Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where Have All the Roleplayers Gone? - The Social Hub at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhere Have All the Roleplayers Gone? - The Social Hub at MMORPG.com

It's funny that the games we adore are called MMO-RPGs since it seems that much of the roleplay part of our games has disappeared. In our latest Social Hub column, we wonder where the roleplayers have gone and offer a few thoughts about how to recapture the magic. Read on and then leave your thoughts in the comments.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RykothRykoth Member CommonPosts: 3
    Roleplayers are alive and well. I know SWTOR, GW2, The Secret World, and EQ2 have healthy Roleplay Populations!
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    No where, its funny you show a screen shot of lotro when all you have to do is log on to Laurelin to see it's alive and kicking in that game.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    why are you linking an article thats 2 years old, is this forum that dead that you need ot relink old articles or no decent authors to write up new articles????

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    What happened is that 11 years ago, World of Warcraft hijacked the RPG crowd. They used it to build a viable player base then injected fps/action/instant gratification elements to attract a bigger and more lucrative kind of gamers.