Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of the Storm, Online MMO Game | Reviews | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageHeroes of the Storm, Online MMO Game | Reviews | MMORPG

Heroes of the Storm reviews at MMORPG.com. We have reviewed Heroes of the Storm and you can read it here.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Cons Iffy store pricing Lower skill ceiling may impact longevity I dont see how the pricing is any different from other MOBAs, its actually cheaper, there are no dumb runes to buy, just heroes, and skins. Which minus the skins can be bought with the gold in game. There is never a end to the bonus gold, there are daily quests which give you plenty. As for the Lower skill ceiling, I dont see how you got that one. I am lvl 40, with a few lvl 10 heroes, and its far from lower skill ceiling. All the characters take awhile to figure out how to play, and even when you do, have skill involved. Must be to you skill means, having to micromanage a bunch of runes, and sift through a dumb store of items. Because it this, there are skill shots, timing ults right, ect the average, but its actually alot harder than other mobas, because you have to work as a team. In games like HON and LOL, if one person manages to get fed, he can solo the whole team. There is no soloing a team in this, it just anit gonna happen. Even if you could solo a whole team, the objectives are way more important than killing the other team players. You could have a score of 30 kills vs 2 kills, and still lose.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    edited August 2015
    Cons Iffy store pricing Lower skill ceiling may impact longevity I dont see how the pricing is any different from other MOBAs, its actually cheaper, there are no dumb runes to buy, just heroes, and skins. Which minus the skins can be bought with the gold in game. There is never a end to the bonus gold, there are daily quests which give you plenty. As for the Lower skill ceiling, I dont see how you got that one. I am lvl 40, with a few lvl 10 heroes, and its far from lower skill ceiling. All the characters take awhile to figure out how to play, and even when you do, have skill involved. Must be to you skill means, having to micromanage a bunch of runes, and sift through a dumb store of items. Because it this, there are skill shots, timing ults right, ect the average, but its actually alot harder than other mobas, because you have to work as a team. In games like HON and LOL, if one person manages to get fed, he can solo the whole team. There is no soloing a team in this, it just anit gonna happen. Even if you could solo a whole team, the objectives are way more important than killing the other team players. You could have a score of 30 kills vs 2 kills, and still lose.
    Eh, dont bother. "High prices and no skill" is the narrative being driven. The truth doesnt matter here.

Yeah, you can get all of the Heroes for free, but it takes time and effort to get the gold to buy them.

And, people coming from LoL or Dota 2 will see that it doesnt have stupid complexity mechanics like items, last hitting, denying, etc and think that it takes no skill to play but in reality it is just different.

HotS does take a lot of skill at the high levels of play but you have to play differently and think differently. And many used to playing LoL or Dota 2 for years cant wrap their heads around HotS.

I see it all the time. Its pretty easy to spot a Dota 2 player in HotS.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited August 2015
    I don't like either LOL , Dota 2 or Smite, yet I don't mind this game.  It is really about team, if your team is not firing on all cylinders you are going to have problems.  Far as I am concerned this is a much better MOBA than the others.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    This is my first MOBA and I like it.
    Additionally I never paid a cent but I own heroes worth 50€ so I can live with the " Iffy store pricing"...
    Harbinger of Fools