Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye Xbox One, hello Alienware Alpha...

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
The Xbox One was good for a year  and a half for me. It has some good games but the box has poor performance when it comes to gaming.  I put up with the bad next gen performance and just simply had enough.  I just got me an Alienware Alpha I5 and it will be here Tuesday. Which I am super excited about. I finally get a real next gen console. It cost me a bit more but it is well worth it.  The Alienware Alpha is just so much more powerful than both the Xbox One and PS4.  So I'm excited and can't wait. I love the fact i can upgrade my Alpha's ram, cpu and hard drive unlike the current consoles. Unfortunately I can't upgrade the Alpha's gpu but the 860m is a medium to high level laptop gpu for gaming.  For those who are looking for a real console next gen experience I recommend the Alienware Alpha .  it may cost you a tad bit more but you are getting a superior gaming console.

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    There is currenty no next gen consoles out. Everything has been out for over a year. Its very well situated as "current gen". The Alienware alpha is a decent choice, especially if you made sure to apply coupons before purchase. The great thing about Alienware is that the prices you see are several hundred more then what you can expect to may (in many cases).
  • DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    I dont understand, why people wont just figure out how to make a computer before overpaying for alienware.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    It's. A. Computer. Not. A. Console.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I dont understand, why people wont just figure out how to make a computer before overpaying for alienware.
    Alienware is by far the cheapest route to go for any pre-made gaming PC. Only sucks pay the sticker price.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited August 2015
    Man that isnt a console......... It is a PC with a better looking case.............................................................................................................................................................................................................. As for the new consoles PC haha, the only reason I like them is because, people are so shallow, and gullible they buy beats head phones for 200 bucks. Now with these "consoles" I can re sell my PC for more, since when you try to sell a custom PC, no one knows what it is.......

BTW if the graphics in the thing your buying is a 860m, you do understand that a xbox one has more power than that. As far as the CPU goes, that is the least important part to a gaming pc. You could take a Dual core Quad core, Q6000 i believe it was, which was one of the first quad CPUs from Intel, and pair it with a 290x or 390x and have a much better gaming experience, than say you bought your self a 1000 dollar i7, and used a 860m, which I doubt would even max BF4 which is a old game. As for ram, if you have over 8gbs, there is no upgrade for gaming. As for faster ram, again that would only be useful for a on board graphics card. So the only thing you got is a useless PC, that cant upgrade the most important part........ Here is a example for you. 

Here is your 860m  not even able to max, which i mean ultra settings.  BF4 which I figured. My 400 dollar i5 3570k, 8gbs of ram, and a 370 gets 40-60 on ultra 
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    ThomasN7 said:
    The Xbox One was good for a year  and a half for me. It has some good games but the box has poor performance when it comes to gaming.  I put up with the bad next gen performance and just simply had enough.  I just got me an Alienware Alpha I5 and it will be here Tuesday. Which I am super excited about. I finally get a real next gen console. It cost me a bit more but it is well worth it.  The Alienware Alpha is just so much more powerful than both the Xbox One and PS4.  So I'm excited and can't wait. I love the fact i can upgrade my Alpha's ram, cpu and hard drive unlike the current consoles. Unfortunately I can't upgrade the Alpha's gpu but the 860m is a medium to high level laptop gpu for gaming.  For those who are looking for a real console next gen experience I recommend the Alienware Alpha .  it may cost you a tad bit more but you are getting a superior gaming console.
    Why are some people so desperate to try and put down the console?  Its rather sad actually.  
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    ThomasN7 said:  it may cost you a tad bit more but you are getting a superior gaming console.

Well duh, if you pay more you should get more right?

Brilliant, thanks. 

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited August 2015
    Grunty said:
    It's. A. Computer. Not. A. Console.
    Not directed at you but:

Xbone, PS4, Smartphone and your Pocket Calculator for that matter are all computers

The only thing that matters are their capabilities and their limitations.

My first video game was Pong which just happened to be a console only release ;)

All these PC Master Race vs Console kiddie arguments are just plain stupid

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee