Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Five Reasons You Should Be Playing Marvel Heroes - The List at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageFive Reasons You Should Be Playing Marvel Heroes - The List at MMORPG.com

Hey folks! If you’ve been with us here at MMORPG.com for a while, you’ll already know that we run this weekly feature called The List for everything related to MMOs and RPGs - because who doesn’t like itemizing things?! For the past while, David Jagneaux has been penning the column, and he’s done a spectacular job with it.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Good list, Som (didn't even know you played!). I can't stand Squirrel Girl, though. :P I had to mute the game and basically turn my brain off while leveling her for her synergy.
  • BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    3) It’s the Closest Thing We’re Going to Get to Ultimate Alliance Right Now ...pretty much this.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    its one of my 3 'collect stuff' games, along with Warframe, and Trove, which I just rediscovered and found its really fairly fun.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i like reason #1 If they are willing to go as far as to do another rebranding, i have hopes they would also be willing to port the game to consoles some day. Ill be waiting for that day before playing again.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    i like reason #1 If they are willing to go as far as to do another rebranding, i have hopes they would also be willing to port the game to consoles some day. Ill be waiting for that day before playing again.
    They announced controller support at PAX, so I wouldn't be surprised!
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    When i 1st played it, the game looked like it was Legends/UA with multiplayer option added to it. It did not feel like it was anything to be excited about. And then there was their abysmal downloader/launcher, took me 2 days to download the game because i had network error twice and their downloader/launcher did not have resume support. next time there was a patching for some reason despite opening the launcher with admin privilege and without any kind of network error patch download always stopped at 90% and then started from 0%. At that point i had enough of that and deleted the game and never looked back.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• sominatorsominator Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 53
    MikeB said:
    Good list, Som (didn't even know you played!). I can't stand Squirrel Girl, though. :P I had to mute the game and basically turn my brain off while leveling her for her synergy.
    Haha fair enough! :)
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    One of my favorite games. I'm in altoholic heaven.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    1 reason not to; you already have D3 bought ;) sorry couldn't resist, i liked MH, good game but overall progression (both cosmetically and mechanically) and endgame left me wanting. Not to mention all the commendations and crafting mess, bleh.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    While the devs keep promising on the forums more PVP focuses on patch and fixes they haven't done anything for pvp.
  • NoxcardNoxcard Member UncommonPosts: 30
    1 reason not to; you already have D3 bought ;) sorry couldn't resist, i liked MH, good game but overall progression (both cosmetically and mechanically) and endgame left me wanting. Not to mention all the commendations and crafting mess, bleh.
    D3, path of exile,torchlight 2, titans quest, diablo 2... nvm pretty much any game is better to play over marvel enless you just want to play something with marvel copyrighted characters. I would play quite a few browser games over marvel heroes, but thats just my opinion. I dont like what they do with the game personally, their idea of adding content is adding collect 1000 of this item so you can get another item for that new gear spot we just gave you. How about raising level caps, adding skills, scenario missions with procedural generated content. I dont want a game where I hit max level and then I am expected to pick a new hero. I want the game to let me grow with 1 hero and continue progressing with him.
  • goth1cgoth1c Member UncommonPosts: 79
    5) level 10 you cant really see how a characther really behave 4)cool ones are very rare and "expensive" I am not a marvel fan still managed to have some fun in this game, but unless you a marvel fan you wont stick around for too long on it, still they getting the game better and better always puting updates and new stuff thats way better then most games out there, wish them and all their players the best.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    MikeB said:
    They announced controller support at PAX, so I wouldn't be surprised!
    Nice! well i am happy with either controller support on pc or a console port. Im not a point and click player so this is great news. Thanks

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

I actually do like Marvel Heroes for what it is. It's fun, at least for a while. But I do wish they would focus more on producing actual content to do with your characters rather than just adding more characters.

That said, there are a lot of better ARPG's out there and coming out soon. I just started playing in the beta for Grim Dawn(made by the developers of Titan Quest) and I have to admit, it is pretty fantastic. I am also looking forward to Umbra which is possibly the best looking ARPG I have seen yet. And of course we still have Path of Exile. It's a good thing that the future of ARPG's is looking good. I was worried I would be stuck playing D3 (*cringe*). I just like my ARPG's to actually have some real build customization and all of these options give one plenty.

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Nailzzz said:

I actually do like Marvel Heroes for what it is. It's fun, at least for a while. But I do wish they would focus more on producing actual content to do with your characters rather than just adding more characters.

