Update is a Game-Changer (in a Good Way!)D3 Diablo 3 News

Fast forward to today, and we have the recent deployment of the v2.3.0 patch that is the largest to date and one that is packed with a new location, a new season tracker and Kanai's Cube, a modernized version of Diablo 2's Horadric Cube. What it all comes down to is that this is the meatiest, game experience patches in D3's history, short of the RoS expansion itself.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    been playing it since friday- its been very good indeed!
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    edited August 2015
    This game is great in short spurts. I play with a friend of mine and we chat over skype and have a grand ol time. The game has changed a lot since I last played (Season 2) and for the better. Sometimes games don't need to be overly complex and just having fun blowing up stuff and getting loot is as simple as it needs to be.

Kanai's Cube is a nice addition and I've got a nice stockpile of gear in my stash for when I will eventually get around to extracting the unique traits from legendaries that aren't necessarily useful. My friend made an Ancient item his first time doing the rare item conversion and was really happy about that.

All in all, the game continues to trend in the right direction from a fun perspective.
    Post edited by nbtscan on
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    I'll probably play a week or 2 and quit until the next major patch / expansion again. They're all nice additions, but It's just not that appealing playing the same content again just to be a little stronger then before That said, It's a great patch, It's really awesome that they're patching things this sizable in for free!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'll probably play a week or 2 and quit until the next major patch / expansion again. They're all nice additions, but It's just not that appealing playing the same content again just to be a little stronger then before That said, It's a great patch, It's really awesome that they're patching things this sizable in for free!
    I have this sneaking suspicion that a new expansion will be announced at Blizzcon. I can't be the only one who noticed that D3 was the lone game without a presence at Gamescom earlier this month. I'm banking on an expack. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'm betting on that too, @SBFord. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205
    SBFord said:
    I have this sneaking suspicion that a new expansion will be announced at Blizzcon. I can't be the only one who noticed that D3 was the lone game without a presence at Gamescom earlier this month. I'm banking on an expack. :D
    D3 is years removed from release and it's last expansion, and yet we all run back to it when a new season starts. That said a new expansion just feel like a must and a no brainer. IMO this needs to happen soon. Within the next year we really need a new expansion with a huge addition in viable content outside of doing Greater Rifts. Perhaps a complete addition of new skills and runes for ALL classes, definitely a new class (OMG PLEASE BE A NECRO) and maybe an address to some of the lack of social aspects of the game. Players have been asking for PvP since, well launch? Trying to balance D3 for PvP sounds like a nightmare and I can understand if that in itself is a reason why we have not seen it, but with a game like this what else can you work on? More legendaries? More sets? Higher Grifts? It's kind of like the WoW problem with xpacs, how long until the loot treadmill just feels dull and nobody cares?

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    NECRO? YUSSSSSSSSS! Please! :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    the game is so huge now-its in the blizzard expac family !- i just wish they actually sold DLC more frequent.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    edited September 2015
    xenorace said:
    SBFord said:
    D3 is years removed from release and it's last expansion, and yet we all run back to it when a new season starts. That said a new expansion just feel like a must and a no brainer. IMO this needs to happen soon. Within the next year we really need a new expansion with a huge addition in viable content outside of doing Greater Rifts. Perhaps a complete addition of new skills and runes for ALL classes, definitely a new class (OMG PLEASE BE A NECRO) and maybe an address to some of the lack of social aspects of the game. Players have been asking for PvP since, well launch? Trying to balance D3 for PvP sounds like a nightmare and I can understand if that in itself is a reason why we have not seen it, but with a game like this what else can you work on? More legendaries? More sets? Higher Grifts? It's kind of like the WoW problem with xpacs, how long until the loot treadmill just feels dull and nobody cares?
    There is PvP in D3. It's called the forums. Agree, D3 is due for an expansion. After all, Diablo is once again loose in the world. And that just can't be, can it, nephalem? I think we're more likely to get a Druid than and Necromancer. Witch Doctor is the pet class and dark magic class. But there isn't really a shapeshifter or a nature based attack class. As for 2.3, I played the PTR extensively and can say that the new sets coupled with Kanai's Cube are game changing. Updated skills for many classes really put a new spin on stuff previously fairly useless. I played Crusader with Falling Sword and found it actually acceptable. Keeping my fingers crossed for an expansion.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Interesting. May have to give it a shot again. Hopefully it can keep me interested for more than a few weeks like it failed to do in the past.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Game changer? Nope. Same shit different month if you ask me. FotM gets rotated, new sets are introduced, monks are still bullshit OP, wizards are still garbage. Season 4 would have lasted longer than a day if the campaign 4 wasn't broken. As far as future expacs are concerned it's Arreat related with a druid release, ezgame ezlife. At least Tree of Savior is a step in the right direction for the genre, the last Iso-arpg that had any substance and variety was MedianXL, but then again I never played Grimdawn, maybe one day I'll try it out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    New class? Gief Goblin Alchemist!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2015
    I do like the ideas behind the Cube however ALL of this content patch is just statistical changes with a few new items and a new map.I don't like that map at all,i can't stand maps that are full of Fog.It is bad enough with the locked camera to remove good visuals but adding fog just makes it even worse.

Rehashing the worst gaming idea in gaming's history...TIERS.Complete a new tier and get a new title/badge whatever,it is just meaningless reasons to grind longer.

Removing some restrictions and streamlining the game,i see everything as a push to cater to their fanbase,exactly the way Wow is operated.They are right all players want to do in gaming is kill to get loot,i wish developers would put more effort into their games so this was not the case.

You know ,let's make a game ,not just a loot finder and title achiever.However i can definitely tell this is what their fanbase wants and they are catering to that,so i guess it is a smart move for them.However is it what they really want,i mean Wow is losing players and all it is a tier grinder.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    hey you guys remember when torchlight 2 was way better than this game and was going to destroy it forevar?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Was not impressed, the new area is small and has no bosses that I could find.  Still a much better game when played with others