Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Imperial City DLC Arriving on PC Today | Elder Scrolls Online | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Imperial City DLC Arriving on PC Today | Elder Scrolls Online | MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online PC servers are down for maintenance pending the deployment of the Imperial City DLC. Servers went down at 8:00 am Eastern / 5:00 am Pacific and will be unavailable for an indeterminate amount of time. Be sure to keep an eye on the ESO forum for the official announcement of when servers are back online.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    EU wait an extra day as per usual...
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Yassss! Let the pc gamers test it first! WOOT Anyone know of agood place the see the glass armor?
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    This is the make or break for the dying PC pvp community of ESO. Let's hope ZOS proves different than their previous track record.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • seamonkey001seamonkey001 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    So what you are saying is that if the pvp sucks on pc, then it will be awesome on xbox1/ps4?

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Consoles are talkin 'bout Shaft. Can you dig it?
    -Chuckles
  • SagornSagorn Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I am not sure why ZoS keeps making terrible decisions.

Craglorn - What a terrible idea. The highest level zone has group only questing? Wow... what a bad idea. If you didn't get in on the rush when it was released, good luck getting anything done there.

Cyrodiil/IC - Let's put a ton of PvE content in a PvP zone. There's nothing better than just trying to complete your PvE stuff and getting gangraped by a bunch of gankers. You know your PvP sucks when you need to suck in a bunch of PvErs as sacrificial lambs for the sociopaths who like to wander around looking to pick off the sheep.

Storage - It has been bad for over a year. Anyone who plays much at all, especially multiple characters has always been tight on bank and inventory space. 240 SHARED banks slots? Wow... I bought a second account, just for mule space, which is also now full... including my mailbox. They announce you can BUY storage, but from what I understand, they haven't increased the cap. Ya.. that's helpful.

Those are 3 major bad decisions (at least for me) and it almost seems to me like they are purposely trying to push people out of the game. These issues caused me to stop playing for 6 months, and then I got bored and decided to come back and finish a few things off. I had hoped they might have learned something from their mistakes, but it looks like IC is going to be more of the same. They are more than likely going to lose my sub, as well as the several hundred dollars they could have made off the sale of storage space I would have gladly paid just to enjoy my game time more.

--Sagorn
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Sagorn said:

Craglorn - What a terrible idea. The highest level zone has group only questing? Wow... what a bad idea. If you didn't get in on the rush when it was released, good luck getting anything done there.

Cyrodiil/IC - Let's put a ton of PvE content in a PvP zone. There's nothing better than just trying to complete your PvE stuff and getting gangraped by a bunch of gankers. You know your PvP sucks when you need to suck in a bunch of PvErs as sacrificial lambs for the sociopaths who like to wander around looking to pick off the sheep.

Storage -

--Sagorn
    While I can agree with you about the storage, your first two issues are not "bad decisions" They are "different" decisions. Craglorn is supposed to be a group only area because it is essentially a version of "raid" for higher level characters. Putting pve content in pvp areas is for people who want to work with their guild to complete it therefore another type of content that fosters group participation. One could better question the decision to put group content mostly at the higher levels as opposed to fostering it throughout the game as the game seems to promote solo "questing" over group activities for most of the game. What can one say? Join a guild and participate.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Is native gamepad support coming with it?  I'm not trying to go back until it has that.
  • Overlord_NeizirOverlord_Neizir Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Is native gamepad support coming with it?  I'm not trying to go back until it has that.
    Why not? You could just get it on console...either that or play it properly.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Sagorn said:

Storage - It has been bad for over a year. Anyone who plays much at all, especially multiple characters has always been tight on bank and inventory space. 240 SHARED banks slots? Wow... I bought a second account, just for mule space, which is also now full... including my mailbox. They announce you can BUY storage, but from what I understand, they haven't increased the cap. Ya.. that's helpful.

Those are 3 major bad decisions (at least for me) and it almost seems to me like they are purposely trying to push people out of the game. These issues caused me to stop playing for 6 months, and then I got bored and decided to come back and finish a few things off. I had hoped they might have learned something from their mistakes, but it looks like IC is going to be more of the same. They are more than likely going to lose my sub, as well as the several hundred dollars they could have made off the sale of storage space I would have gladly paid just to enjoy my game time more.

--Sagorn
    I agree with only #1 really, Craglorn was a bad idea. They should have kept it difficult to solo and have plenty of group content within it, but not required to actually follow the plotline. PvE in PvP is fine, but I like open-pvp so.. Storage? Loot in general in this game was obnoxious.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Why not? You could just get it on console...either that or play it properly.
    How about you properly get a life and let people play games the way they like to.