That said, there are a lot of better ARPG's out there and coming out soon. I just started playing in the beta for Grim Dawn(made by the developers of Titan Quest) and I have to admit, it is pretty fantastic. I am also looking forward to Umbra which is possibly the best looking ARPG I have seen yet. And of course we still have Path of Exile. It's a good thing that the future of ARPG's is looking good. I was worried I would be stuck playing D3 (*cringe*). I just like my ARPG's to actually have some real build customization and all of these options give one plenty.

A new hero comes out every month regardless. They have teams that focus on different aspects of the game, so putting out a hero monthly or not putting one out won't change the content amount as they have a team for this as well. They just put out a new event which had a new zone and The Danger Room, Chapter 10 and a new patrol zone are coming very soon. Quality content takes time.
  • bandee817bandee817 Member CommonPosts: 3
    #5 is not relevant, you don't even need to spend real money, you can unlock heroes with in-game currency which is frop very often randomly in the game :) but nice list!
  • BallisticzBallisticz Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited August 2015
    this list should be Six reason's cause they announced controller support as of pax listed Here: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/167730/the-future-of-mh-costumes-chapter-10-stash-tabs-nick-fury-n-more-updated-08-30-15/p1 here:http://arcademy.net/forum/index.php/topic,165.120.html & here Lastly: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=459431&page=28 which also makes this game one more step closer to heading to (possibly ported)consoles some time in the future
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    I was curious to see what the reasons were. Unfortunately, I didn't find any of the reasons compelling. Mainly due to the fact that I just found the game to be another boring ARPG. And truthfully, most of those are just not my cup of tea. I don't want to *play* a Marvel character, I want to make my own and play in the Marvel Universe. Every 6 months, I decide to check it back out but the gameplay is just so weak that I can't remain for more than a couple of days.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited September 2015
    Fun game but they've chosen to take the game in directions that won't help it grow or attract players from other ARPGs. The shop model is definitely a detriment when compared to other ARPGs. They've reached the saturation point on new heroes and really haven't come up with a way to keep people paying.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I found it to be very fun in small doses, and for some people who love the genre it has some meat to sink your teeth into. The characters are pretty diverse and even within the same character support some pretty diverse playstyles. 

They are prompt with updates, the rotating events and continually expanding cast of characters keep it semi-fresh. It was a good enough F2P game that I felt comfortable spending money and supporting the developer, and I still have a few characters I need to level up and play it occasionally (on Monday Mayhem!)
  • sankarea744sankarea744 Member CommonPosts: 3
    Here's Five Reasons Why I Stopped Playing Marvel Heroes: 1. Lack of Meaningful Content: New content only means new heroes, costumes and store items. There's still only 2 raids (4 if you count difficulty). What's the point of new heroes if you're still running the same handful of content? 2. Really Repetitive...and Not the Good Kind 3. Bugs, Bugs, Bugs 4. BigAssed Patch Updates...Even For Little Updates 5. New Name, Same Issues: Seriously, just pick a name and stick with it. Unless they're doing something that dramatically changes the game, rebranding from Marvel Heroes 2015 to Marvel Heroes 2016 looks like nothing but a cheap and pathetic way to get rid of the old bad reviews.
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    While I generally like the game, it gets boring pretty quickly. Generally speaking 99.9% of gear drops aren't very exciting. Now that heroes don't drop, that excitement is also gone. Splinters while I understand the need for them, are boring, there is no excitement involved in getting a splinter. Because the game is pretty grindy anyway, having a chance at something like a hero dropping would keep me happily grinding away.
    edited September 2015
    well the new content as I put those link the next piece of content will be the skrull invasion they just put out limbo last week . up are in
    edited September 2015
    Torval said:
    If they do controller support right it will be huge. I play Victor Vran with a controller and it's so much more fun than fiddling with M+K.
    yeah they stated they were looking at the game guanlet and I think divinity original sin the first game as far as controller support also a player ofthegame called bica helped with his own program prior to this to get get the ball rolling. so that that helped alot as well. here's the link to Bica's thread there onthe marvel hereos forum where the Dev said this http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/131071/bicas-controller-support/p5 ^^ you should head to page one for the work Bica added to them making controller support happen as well.
    edited September 2015
    jbombard said:
    While I generally like the game, it gets boring pretty quickly. Generally speaking 99.9% of gear drops aren't very exciting. Now that heroes don't drop, that excitement is also gone. Splinters while I understand the need for them, are boring, there is no excitement involved in getting a splinter. Because the game is pretty grindy anyway, having a chance at something like a hero dropping would keep me happily grinding away.
    In your case I'd suggest you play on holiday events like Christmas season then they almost always do some heroes and team ups drops . Especially with their anniversary season. and Halloween st. Patric's day etc. you miss those even and you miss the heroes. they still do hero drops you just have to pay attention to the event via their news letter from the site via their E-mail . you miss those event and no one can help you further.