Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10-Player Raids to Be Introduced with Heart of Thorns | Guild Wars 2 | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

image10-Player Raids to Be Introduced with Heart of Thorns | Guild Wars 2 | MMORPG.com

The Guild Wars 2 PAX Prime live stream is ongoing with the news that raids will be introduced. Notably, there is no attunement needed, no gear grind so when new raids are added, no "wasteland of gear" is left behind; players will be able to damage, control or heal and be able to play the profession they love.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited August 2015
    Welp there it is. GW2 has gone F2p.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    10 player raids, thats alot of dodging
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    GAME OVER

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    yup GW2 went F2P just like many MMOs because it was such an epic fail... oh wait .... /s

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• AzAsheronAzAsheron Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited August 2015
    No gear progression makes it less fun to raid imo.
    All these changes are live today, so we invite you to see for yourself. Test with a free account and see that it’s the same Guild Wars 2 you know and love; test with a veteran account and confirm that the community is protected.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Hate. Pretty much all I can say here. I mean, its all part of their plan to try and boost sales of HoT ... but now that the original game is considered "free" ... I mean the backlash alone.. I can't wait to see it. I don't really care.. apart from I know gold sellers are going to be much much worse now. Which makes no sense because the gold sellers always price their items above what you can buy it for in game. Raids .... make no sense... they say that the fractals take TOO long to complete... so they're cutting them down to one... then they're saying they want to add raids.. which usually are meant to take a long time. And what would the rewards even be? What is the purpose of that? I mean, precursor drops may make sense.. but if its a crapshoot most people will focus on guaranteed results in less time. I know they're trying.. and kudos to them for trying... just... I just... sometimes its hard to get behind what they do and what they're thinking. Fallout can't get here fast enough.

Hate. Pretty much all I can say here. I mean, its all part of their plan to try and boost sales of HoT ... but now that the original game is considered "free" ... I mean the backlash alone.. I can't wait to see it. I don't really care.. apart from I know gold sellers are going to be much much worse now. Which makes no sense because the gold sellers always price their items above what you can buy it for in game. Raids .... make no sense... they say that the fractals take TOO long to complete... so they're cutting them down to one... then they're saying they want to add raids.. which usually are meant to take a long time. And what would the rewards even be? What is the purpose of that? I mean, precursor drops may make sense.. but if its a crapshoot most people will focus on guaranteed results in less time. I know they're trying.. and kudos to them for trying... just... I just... sometimes its hard to get behind what they do and what they're thinking. Fallout can't get here fast enough.
    I really wonder what the rewards are of the raids as well, again no gear progression so... I have no idea
    We’ll also be introducing new rewards. Which rewards, you ask? We’ll talk about that in more detail a little later, but let’s just say they’re legendary… ;)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    You will get a precursor legendary armour from raiding.
    QSatu said:
    So there is gear progression? If is legendary armour and the rewards = the challange then good times ahead.
    while you're all ranting here cuz of F2P, good-hearted veteran players are going to starter areas welcoming the new players

illyana said:
    while you're all ranting here cuz of F2P, good-hearted veteran players are going to starter areas welcoming the new players
    uhm besides your attack on the comment, there is only 1 'rant' post about f2p? 
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Wonder if they'll be able to do raiding right in the game. I mean, DPS racing with 10 people is pretty much the same as DPS racing with 5 people.

Hopefully they somehow manage to place an emphasis on support and control more.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    AzAsheron said:
    QSatu said:
    So there is gear progression? If is legendary armour and the rewards = the challange then good times ahead.
    Legendary armour will be similar to legendary weapons. The same stats as Ascended (so not stronger) but with the ability to change those stats on the fly.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Torval said:

I don't know what they're thinking with the raiding either. I get the impression sometimes that no matter how often developers say they're not trying to build WoW anymore, in the back of their collective heads they still have that vision of it. They're trying to build WoW without it actually being WoW.

