Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageFree Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are terms you’re hearing kicked about with some frequency these days.  Granted, they’ve been staples of the technological lexicon for several decades now, but this is really the first time I’ve heard them uttered sans the dreamy expression that had once been their standard accompaniment.  That’s mostly because the idea is…

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jtripperjtripper Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Oculus CV1 has improved on the ergonomics, as pretty much every preview of it has commented on how much better it feels to wear it. Plus, you have to make sure your machine can handle 1920 x 1080 (960 x 1080 per eye) @ 75 Hz *locked*. If the FPS drops even just by a few frames, you will have jutter and other visual issues that is largely the cause of headaches and eye strain. With CV1, your machine should be able to render 2160 x 1200 (1080 x 1200 per eye) @ 90 Hz consistently. The CV1 also has improved optics and latency to further reduce negative effects. So test it out. If your rig can't even do that on your monitor, it won't be a pleasant experience on the Oculus.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Unless i am confused ,what does Occulus  have to do with FREE mobile mmorpg's ?

BTW i think it foolish to get into VR right now,you will pay more for silly hardware than you will get in improvements your game.The early concepts will be nothing more than extending views develoeprs will not put any effort to cater to VR in their games,not for a VERY long time,maybe get back to this in the year 2025.

If you notice the trend of developers is .....wait for it >>>CHEAP..Aka Moba's,browser games,side scrollers,Diablo type games etc etc,devs are interested in spending LESS time and money not more.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Wizardry said:
    Unless i am confused ,what does Occulus  have to do with FREE mobile mmorpg's ?

BTW i think it foolish to get into VR right now,you will pay more for silly hardware than you will get in improvements your game.The early concepts will be nothing more than extending views develoeprs will not put any effort to cater to VR in their games,not for a VERY long time,maybe get back to this in the year 2025.

If you notice the trend of developers is .....wait for it >>>CHEAP..Aka Moba's,browser games,side scrollers,Diablo type games etc etc,devs are interested in spending LESS time and money not more.
    I think what he is getting at is that gaming in general will become tied to VR and will no longer need us to buy computers or console, everyone uses a common VR set and buys a digital copy of game they want to play, then they can just hook up VR set with internet anywhere and access the game server to play without download or whatsoever.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Good article.
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    I think what he is getting at is that gaming in general will become tied to VR and will no longer need us to buy computers or console, everyone uses a common VR set and buys a digital copy of game they want to play, then they can just hook up VR set with internet anywhere and access the game server to play without download or whatsoever.
    Close. I was talking about Augmented Reality with respect to the more mobile market. Basically, you overlay reality with data that enhances or augments it in some way. That pub becomes a dungeon, or the library becomes a capture the flag point. The idea of systems that create games out of the mundane haven't been super popular, but they've been around for a while. There was a game where folks tried to assassinate each other in California several years ago, I believe. Then, there are some forms of LARP that something like that, as well. Augmented Reality is useful in all sorts of non-game situations, which makes it like the PC and cellphones in that folks will likely be attracted to it for serious reasons, but I think it's also likely to prove a great base for games. Hopefully that makes more sense...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2015

Well anyway an example is the EDIbear game someone showing it's application on a samsung phone. As expected useless applications.I see this more like when Minecraft first came out,some people will think cool but in reality it is just fiddling around on their mobile devices.

This is something that is totally not needed,just more gimmicks trying to cash in on the mobile market that is already was over priced. Could the concept be viable for say the military or something,well of course there never seems to be a shortage of tax payers money to spend.

No matter it still needs someone to put in the work to make applications that work with each particular game and if an outside source we are talking about licensing fees and BOTH would want to profit so an over the top price is added. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAP2_2INGDs

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    that will be very painful to use for hours.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I assume those huge sized goggles will be seen with the same weird feeling as we look back to 1985 "mobile" phones. (Watch Miss Ellie in old Dallas episodes.) Someday it will become commonplace, but in 20 years, when technology has advanced. Now, it will be a fun gizmo for the rich kids.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert