Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis | A Living, Open World | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageGloria Victis | A Living, Open World | MMORPG

Creating the total immersion has been one of the fundamental goals of Gloria Victis since the very beginning of development. This implicates a need of an open world – a really open one, without loading screens or invisible barriers at every turn. A world which would be as much believable and alive as possible.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    edited August 2015
    Only thing stopping me from playing GV is the ridiculously slow download speed.  Every time I remember Gloria Victis, I figure I'll try again with the dl; then give up, thinking, "Well, won't be playing this today", and giving up. 

edit: Just started downloading again (since the game was mentioned, and I wanted to keep with tradition"; seems to be going much faster now.  I...dare I say...might be able to play tonight!
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    This game sounds awesome.
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Game has absolutely huge potential. Sadly I think the scope is too big for the size of the development team and budget. It's moving along but very very slowly.

I check in once in a while. The move to Unity 5 was a nice step forward and it's looking much better in recent months.
  • irnbru69irnbru69 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited August 2015
    They added more servers to download from, before it was just europe now there is a NA download option, so yea it goes a lot faster now.
    The game is good it gets a world expansion soon but there is a stutter every so often that stops me playing the game.
    The music is great, the atmosphere is top notch, combat is ok ish but theres plenty time to get better.
    You can swap between EU and NA keep same character and gear, oh yea bank/stash shares on characters too.

There is a lot of polish people who play this game, but they are pretty friendly with english speakers. I used to group up with a lot of polish and go out on pvp raids, they are pvp mad. Theres a lot of PvE in the game aswell tho, it starts of a bit slow but after your geared it gets easyer (kinda). Expect to die a bit unless you are well prepared.

Any one who loves medieval games and or plays any survival pvp game should naturally love this game, or at least the concept as there is a death penalty which could see you lose gear in pvp.

friendly in cherno.
  • bryanettebryanette Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Yeah, 2x world expansion comming tommorow as far as I know! http://gloriavictisgame.com/news/7893
  • grunzerxxgrunzerxx Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited August 2015
    yeah the expansion will come tomorrow or in the next few days! ^^
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    This game really does seem to have everything I like in an MMO, so I'm keeping my eye on this. May even consider joining the alpha.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I agree, this game has amazing potential and I've had my eye on it for over a year now.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    edited August 2015
    It looks cool. It has a Mount&Blade vibe.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• tinoberserktinoberserk Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Seems to me that even the 10 dollar package gives access to the game. It says 'access to the game from now'so i'm guessing thats immediate.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited August 2015
    Vonatar said:
    Game has absolutely huge potential. Sadly I think the scope is too big for the size of the development team and budget. It's moving along but very very slowly.

I check in once in a while. The move to Unity 5 was a nice step forward and it's looking much better in recent months.
    Wow it looks A LOT better. I might actually re-download and boot it up tomorrow. Last year the game was in such rough shape. I cringed every time I saw an article or heard someone recommend it.  

edit - Still on the hard drive!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    probly need the new launcher
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    edited August 2015
    In my opinion it was well worth the donation to enter the game. And yes for those wondering, any donation will get you into the game immediately.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I got about 3/4 of the way through the d/l last night, the most progress I've made in a long time.  I'm anticipating being able to log in sometimes tonight...if I can remember my user name.
    I got about 3/4 of the way through the d/l last night, the most progress I've made in a long time.  I'm anticipating being able to log in sometimes tonight...if I can remember my user name.
    The download is slow for everyone at the beginning no matter what speed you are paying for. Once you get about half was through it's pretty quick.
    I want to mention that you may encounter an error when trying to download the game. If you use Windows 7 64 bit you may receive an error numerous times during the whole download. The error will stop the download and shut down your client. Simply restart the client as admin and continue to download. As I mentioned this can happen numerous times but once you get through the download it shouldn't happen anymore. Also loading times to get to the game may take a bit of time as well. The load bar may not move for a bit but it will eventually. This is a game in pre alpha, so these things are expected along with bugs, crashes etc. If you aren't prepared to deal with these things you may want to wait till the game is released, which will be a long time from now.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    ...and Warhammer's Old World ;)
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Only thing stopping me from playing GV is the ridiculously slow download speed.  Every time I remember Gloria Victis, I figure I'll try again with the dl; then give up, thinking, "Well, won't be playing this today", and giving up. 

edit: Just started downloading again (since the game was mentioned, and I wanted to keep with tradition"; seems to be going much faster now.  I...dare I say...might be able to play tonight!
    For me it is downloading it and being able to log in.  My character is usually invisible (fully or just pieces like his legs or something) or completely pink.  

• BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126
    irnbru69 said:
    Any one who loves medieval games and or plays any survival pvp game should naturally love this game, or at least the concept as there is a death penalty which could see you lose gear in pvp.
    Thanks! This information kept me from making a huge mistake by trying this game. Appreciated.
  • cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Bunnyking said:
    irnbru69 said:
    Thanks! This information kept me from making a huge mistake by trying this game. Appreciated.
    Sorry my English... I see many people that do Not want to play good games because the Death Penalty... and I was wondering, is there a lot more that want to play the game because of it?
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    bcbully said:
    Vonatar said:

Wow it looks A LOT better. I might actually re-download and boot it up tomorrow. Last year the game was in such rough shape. I cringed every time I saw an article or heard someone recommend it.  

edit - Still on the hard drive!
    Bully, we need you to come play some GV. Think you'll absolutely love it if we can get a posse together and hunt some Midlanders.
  • OrmagodonOrmagodon Member UncommonPosts: 32
    GV is a great game that has come a long way.
  • irnbru69irnbru69 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    cybersrs said:
    Bunnyking said:
    irnbru69 said:
    Sorry my English... I see many people that do Not want to play good games because the Death Penalty... and I was wondering, is there a lot more that want to play the game because of it?
    Well if your in a guild and have guild mates dedicated to making armour for the people, then its hardly a lose of gear. If you are on your own how ever losing gear might seem like a bit of a barrier but I would still encourage any one who likes the look of the game to give it a go because it is rather easy to avoid pvp in many cases aswell.
  • CybersclongCybersclong Member UncommonPosts: 10
    What type of classes does this game have?
  • bartold666bartold666 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    What type of classes does this game have?
    Classless. :)