Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you satisfied with your current MMO?

mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
edited August 2015 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Based on various threads, there are a lot of people who eagerly await the next big thing. There are also people who have many issues with different games, so I acknowledge that your current game might not be perfect. So the answer I'm trying to get to is 'Despite all of it's faults, are you content to play the current game, or is it a filler/chore to occupy your time until the next game?'

I self identify as a monkey.

Comments

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,785
    I voted "Not playing anything and waiting on the next thing."

But I'm not waiting for the next thing. I'm hoping for a complete overhaul that I don't expect to ever see. Mostly because gamers can't seem to pull their heads out of their arses. They aren't happy, but want more of the same just do it so it makes them happy again. They're crack babies.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Once upon a time....

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Not playing mmos at the moment. Still saving to build my new PC so i can go back to GW2. Meanwhile im too busy replaying Dragon Age Inquisition.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Not actually unhappy with the titles I play, but I'm aware of the errors in many of them and the room to change/grow, subsequently kind of waiting to see what developments are made in the future.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• trisoxtrisox Member UncommonPosts: 51
    got into archeage again. started over with a buddy. Having quite the fun tbh. BDO died for me when they switched from Sandbox to singleplayer and iam not really in the mood for themepark B&S.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I am hoping that WIldstar or BnS will bring me back to the roster.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    edited August 2015
    Currently playing a lot of Pirate 101. Community demographics seem to change wildly based on time of day and even day of week, but people tend to be very social n this game. Been avoiding wikis and guides except for one particular "find 6 around the zone" quest. I like turn-based combat, and this is one of the few that offers it in an MMO. 

EDIT: This forum's feature of putting a person's vote on their post is pretty cool. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Loktofeit said:
    Currently playing a lot of Pirate 101. Community demographics seem to change wildly based on time of day and even day of week, but people tend to be very social n this game. Been avoiding wikis and guides except for one particular "find 6 around the zone" quest. I like turn-based combat, and this is one of the few that offers it in an MMO. 

EDIT: This forum's feature of putting a person's vote on their post is pretty cool. 
    I really liked Pirate 101, however the questing system just stops at a certain point and restricts you behind a pay wall. Is it still like this? 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I am waiting for the game that takes a different approach and while waiting I play all sorts of regular games. The more I play regular games the further away I feel like playing an mmorpg again.

I have this weird hope that eq next, camelot unchained, crowfall or star citizen could bring me back but at this point I am starting to doubt it.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I'm really enjoying EVE right now, if only I could swing a broadsword now and then.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Currently in FF14. Happily playing here and there and slowly working towards my goal of being a Grandmaster DoH. Another two or three weeks to go on that. Plus I've gotten interested in leveling a dragoon. Plenty to do as a whole still!

Wouldn't say no to a new MMO, but I don't think there is anything even on the drawing board that would be able to tickle all my buttons.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    As limited as the poll is, I'm surprised it's skewed positive.  My starting hypothesis was that it was gonna skew negative based on the overall negative threads.  Kinda refreshing that it isn't all gloom and doom. 

I self identify as a monkey.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Rictis said:
    Loktofeit said:

I really liked Pirate 101, however the questing system just stops at a certain point and restricts you behind a pay wall. Is it still like this? 
    Wizard 101 is like that too, it is actually a P2P game with a free trial area.  The price is pretty reasonable for a main MMO, but not if it's something you only want to play once in a while.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Between ultima online and EQ2 I am in a very happy place.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    mgilbrtsn said:
    As limited as the poll is, I'm surprised it's skewed positive.  My starting hypothesis was that it was gonna skew negative based on the overall negative threads.  Kinda refreshing that it isn't all gloom and doom. 
    There seems to be a group of people on these forums that basically hate mmos, but they try to convince themselves and anyone who will listen that the problem is with the young people, all games now are crap, etc, etc.

From what I have seen they tend to keep posting similar threads about how bad everything is and basically troll their own threads to keep them alive, which is probably why it looks like everything is doom and gloom. 

You rarely see long threads about how great something is because those tend to die out quickly. Most threads don't get much airtime without  a voice of dissent or an old man with a chip on his shoulder about the younger generation, reminiscing about the days of yore and/or ranting excitedly about a game years from release that promises to bring back the days of his youth.

• downnicedownnice Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I am not really play one hardcore in particular but I have actually been dipping my toes back into Runescape and personally I have been enjoying myself on there.

Community is not the same though and honestly that is the only major issue I have with it

Might also play some more EVE in the future
  • NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

I'm taking a break from MMO's for the most part. It just seems like every time I find one I really enjoy, they add some update or change in design direction that ruins the game for me. Either that or they shut it down or put it in maintenance mode which makes it hard to stay with because your playing a game that your unsure when they are going to pull the plug on. I am keeping my ear to the ground though here in case something pops up that looks good.

Instead I have been exploring ARPG's which is the genre that led me to MMO's. It's actually a pretty good time for those right now. I'm currently loving the beta for Grim Dawn. Also eagerly awaiting the launch of the enhanced release of the Van Helsing trilogy. I have also been checking out games on kickstarter. Recently backed a really amazing looking ARPG called Umbra. As soon as I get payed, I am planning on throwing some cash at Everspace which looks like the neatest space ship game I have seen since it also incorporates RPG elements without being as tedious and boring as most games in the space sim genre.

I am also keeping my eye on Valiance Online and City of Titans as potential replacements for CoH which I really miss right now.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    I checked 5 for love it. Playing EQ TLP right now, but I have equal affection for P99. 

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I play and test multiple games. The one game I currently play the most is World of Warships. For some reason I just love this game and its not an mmorpg by any means.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    5 - Much better than satisfied, I love it.

Playing FFXIV in my way and I am not playing keeping up with the Jones's 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Playing Heroes Charge, MOBA/RPG hybrid on Android tablet.  Best fun I've had in years.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Rictis said:
    Loktofeit said:

The sell the chapters individually.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Playing Skyforge right now and its enough to fill the void till something better comes along and I dont see anything better coming along any time soon. Unless @DMKano predictions of some unknown MMOs hitting 2015 like he said. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Nailzzz said:

I'm taking a break from MMO's for the most part. It just seems like every time I find one I really enjoy, they add some update or change in design direction that ruins the game for me. Either that or they shut it down or put it in maintenance mode which makes it hard to stay with because your playing a game that your unsure when they are going to pull the plug on.

Hm, that does seem to be a disturbing trend with developers.  It's like developers have no real set direction in most games as to how they want things.

Instead of devs having a plan to legitimately evolve their game over time, it often feels like they are just slapping whatever they stumble across onto their games and destroying their own products.
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    I went for^ because it is probably the average across the several mmos I play. I currently play: -

• ESO, which I enjoy a lot in terms of the world, lore and well-developed quest phasing.
    • Defiance to get my TPS fix, and while I love the combat, as an mmo it is mediocre; and, 
    • DCUO because the combat is interesting and it takes place in a colourful, fun world.