Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My dvd drive doesn't show up on windows 10

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
For some reason when I upgraded to windows 10 and looked in the file explorer my dvd drive doesn't show up on there. But when i attached my mp3 player it showed on there as an E:

Even when I put this installation disk in my dvd drive it didn't pop up on my screen like it used to on windows 7.

How come my dvd drive don't show up on windows 10?

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Because Windows 10.

Maybe it'll get fixed in a patch.

Mine has recently started to not detect one of my monitors when it comes up from a cold boot - I have to unplug and replug in the DP cable for it to come up as something other than a generic 640x480 monitor.

It's still got some quirks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Xbox 360 controllers don't work with Windows 10 either... Trust me I spent an hour talking with a Microsoft Technician and it came down to them finally looking at their support information and going, "It appears only the Xbox One controller is supported at the moment". So, yes watch out when upgrading. Some hardware will not work when switching to Windows 10. 
    Mine works fine, that's odd - but not surprising, it could go out next time I reboot my computer.

It's like a crap shoot every time I turn my computer on of something else not working.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2015
    By doesn't show up depends what you mean

1.) Check Bios settings and see if its listed there if not its a hardware issue, depending on the DVD drive being SATA, or IDE check power /connections inside, and if that isn't an issue replace the cable and see if it works, if not replace the cable especially if its an IDE those are known to go bad.

2.) If it shows up in BIOS, but not in OS, check device manager / Disk Management ?

3.) If there is no issues on your end or hardware its just windows 10 glad I didn't upgrade yet.

http://www.askvg.com/optical-drives-are-not-showing-in-my-computer/ Perhaps this will work as someone posted above I don't know.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    What's a D V D?
    Ridelynn said:
    Xbox 360 controllers don't work with Windows 10 either... Trust me I spent an hour talking with a Microsoft Technician and it came down to them finally looking at their support information and going, "It appears only the Xbox One controller is supported at the moment". So, yes watch out when upgrading. Some hardware will not work when switching to Windows 10. 
    Mine works fine, that's odd - but not surprising, it could go out next time I reboot my computer.

It's like a crap shoot every time I turn my computer on of something else not working.
    Yeah, every time I attempt to use my 360 controller in a program none of the buttons, analog sticks, D-pad, or triggers work. I've attempted Windows 7 compatibility, I've tried administrator permissions, I've tried both at the same time. I've attempted reinstalling the drivers. Nothing works and the controller 100% worked on Windows 7.

The only button that does work when I'm in a game is the Xbox button to prompt that Xbox application. So yeah, you're lucky it might work but it's not support yet.
    The Xbox button on mine is the only button that doesn't work (which I'm fine with). Crazy. Sorry to hear your trouble.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Cleffy said:
    What's a D V D?
    Stupid question is stupid...