Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a waist (waste)....!

GreatGatsbyGreatGatsby Member UncommonPosts: 19

I have to admit ...!

I got the game on steam and played if for about two weeks until i  realized that i was experiencing the same thing over and over again..!

This game got old... fast! I have been playing Starcitizen instead... even in its incomplete state it offers allot more than Elite... and just feels more developed..! 

This was a real letdown... and it feels like buying a big chocolate egg .... just to find its waiver thin and empty inside...

.... real waste of $$$ ...!

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    How big? More than 40"?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Read the title then came in expecting fat chicks. Leaving disappointed because OP meant waste.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by GreatGatsby

I have to admit ...!

I got the game on steam and played if for about two weeks until i  realized that i was experiencing the same thing over and over again..!

This game got old... fast! I have been playing Starcitizen instead... even in its incomplete state it offers allot more than Elite... and just feels more developed..! 

This was a real letdown... and it feels like buying a big chocolate egg .... just to find its waiver thin and empty inside...

Can you please expand on your statement about how Star Citizen "offers alot more than Elite?"

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

I have to admit ...!

Just two weeks?, you know nothing about the game. ED have a 1:1 Milky Way to explore, if you are bored doing missions just pick a star in the sky and jump into the void to see what you can find out there.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Originally posted by hikaru77

just pick a star in the sky and jump into the void to see what you can find out there.

At the moment ... not much that you can find there in 99,99 % of all systems ... except a procedurally generated star system without population.

E:D is a fun game if you interact with others and/or have an Oculus Rift and enjoy flying.

Have fun

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I have to admit ...!

Shameless Star Citizen plug. Game is nothing more then a shop scheme to buy ship hulls. :P

Release in.........2018?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Elite: Rubbish is an alpha, early access game dubbed a finished product. You can't get more scammy than that. You'll be watching a loading screen they call "super-cruise" for about 80% of your game time.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Elite is an example of any game made on a tight budget. The artwork, audio and moment-to-moment gameplay is fantastic and....that's where the cash appears to have run out.

I backed the game since Premium Beta and have reached the conclusion that, in its current state, it's not really a game. I am hoping one day it will be, but for now it's more of a space ship/galaxy simulator with some progress bars you can move from left to right (preferably while watching a movie on your 2nd screen) in the name of gameplay.

The diehard fans will say, this is how Elite and Elite II were, and that you have 400bn+ star systems to explore. But I'm sorry, for me that doesn't cut it. Elite Dangerous needs to be more than just a 2014 prettier replica of the previous Elite games, and exploration is nothing more than scanning and getting your name against a system on the galaxy map. If you want to know what exploration really is see No Man's Sky.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Vonatar said:

Elite is an example of any game made on a tight budget. The artwork, audio and moment-to-moment gameplay is fantastic and....that's where the cash appears to have run out.

I backed the game since Premium Beta and have reached the conclusion that, in its current state, it's not really a game. I am hoping one day it will be, but for now it's more of a space ship/galaxy simulator with some progress bars you can move from left to right (preferably while watching a movie on your 2nd screen) in the name of gameplay.

The diehard fans will say, this is how Elite and Elite II were, and that you have 400bn+ star systems to explore. But I'm sorry, for me that doesn't cut it. Elite Dangerous needs to be more than just a 2014 prettier replica of the previous Elite games, and exploration is nothing more than scanning and getting your name against a system on the galaxy map. If you want to know what exploration really is see No Man's Sky.

If you compare No Man's Sky and E:D, you would see how cartoonish ( like Wildstar ) and unrealistic ( bright space ) it really looks.

If you like cartoonish games like No Man's Sky, than it can't be helped, but i prefer games build on a great engine with stunning graphics especially when it comes to Space and Space Exploration.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Jonas_SG said:
    Vonatar said:

If you compare No Man's Sky and E:D, you would see how cartoonish ( like Wildstar ) and unrealistic ( bright space ) it really looks.

If you like cartoonish games like No Man's Sky, than it can't be helped, but i prefer games build on a great engine with stunning graphics especially when it comes to Space and Space Exploration.

You will note the comparison with No Man's Sky was in relation to how exploration works, not graphics.
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Elite = Doing the same thing over and over again and seeing pretty much the same stuff floating in space with different annoyances that can be over com by switching from Multiplayer to Single Player seemlessly.
    Its a waste of money IMHO as well.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Elite = Doing the same thing over and over again and seeing pretty much the same stuff floating in space with different annoyances that can be over com by switching from Multiplayer to Single Player seemlessly.
    Its a waste of money IMHO as well.
    Some people when looking up at the night sky, see same white dots, they shrug and move on with their everyday lives. Others dedicate their whole lives to study them.

This game isn't for everyone.  
    Vonatar said:
    You will note the comparison with No Man's Sky was in relation to how exploration works, not graphics.
    Sorry, when you put it that way, No Man's Sky have much better exploration than E:D has at this moment. I hope E:D will grow to be that way in the future.

• Alpha_ChinoAlpha_Chino Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Surprised he was coherent enough to put words in a sentence.  Otherwise,  pls mek moar pretty ships ,  hnnnngg!
  • kramsterkramster Member UncommonPosts: 93
    edited August 2015
    hikaru77 said:

I have to admit ...!

Just two weeks?, you know nothing about the game. ED have a 1:1 Milky Way to explore, if you are bored doing missions just pick a star in the sky and jump into the void to see what you can find out there.

Have to say that after 12 months playing ED I have yet to find anything of stunning importance in any system that is not repeated in many similar systems, and while the stars are as close as they can approximate the majority of planets are pure fiction so of no real interest in themselves. Not to mention that large areas are locked off for 'future content'  to all and I am not talking about 'permit' systems. If ED is about the exploration then that can be had for free http://en.spaceengine.org/ . ED was/is/and always will be a framework on which to hang meta games and RNG content. FD totally missed any chance they had to provide an interesting, deep, complex or meaningful game...the boat sailed with the pseudo science being the only evident fiction in a barren algorithm.

This version of Elite has gone backwards gameplay wise and is nothing more than a glossy copy of a game that was limited by 32bytes and 8 bits...should have been so much more, so sad, such a wasted opportunity