Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10,wow what a bad first day.

VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

As soon as i could I did choose to upgrade to windows 10. 4,5 houres later I have had 2 failed installations where windows say installation faild installing previous operativsystem. I ran win10 beta without any problems whatsoever,but this upgrade did not work so now I'm staying with my old windows 7. Dont feel for waisting houres to se this fail messages ever again, and what happent to the fullversion they promised us with a product key?

Windows 10 release for me is total fail.

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

What are you expecting for release day?

I wonder how many tens or hundreds of millions are all trying to do this at the same time.

Patience is in order here.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• xanderxainxanderxain Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Regardless of the delivery hangups, I did the tech preview and the OS itself is beautiful. Minimalistic, resource friendly, and sleek.
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Well i had no problems with downloading the files it was the installation who screw up.
  • GreekaGreeka Member UncommonPosts: 29

I just completed the install and it took just over 45 minutes. No issues at all other then my system locked up after the initial login due to some random issue with my anti-virus. Other then that it was clean and quick and no issues so far.

• CalkrowCalkrow Member UncommonPosts: 92

Ever since trying Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 ugprade I've always though upgrading Windows a bad idea.  Always better, although admitted more time consuming, to back everything up, format the hard disk and do a fresh clean install.

I will add though that since doing a fresh install of one of the early betas of Windows 10 each upgrade had gone well, curious to see how it goes over the next few years.

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.
  • xanderxainxanderxain Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Vidir
    Well i had no problems with downloading the files it was the installation who screw up.

maybe the kittens in the tubes of the internet lost some of your packets on the way.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well according to reports Windows is taking all the internets... So i would not be shocked if some people encounter corrupted files along the way. 

This have been a good conversation

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The thing with new windows versions is that they have more bugs than a cheap motel.

XP sucked for a year, Vista was a total mess, 7 had it's issues and 8 was far from great. Just stay away from it at least until the first major patch.

Sooner or later will be be forced to upgrade our Windows, personally I would run 2000 Advanced server if gaming on it still would work well and it could handle my new rigg. I can't sadly. Just don't be in too much of a hurry and everything will be fine.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I upgraded yesterday and... its not causing me any problems yet. Its actually a little surprising since all Windows iterations have had issues during their first 6 months after release. Biggest issue I experienced was bloatware and if I use small sized live tiles its only half a tile.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Took a little over an hour yesterday to upgrade.  Haven't had any issues yet.   Still learning how everything works and how to navigate the OS, but all in all I am quite happy so far and Windows 10 seems way more stable than any previous Windows version I've used.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Loke666

The thing with new windows versions is that they have more bugs than a cheap motel.

XP sucked for a year, Vista was a total mess, 7 had it's issues and 8 was far from great. Just stay away from it at least until the first major patch.

Sooner or later will be be forced to upgrade our Windows, personally I would run 2000 Advanced server if gaming on it still would work well and it could handle my new rigg. I can't sadly. Just don't be in too much of a hurry and everything will be fine.

Vista was not a total mess. I understand the need to people to hop on bandwagons to fit in, but lies are not cool. The only issue people had with Vista is that when it released it had too many versions (3 version of 32 bit, and 3 for 64bit). People and some manufacturers installed the 32 bit version on 64 bit machines that had 4gb+ of ram. The 32bit version actually ran slower as a result of too much ram. Other than that, there were a few minor bugs as there currently is with any version of windows. 

So please... stop the bandwagon hopping. Vista was fine.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Meh I spent a few hours trying to get it to reconize my raid controller, but it just refused to.   So had to use the slower bus.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• MystearicaMystearica Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited August 2015
    Vidir 

Yeah not getting it... but Windows 8 still wins the prize for being worse!!  Sticking to windows 7