Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TheHiveLeader Returns - Part 1

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageTheHiveLeader Returns - Part 1

TheHiveLeader returns to The Secret World to experience the brand new Issue 12. However, first he

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    the secret world looks actually pretty good, but these investigation missions arent for me. heard you have to google for them and stuff...any game that breaks my immersion is a fail design for me. but the overall feel of the game looks actually very nice
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Will you do one on Project Gorgon?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited August 2015
    An another great vid, HL (side question, what happened with the Collector toon? :awesome: )
    See you more into AR (or pure fist). Personally never liked leeching, but maybe I should give it a try... seemed fairly capable.

Btw, that line of "combat ... I like it ... it's not perfect, but can look past the imperfect combat 'cos I love the rest of the game so dam much" :lol: prepare for the sh.tstorm man, this place is the hq of the "TSW combat suxxorz!$!" team :lol:

edit: oh, almost forgot. Doing macarena while the team is chasing Recursia's adds - epic :+1: 
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    If you press T in the game is not tab target anymore:)
  • User836User836 Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Zarkin86 said:
    the secret world looks actually pretty good, but these investigation missions arent for me. heard you have to google for them and stuff...any game that breaks my immersion is a fail design for me. but the overall feel of the game looks actually very nice
    You can skip those missions if you don't like them but whereas searching for clues on internet websites would be very strange in most games, TSW takes place in the modern world where people have internet connection and devices to access it. There is an in-game browser even, and web sites set up specifically for the game, like a website for the fictional town of the first area where you find clues to help you with your investigations... for me the investigation missions don't break immersion because they tie in very well with the setting but of course other people can feel differently about this.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Will you do one on Project Gorgon?
    I did one about a year ago. But I'll likely do another one once the game "releases" in December. Heck, I did their Kickstarter video...
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Po_gg said:
    An another great vid, HL (side question, what happened with the Collector toon? :awesome: )
    See you more into AR (or pure fist). Personally never liked leeching, but maybe I should give it a try... seemed fairly capable.

Btw, that line of "combat ... I like it ... it's not perfect, but can look past the imperfect combat 'cos I love the rest of the game so dam much" :lol: prepare for the sh.tstorm man, this place is the hq of the "TSW combat suxxorz!$!" team :lol:

edit: oh, almost forgot. Doing macarena while the team is chasing Recursia's adds - epic :+1: 
    Yeah. I've gotten heat for liking TSW's combat before. I'm prepared to say "I don't care" a whole lot :-)
    And I'm really into AR. I love Leech heals. As a long time healer, leeching always makes me feel like I'm actually contributing a bit more than just staring at health bars.

And The Collector toon actually belongs to The Collector now :-) 
  • ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Zarkin86 said:
    Since it's a modern MMORPG the internet exists in the game and you don't have to leave the game to open a screen to research, there is a built-in browser. However I do understand if secret world is not your cup of tea. I just have a different view of how they meant for you to research using the internet.

User836 said:

[...] web sites set up specifically for the game, like a website for the fictional town of the first area where you find clues to help you with your investigations...
    Kingsmouth's official page was among the first webpages went up, even before the betas I guess, it was part of the pre-game viral campaign. My favourite is Freeborn's blog, and not only because he later got a whole Issue :)  (but Anderson's SK fansite is cool as well)
  • Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    edited August 2015
    well, if the game got a built in browser as part of the lore, then thats great and is indeed immersive. i thought i had to tab out and search the web. hmm maybe i should try this game out. thx guys
    edited August 2015
    Yep, there's one, default key for it is 'b' (as browser), not sure about the engine behind it (edit: somewhere I heard it's a modified Chrome), but it's pretty solid. Originally had a filter too, so when you searched it automatically filtered out pages with "tsw", "walkthrough", "solution" etc. Can't say it still does or not, to be honest I used to alt+tab for my own browser :wink: 
  • ZibooZiboo Member UncommonPosts: 158
    It's definitely the best game out there as far as questing, cut-scene/story, lore, memorably NPC's, etc. People always say they want something different than the "wow-clone". This is definitely different!

Proud member of Hammerfist Clan Gaming Community.

Currently playing: RIFT, EQ2, WoW, LoTRO
    Retired: Warhammer, AoC, EQ
    Waiting: SWToR & GW2

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Zarkin86 said:
    the internet browser is in game so that is not a problem. The problem is that instead of finding clues on google, you find the entire playthrough and easily bypass the whole thing.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    The game title should have the permanent sub-heading: TSW - liked by a lot, played by a few. oh and................. ............................ ............................ .............the combat is AWFUL. Game devs - don't focus on issue 12, 13, 14, 15 ........... stop and fix the combat. This would likely bring in far more players than churning out issue after issue still with the same woeful combat mechanics. Melee combat - two string puppets having a slapping contest.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    As expected of Hiveleader, another fun filled review. "helping" in the middle of boss fight..hilarious!! :D

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Another great video. Thanks HL. You have renewed my interest in this one.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited August 2015
    Great video. It's your favorite MMO but you didn't login to a least do the chapters as they became available, I don't understand this. --------------------------------- As someone else said doing internet research is part of the immersion of the game. Now it's very easy with the detailed walkthroughs players have created.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    translation to above comments - its too hard of a game... they aren't ready for an adult mmo People want good gear and they want it right away without doing anything to get it
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Nice vid, as always HL. TSW is one of the five games I keep on my desktop and keep updated, but don't seem to have time to play. I may get back to it this autumn. I hope Funcom can keep afloat and keep this game going.

• BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126
    One of the best mmo's out there. Yeah the combat is its weakest asset, but the rest of the game makes up for it.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I can't get past the lousy combat. The lore is fun but in a game where you have to kill everything. The combat needs to be fluid AND smooth.
  • ZephyrjinxZephyrjinx Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Great review, I too like the combat. Took sometime getting use too I will admit but I will admit that when I first read about the game all those people downing on the combat kept me from trying it out. I am so glad I finally checked it out. Great game!

• Mixx86Mixx86 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    This game never feels old. It is, arguably, the best MMO that has ever been concieved. Not catering for munchkins and with a pretty steep learning curve it just don't attract people who needs instant gratification. It suits me perfectly. If there is one gripe I have with it, it is that there are alot of solo instances and not enough group content during 'leveling' - not that there are any sush thing in this game, it being without levels, and classes for that matter..... and there is not even a need for alts..... I mean seriously, why do not the whole world play this?
  • SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Enjoyed the review, but not as much as I enjoy actually playing TSW. Great great great game. I first tried it at release, but didn't stick. Rediscovered the game a few months ago and haven't stopped playing.
  • oxydeoxyde Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Ok Hiveleader. You did it. I am going to go back and play a bit again. I liked it last time I played but my friends are unable to appreciate anything that isn't WoW or Blizzard. Worthless ass friends I have.