Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The thing I can't stand

doragandoragan Member Posts: 42

OK, the thing I don't like about this game is the waits to travel around. Honestly, it takes AAAGGGGGGEEEEEEESSSS to get anywhere, and there is often next to nothing to do in the meantime. Don't get me wrong, this game is REALLY cool, great and original. I love the skill system, and the whole idea, apart from the long travel times. What do others think of this.

PS, plz dnt bite my head off for this, it is my oppinion on the subject, and I realise that you will have your own, after all you are traveling like solarsystems away, just thought that the devs probably would havecooked something up by now.

Comments

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

There are ways around it.

I can move 32 jumps in less than 20min w/ an Afterburner and Nanos.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • MMO_MunkMMO_Munk Member Posts: 299

Yes just like he said above me, you can make Bookmarks, and instas, also max out your navigation skills. All of these things help the long travel times. You just have to take the time to make them.

• DresanDresan Member Posts: 75

My only gripe with the game was that someone could buy time cards from ccp...sell them for isk then buy an already made character so long as they gave CPP more money for the transfer...this always translated into a form of cheating to me but oh well...

Originally posted by Iza_Dresan
    My only gripe with the game was that someone could buy time cards from ccp...sell them for isk then buy an already made character so long as they gave CPP more money for the transfer...this always translated into a form of cheating to me but oh well...
    Ppl sell characters anyway. So why not capitalize on it?

But anyway, I don't believe you. Link me to where CCP states this or dont' say it, because it's hearsay.

I know for a fact CCP has a EXTREMELY STRONG stance against selling ISK for real money. More so than any other game on the market.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by SnaKey
    Originally posted by Iza_Dresan
    Ppl sell characters anyway. So why not capitalize on it?

But anyway, I don't believe you. Link me to where CCP states this or dont' say it, because it's hearsay.

I know for a fact CCP has a EXTREMELY STRONG stance against selling ISK for real money. More so than any other game on the market.

CCP charges around 15$ for a character transfer. Its not hearsay, just log into your account on the EVE website and check out the available services.

@ topic: There is a reason why people use seperate fittings for travel. Put on Nanons/Overdrives (as already said) and you should see a significant increase in speed. If anyplace in EVE would be reachable in 20 Minutes, the game would suck tbh. Distance is essential.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

Originally posted by AzirophosCCP charges around 15$ for a character transfer. Its not hearsay, just log into your account on the EVE website and check out the available services.

Well, hey.... I was wrong. But CCP does have some beautiful ways of making extra money. I think the $10 fee for changing your Avatar is a great Idea (even though I would never pay for it) because ppl get sick of their Avatars and make crappy ones (like me) then a year hate it. lmmfao

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me