Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devilian | PAX Prime 2015 Hands-On with the Action MMORPG | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageDevilian | PAX Prime 2015 Hands-On with the Action MMORPG | MMORPG

Every time Suzie Ford and I chat about Diablo, I always wind up bemoaning the lack of fantasy MMORPGs that play like Diablo. I really and thoroughly enjoy action RPGs. I have since D1 first scared the crap out of me with the Butcher. You’ll imagine my excitement then that Trion and Bluehole Ginno’s Devilian really is every bit the Action MMORPG I’ve been wanting for over a decade.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Nice write-up! Color me intrigued (but use a soft brush - I'm delicate).

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    edited August 2015
    I know I shouldn't, but I'm very tempted to spend money on this...
  • garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284
    video please...
     :p 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Taking a wait and see approach to this game.  Since the Koreans did not like it, might be something that plays well in the western market, but if you invest in one of the founders packs you either have more money than you know what to do with or enjoy tilting at windmills.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    It's "modus operandi".
  • ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    edited August 2015
    Too bad they couldn't go with En Masse as their publisher again. I had a really positive experience with En Masse.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited August 2015
    Zarriya said:
    Too bad they couldn't go with En Masse as their publisher again. I had a really positive experience with En Masse.
    Who knows but there 2nd game Zombies Monsters Robots not doing so hot.
  • BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Meh, just seeing the prices reminds me of Archeage...wait till release and see what's up I guess. No more upfront money for Trino from me.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    garrett said:
    video please...

Pay attention to your own site, noob. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

DMKano said:
    garrett said:
    video please...

That's a Korean version - Trion covers her up completely with armor on their site.

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/

Ok, but the video of the gameplay is still a good indicator of what the game plays like... which is what @Garrett wanted. (FTR, I care eff-all about whether or not art is censored between releases, but I prefer fully-clothed combatants. Makes more sense.)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    stop this Trion nonsense ....too much trion on this site. wheres the rest of the PAX coverage?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Ozmodan said:
    Taking a wait and see approach to this game.  Since the Koreans did not like it, might be something that plays well in the western market, but if you invest in one of the founders packs you either have more money than you know what to do with or enjoy tilting at windmills.
    That's my stance. I'm certainly not excited about it like I am for Lineage Eternal.
  • XanzoXanzo Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Feature rich game, but still gender and weapon locked. /smh I'll still play it.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    For me it looks like any other asian top down rpg... I dont see the difference from the gameplay videos
  • StranaStrana Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Given Trion's history with AA. If you really want to buy a founder pack for this, at least make sure your payment goes through paypal so you have better options for refunds.
    Zarkin86 said:
    stop this Trion nonsense ....too much trion on this site. wheres the rest of the PAX coverage?
    It's coming. You'll be surprised how few established MMOs were there or taking appointments. With the DLC today, ESO wasn't booking. FFXIV only had an interview op with the composer, and NCsoft stuff is all embargoed. I did get time with Colin and MO of ANet, which goes up tomorrow. In short, patience. :)

My Review Manifesto

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    DMKano said:
    garrett said:
    video please...

That's a Korean version - Trion covers her up completely with armor on their site.

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/

Ok, but the video of the gameplay is still a good indicator of what the game plays like... which is what @Garrett wanted. (FTR, I care eff-all about whether or not art is censored between releases, but I prefer fully-clothed combatants. Makes more sense.)
    And i prefer more boobs in my mmo :P.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• ysn888ysn888 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited August 2015
    TRİON ?!? meh.. After ArcheAge , never again . Game looks cool but they will always find a way to ' f ' it up .
    Post edited by ysn888 on
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    gender lock- meh, weapon lock BS, ability to play as a 10 yr old little girl, yep another crappy asian game
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited August 2015
    ysn888 said:
    TRİON ?!? meh.. After ArcheAge , never again . Game looks cool but they will always find a way to ' f ' it up .
    Myrdynn said:
    gender lock- meh, weapon lock BS, ability to play as a 10 yr old little girl, yep another crappy asian game
    Ignorance and hatred are powerful, they can unite people from around the world, one from istanbul another from CA, united in hatred and ignorance. damn!!! i might have made a great prologue to a movie!! Disclaimer : This is by no mean a personal attack or a mean to insult, just an observation.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Emm_Emm_OhhEmm_Emm_Ohh Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Will be playing

ArcheAge, ESO, Rift & other MMORPG Gameplays https://www.youtube.com/user/MMONerdStomper

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited August 2015
    im playing Thai version and its awesome... genderlock? cmon.. even PoE have it and no1 fking care and,hmm 10 yrs old lolis? image cmon2.... how can you not like my loli-gunnar? :P
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited August 2015
    Zarkin86 said:
    Like it or not, most companies don't care about MMOs anymore. Trino, SOE (maybe dying), Blizzard/Activision (kind of), Square-Enix, NCSoft and Funcom (probably dying) are the big ones I can think of off-hand that have more than 1 MMO in their catalog.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Thanks for refreshing my memory with the Hiveleaders video. If I want a decent ARPG, I'll go play D3 or some such. This seems like just another poorly designed import. Trion has really fallen on hard times, from their current choices of partners. Looks like their C suite needs to be cleaned out, and someone with respect for Trions brand installed.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • MaricMaric Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I'm much more interested in Umbra. The fact that they just closed Devilian down in two regions does not exactly instill confidence in the game. Oh, and Trion isn't aware Westerners don't like gender lock? Riighhht. Nice dodge there. I will give Devilian a shot. I just won't buy a pack until I try it out.