Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like more Farming or RNG ?

AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
edited August 2015 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Please Feel Free To Leave A Comment In Comment Section Below

RNG: Random Number Generator or Drop Chance for Items.

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Rhoklaw said:
    Technically, farming is still using the RNG factor. So I think it's kind of a redundant poll. Maybe you meant to ask, do we like RNG while farming or RNG from the cash shop.
    No, looking at the other, closed version of the poll it was intended to be randomness vs. slow and steady grind toward a goal.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Rhoklaw said:
    So, to clarify, you have a reward, let's say a Tier 5 piece of armor. You're asking if I enjoy farming 1000 zombies for it or do I enjoy farming zombies with a chance of it dropping from 1 to 100000 zombies?
    I enjoy both actually. While i farm the zombies for mats i don't mind if some epics would drop that i could sell for some extra cash.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    edited August 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    So, to clarify, you have a reward, let's say a Tier 5 piece of armor. You're asking if I enjoy farming 1000 zombies for it or do I enjoy farming zombies with a chance of it dropping from 1 to 100000 zombies?
    And your original statement still rings true. What's the point of the poll? 

Also there is rng in every game. Even in highly competitive esports games.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Is Alamonzoro going to pay us for all the customer surveys? :)
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Rhoklaw said:
    Technically, farming is still using the RNG factor. So I think it's kind of a redundant poll. Maybe you meant to ask, do we like RNG while farming or RNG from the cash shop.
    No, looking at the other, closed version of the poll it was intended to be randomness vs. slow and steady grind toward a goal.
    Thanks for explaining, because the options didn't seem to make any particular sense as written.

Which probably means the poll results won't, either.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Just the right combination of both.
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    The best part on diablo 2 was that randomness on all drops. A zombie could drop an unique item with extreme low chance, the bosses had high chances. But what they drop was also random. Its like lottery. People love lotteries
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited August 2015
    Farming like is a 100% drop rate is more worth it like a item drops but need many of the same items to craft your gear and weapons much more worth it, but a system just RNG just to keep you longer that like 98% games that are out there not so good. It's pretty much worthless system that is out there and new system should come in if they want to keep people. But anyhow as RNG is not bad as long is not base on something you need.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    It depends what I'm working toward, the accessibility of each option, and the percentage or guarantee rate of the RNG. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited August 2015
    This poll makes no sense. But ok, more rng in every aspect please.
    More farming ? what is farming, grinding quests, grinding xp, farming resources, farming drops (this is rng). Farming more than what ?
    Well yes I want grind, I love the grind.. any mmo is grind, just implemented in various ways .. there are quest grinding, raid grinding, gear farming, pvp grinding, level/xp/skill grinding. The only question is, what kind of grind do you find more interesting.
  • GroundlessGroundless Member UncommonPosts: 42
    @Alamonzoro please give us more context for these polls, if you plan to keep making them. Write some details about exactly what you mean by the terms you are using for these polls. Vague polls lead to vague unfocused discussions.