Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release 21 Launched To Thousands Of Backers | Shroud of the Avatar | MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageRelease 21 Launched To Thousands Of Backers | Shroud of the Avatar | MMORPG.com

Shroud of the Avatar backers are invited by the team to log in to the game to check out Release 21 which launched on August 27th. The latest build includes the new use-based system, new creatures, crafting skills and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I like the feel of this game, with one BIG exception. The combat is absolutely horrible, ;( They are trying to ride the wave of nostalgia, but keeping the clunky & slow paced combat is a bad decision.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    When you cater to the whales, you tend to lose perspective, which is quite obvious in this game. The little guys will eventually notice that once the newness rubs off and disappear and then the whales will have no one to impress any more. I agree about the combat too, very clunky.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Ozmodan said:
    When you cater to the whales, you tend to lose perspective, which is quite obvious in this game. The little guys will eventually notice that once the newness rubs off and disappear and then the whales will have no one to impress any more. I agree about the combat too, very clunky.
    Yes, I agree with this.
    Cashing in before realease is a legitimate business strategy.

For me, in the medium long term, their strategy  won't work.

Another major game breaker for me is the extremely small and claustrophobic open zones.
    You really feel like boxed in a tiny place.

Not really sure this game will go places unless they overhaul parts of the design

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    How far away are they from hitting launch quality?
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Shaigh said:
    How far away are they from hitting launch quality?
    Honestly?

At the moment there is very little PvE content, the combat system is in process to be reviewed, and there is a serious lack of direction, at the moment it feels more like "Estate Agent Tycoon" rather than UO successor..

As it is now, the game is just a giant multi-zone instanced map with lots of player cities with fully functional player houses (Hundreds of decorations to choose from) some crafting, little PvE with no meaning and little else.

Ohhhh........ and the players characters look awful.

There is another couple of years to go IMO.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited August 2015
    I'm not a gamer that likes to focus on combat, so the current iteration is fine with me, but I have serious issues with the zone / world design. I hate the claustrophobic instances. I despise the lack of open world design. An interactive map between instances does not an open world make. It does not feel like an MMO to me. The lack of PvE content can be fixed, the world design needs a complete overhaul. I am a backer and very disappointed in the game so far.

• gameglazgameglaz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited August 2015
    Restricted PvP "on demand" made SotA uninteresting for all oldschool UO players. Trying to make UO-next-gen without full-loot PvP is just waste of time. -.-'''''' '' p.s. I play UO since 1999 till now %)
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    gameglaz said:
    Restricted PvP "on demand" made SotA uninteresting for all oldschool UO players. Trying to make UO-next-gen without full-loot PvP is just waste of time. -.-'''''' '' p.s. I play UO since 1999 till now %)
    You mean, except for the 70% of the UO players who moved to PVE servers after Trammel?   

The UO team fully understood that the griefing bad element that was attracted to unrestricted full loot PvP, they drove away paying customers.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.