I think every game should have some free access to the base game I can't help but think they've gone overboard. Let people play it to level 10 in a few key zones, similar to Wizards101. If they like it they can buy it. You want monetary converters. What's the point in bringing in a whole load of people who won't pay for the game. That's the entire reason I like B2P over F2P. I don't mind the latter, but the former is better to me.
    At least the chat is restricted on free accounts. That is always one of my biggest concerns. I know a lot of people disagree with me but I still maintain that B2P/Subscription games have far better general chat. It's nowhere near perfect on B2P/Sub games, or even good for that matter, but it's always an improvement to me.
  • AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    So for those who paid for the core game back from day one do not get any discount on the expansion? but.... the game I originally paid for 3 years ago is now free! Why do I have to pay full price for expansion pack when I already paid full price for the core game that is now free for all? I should get some kind of discount instead of a fancy honor guard Armour skin!

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Torval said:
    I don't know what they're thinking with the raiding either. I get the impression sometimes that no matter how often developers say they're not trying to build WoW anymore, in the back of their collective heads they still have that vision of it. They're trying to build WoW without it actually being WoW.

I think every game should have some free access to the base game I can't help but think they've gone overboard. Let people play it to level 10 in a few key zones, similar to Wizards101. If they like it they can buy it. You want monetary converters. What's the point in bringing in a whole load of people who won't pay for the game. That's the entire reason I like B2P over F2P. I don't mind the latter, but the former is better to me.
    The raids are nothing like WoW. No Attunements (not sure if WoW even does this any more, haven't played in FOREVER). No gear restriction (I do know WoW has that for it's dungeons since Gear Score was made official). There is no gear treadmill. It is just that the rewards -Legendary Armor- is something aesthetically special, while having the same stats as the plateau that is currently ascended gear. There is still no Trinity involved in the fight and there will not be a main healer/main tank required. Instead the raids will be about mechanics, use of Mastery skills, and group synergy using fields and combos. As for the F2P part, players may or may not convert, it is depending on their play style and if they like what they see. All the Elite specializations are HoT-required and a F2P player may be enticed to get HoT after seeing a money staff wielding Thief or hammer wielding Engineer. Guild Halls are exclusive to HoT, so if a F2P player socially gains friends and guildmates, they might be enticed to upgrade to participate in the guild hall and events. There are no Daily Log-in Rewards for F2P players, so that NPC with all the shinies is enticing to them to upgrade for that bonus.

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Going to make a sandwich, grab a beer, and head over to the GW2 forums. This is gonna be gud.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited August 2015
    "We believe in buy to play." Uhh, no. If they did, it wouldn't have gone F2P. That statement makes no sense. B2P and F2P are different models for a reason, they either allow or restrict access based on their model.
    Post edited by observer on
  • SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    If anything it is a hybrid of F2P and B2P... more like an extended trial.. they get a lot of the game but, no hot, no specializations, not new content, etc... unless they buy the game. I like how the raids will use the masteries and DE tech. That seems cool.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Next prediction? They'll continue to have problems with the lucky account loot system most especially in raids once it launches live and since they will have successfully attracted the 1% which remains the only population of MMO players that would bother with raids, they'll absolutely have to finally fix the loot system or lose the last remaining players who spend any time in the game. Sadly, this game went in the opposite direction of Wildstar, it had so much potential it really did but as usual when you put shareholders in the driver's seat you get this result. I'm sure that once the dust settles they'll have as big an exodus away from the title as Blizzard did when they tried to do the same thing with their rewards system, limit it.
  • KyrgyzManasKyrgyzManas Member UncommonPosts: 4
    bcbully said:
    Welp there it is. GW2 has gone F2p.
    wrong, the base game is free now for newcommers. The x-pac is still buy to pay. That way you even more enlarge your potential playerbase for endgame (which is Heart of Thorns from October 23 onwards). But tbh I didn't see that coming, as I don't know any mmorpg out there that feels so crowded and packed as GW2.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    well raids , its everyone know... and everyone ask it not bad move at all

f2p i see comparasion table , f2p have bit taste pve world but its not enough 
    but main focus here to player can go Spvp leveling up 60  and can join WvW
    Remember? gw2 still want go E-Sport to it need decent number players
    next step be maybe Steam?
  • Arcane4176Arcane4176 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Glad I bought this game for $20.00 and not $60.00 Never got into it.